• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

CALLING ALL SIMMERS!

Okay so I'm trying really hard to get into the sims 4 but I just can't. I don't know why. I feel like something is missing. It's so pretty though. For now I'll stick with Sims 2 I guess. :/

I'm having the same problem. I bought Sims 4 over a year ago, but I am hating it so far. There are certain aspects that I like.

I HATE that I have to basically build my entire town from scratch, instead of having everything already set up.

I obviously prefer Sims 3. And not just because I have all but like, two of the expansions for it, lol.

ts4 has pretty good potential , but they just haven't been releasing the right expansion packs . they need to make it more family oriented by adding toddlers , holidays , and school . the ability to have high rise buildings / apartments and having cars like taxis show up instead of just walking off the lot would be cool as well . i also would like to see packs like world adventures , supernatural , pets , and univ life . there's so much lacking still so i'll just be patient for the time being

Last edited:
Sims 4 is my first Sims game. (Ok I did technically buy Sims 3 first (it's super cheap now at like $20) but the base game refused to update no matter what I did. The glitches were game breakingly horrible. Like my game would constantly freeze and crash all the time. I even had a couple packs but couldn't even use them do to the not updating problem.

Really wanting to play the sims I decided to shell out some money for Sims 4 and I've been really pleased with it. It runs really well, updates no problem and has yet to crash once on me. Safe to say I long uninstalled the glitchy mess that Sims 3 was. I can understand why some people really dislike Sims 4 but it looks so good and runs so nicely. Sure Sims 3 does so much more but it really hasn't aged well and is very last gen.

I believe things can only get better for the Sims 4!

Last edited:
i dont like sims 4 at all. many wonderful features from sims 3 were taken away, which is a huge downgrade to me. besides, i dont wanna go through the horror of buying all expansions again lol

also here's a little tip for sims 3 simmers: if you have awesomemod installed, you don't need to have the cd in the pc anymore in order to play, it will run without it. very helpful for expansions ;) for example, you and your friend can buy the expansion once and share the money and you guys can both use it at the same time. one gets the cd, one has awesomemod. I saved a lot of money this way by sharing them with my friend!
but once you install it, you better don't deinstall it anymore, because all games you saved while having the core mod will get corrupted if you deinstall, just as a warning.

I'm having the same problem. I bought Sims 4 over a year ago, but I am hating it so far. There are certain aspects that I like.

I HATE that I have to basically build my entire town from scratch, instead of having everything already set up.

I obviously prefer Sims 3. And not just because I have all but like, two of the expansions for it, lol.

I think the sims 4 is pretty and I like some new features. The career expansion pack looked nice but I couldnt make myself care enough to start a job. I'd like to get my hands on the supernatural sims 3 expansion and some others. I only have the base game and the nightlife equivalent, so far I love it.

I really want to buy more stuff/game packs for the sims 4. I have the 2 expansion packs & spa day & spooky stuff. the new backyard stuff pack looks pretty good, there's some nice new CAS items and it's be great to make a super nice beach house or something, i think it'd go pretty well with the perfect patio stuff pack too (they should have just merged them to make one stuff pack, they've got so many already). the romantic garden and dine out packs look good too, I want to buy a few but i'm not sure which ones yet. still forever waiting for pets/supernatural, toddlers and colour wheels though.

i wish sims for had the featured from sims 2 and 3 but w the emotions, multitasking and nice graphics... that would have been great. i rly love the look of the game, but gameplay wise it's really lacking (especially if you only have the base game). a few things that are limiting in my opinion are the lack of toddlers (tbh everything w family gameplay is really lame??), the sims 2 like loading screens that are Everywhere(seriously, if i can see all the items on another lot rly well why tf do i have to go through a loading screen), and the lack of open worlds. like, i get that the open world in sims 3 was too laggy and i don't mind the smaller neighbourhoods, but Please let us have more than one lot loaded at the same time??

it has been two years since it was released and it is still really lacking i'm about 2 die. when sims 3 was 2 years old in 2011 it was starting to add loads of new, cool stuff. they still don't have toddlers.....

I put a hold on getting sims 4 because it got such mixed reviews, but your sims look so cool! ;-; Might have to make an investment >.<

Got a chance to play the base game at a friend's house and...I feel like there's a lot missing from it. Had fun but it didn't strike me as the next big Sims game. I'll probably try it again a few years down the line when it inevitably has seasons and the like. Just feels like a step back in its current state when comparing it to 2 & 3.

Last edited:
honestly love sims 4 solely for the graphics. maxis match cc is amazing and i love it. way better than sims 3 cc style..

get to work is really fun, get together is fun, and i dont have dine out but it seems fun. i really like the way theyre handling packs as opposed to releasing EPs for 40 bucks. i hope they release a Get To School that includes elm-college :)

I love having free will for sims. Things become really interesting. I was having my female (witch) sim slowly court a male (vampire) sim (I made and placed in the town), who is waaaay out of her league, and she cast a love spell on herself and she totally stole a kiss from him. UM, I tried my best to make my sim very similar to me, but she's crazy. I thought it was funny though. She managed to start dating him in like 5 minutes without any help. Then another male (witch) sim I placed in the town ran into my female sim while she was on a date with her vampire friendo, and witch boy hit it off with her, and honestly I've gotten myself into a virtual love triangle. I had no idea that my two witches would have so much in common when I made them at different times. e_e Sim drama is best drama.

^ l m a o maybe that's ur True Self

talking about sim drama, one of the most fun things in the sims 3 for me was to make a male sim, buy the traits that makes it easier to be romantic w/ ppl, and then make as many ppl pregnant as possible. it was rly messy and funny when two women would just start slapping each other because both were in love w/ my sim )x

there are a lot of weird stuff u can do in the sims... i used to kill my sims' children, both for fun and because i didn't want them.

also did you know that horses (and i assume cats and dogs too) can't burn to desth in the sims 3? isn't that disappointing. i tried to burn a horse once and it was in a room completely filled w/ fire for over a day, but it didn't die...

another fun thing go do in ts3 is to blow up your neighbours' cars and outdoor sesting areas. i love going to the richest in town and blowing up their cars......
and having a unicorn or a witch or someone like that is Great!! because then you cam make them go to other homes in the neighbourhood and set fire to them. B)

also i rly like that fire seems to spread more realistically in the sims 4. havent set fire to stuff myself in the game yet, but saw a youtube video and it seemed a lot more dsngerous than the fires in previous sim gsmes.

^ l m a o maybe that's ur True Self

talking about sim drama, one of the most fun things in the sims 3 for me was to make a male sim, buy the traits that makes it easier to be romantic w/ ppl, and then make as many ppl pregnant as possible. it was rly messy and funny when two women would just start slapping each other because both were in love w/ my sim )x

there are a lot of weird stuff u can do in the sims... i used to kill my sims' children, both for fun and because i didn't want them.

also did you know that horses (and i assume cats and dogs too) can't burn to desth in the sims 3? isn't that disappointing. i tried to burn a horse once and it was in a room completely filled w/ fire for over a day, but it didn't die...

another fun thing go do in ts3 is to blow up your neighbours' cars and outdoor sesting areas. i love going to the richest in town and blowing up their cars......
and having a unicorn or a witch or someone like that is Great!! because then you cam make them go to other homes in the neighbourhood and set fire to them. B)

also i rly like that fire seems to spread more realistically in the sims 4. havent set fire to stuff myself in the game yet, but saw a youtube video and it seemed a lot more dsngerous than the fires in previous sim gsmes.
Woah you can blow up stuff on the sims 3?! I've clearly been missing out.

I've been playing a lot of Sims 3 lately

I play:
The Sims 3 (Wii)
The Sims 3 (PS3)
The Sims 3: Pets (PS3)

I REALLY want to play The Sims 4, but my laptop isn't engineered to handle a game like The Sims 4, so I am hoping to either get lucky and somehow play it, or it come out for the console like the PS4! >_<

Back