• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Campsite worth it?

o.o I think it's worth it. You get to choose who can move to your village through it, or if your town is full you at least get a fresh face every once in a while. The games can be fun too. :)

The campsite and getting an animal from another players village can fill the 10th spot. As far as I know you stay at 9 otherwise.

It's totally worth it. Outside villagers will set up tents in the summer and igloos in the winter like in the gamecube version with a chance of them moving in your town.

Yes! So far I've met Lolly and Gladys, both who I've asked to move in and they have. I <3 Lolly so much!

I love having a campsite! I put it in a fairly remote part of town, where it won't get in the way. I go by there every day to check and see who is camping there. So far I have had two campers. I told the first one I didn't want him to move in, so he disappeared. I wanted the second one to move in but was not persuasive enough. Still, it has been a lot of fun to have a new face in town now and then.

So yousweet cause I want to build it but wasn't sure(since it would be my first work project)

I love having a campsite! I put it in a fairly remote part of town, where it won't get in the way. I go by there every day to check and see who is camping there. So far I have had two campers. I told the first one I didn't want him to move in, so he disappeared. I wanted the second one to move in but was not persuasive enough. Still, it has been a lot of fun to have a new face in town now and then.

I hope you didn't take their refusal and leave it at that. If you are persistent enough they will change their minds. I lost three the rock paper scissors games before Gladys agreed to move in. Keep inviting them to your town, and eventually they will move in.

What's the drawback of the campsite? It looks okay & I met & forced moved a new camper!

When your town has the max of 10 villagers, the campsite can still be inhabited causing you to see the villager inside which could be one of your most sought after villagers of ALL TIME! But, alas, your town is full, so you must be forced to see what you can never hold. D: The campsite brings pain!

Yeah, that's pretty much the only downside of it, though. I got Maple yesterday, and although I'm not exceedingly fond of her, I wanted her in my town. Pate (who is literally the WORST duck) was just packed up that day, so I couldn't get Maple :/

It's fine, though. There are plenty of ways to get your ideal villagers, and the campsite is yet another option.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only downside of it, though. I got Maple yesterday, and although I'm not exceedingly fond of her, I wanted her in my town. Pate (who is literally the WORST duck) was just packed up that day, so I couldn't get Maple :/

It's fine, though. There are plenty of ways to get your ideal villagers, and the campsite is yet another option.

But it also:

-Takes up space
-Clutters your map with another icon
-Forces you to see it empty day after day
-Usually takes the place of a special visitor
-Causes you to lose money/furniture/items on the games
-Can't put a pattern in the two spaces in front of the door which is worse than the houses
-The tent is red
-Every camper has the same furniture with them

Yup...I just squeezed out some negatives.

When your town has the max of 10 villagers, the campsite can still be inhabited causing you to see the villager inside which could be one of your most sought after villagers of ALL TIME! But, alas, your town is full, so you must be forced to see what you can never hold. D: The campsite brings pain!

Holy... that's a very valid point. I must reconsider. :lemon:

I love my campsite.
I'm making a rustic inn right next to it to complete the look. I've planted a lot of trees and flowers, and even have a stump for decoration. It's also right next to a river.
It's fun getting random items from playing their games.
At least money isn't an issue after a trip to the island.

I was considering not getting it... but now that I have it, I`m happy with it. :3 Love visitors.

Back