• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Brushes...

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Alright...well, I barely even know what "brushes" are, let alone where to find/download/get them on to gimp...

Can anyone tell me (in an easy-to-understand-way) how I can find some "brushes" and transfer them to gimp?

Much appreciated...

:unsure:

EDIT: This is what I know (or have tried to do) so far;

I find a good GIMP brush on deviantart, and click 'download'. Then I find my Local Disk C drive thing, and open the "program files", then open "Gimp 2.0"...but...supposedly I'm supposed to be finding some sort of "brushes" file in there...I don't see one.... >_<

Okay, I found the brush file, and saved a set of brushes into it...but...they wont show up when I'm using GIMP.... >_<

Gengar said:
Okay, I found the brush file, and saved a set of brushes into it...but...they wont show up when I'm using GIMP.... >_<
Did you put them in the right folder and extract them from the zipped folder?

And you have to restart gimp if you have it open while getting the brushes (close and open it)

yeah I would say it sounds like you put them in while in gimp, you just need to restart it if that is the case... otherwise

:unsure:

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
Did you put them in the right folder and extract them from the zipped folder?
"Extract"?

Thats the only thing I havent done...how...how excactly do I do that?

An Update on what I just tried to do that didnt work out;

I saved the brushes to my desktop.
I extracted the zipped folder.
I tried to drag it to the gimp box thing, but that didn't work...

Gengar said:
An Update on what I just tried to do that didnt work out;

I saved the brushes to my desktop.
I extracted the zipped folder.
I tried to drag it to the gimp box thing, but that didn't work...

Okay, when WinZip or whatever you use opened, did it list the contents? If so, highlight them all and click on Extract. Extract to C:/Program Files/GIMP 2.0/share/gimp/2.0/brushes. Close out WinZip, and the Gimp, and then reopen the gimp. The brushes should appear when you open the Brushes Dialogue.

THANK YOU!!!!

It worked!

Well, I didn't choose the greatest brushes at the moment, but it worked!

^_^

Back