• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can I edit patterns I received through a QR code?

Tuc

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4138-2167-1130
Winter Mittens
So if I scan a QR code, and then I want to make a minor change to suit my taste more, will I be able to do it?

No, you can't. You can't edit someone else's work.

Thank goodness too.

I was too. It really helps those who work hard on their patterns not get them stolen. Yeah, people could still use them and stuff, but at least you won't see them in those pattern shops being sold off as someone else's work while the original creator gets blind sided by it.

And yeah, I'll probably recreate my own, to change some colors of it, but i would much prefer to create my own pieces that are inspired from that work, instead of just recreation :D

Also you can't display QR patters in the able sisters

Quick question because we are talking about QR codes, how many QR codes can we have?

I'm probably going to save to capacity, but at least I can try to save the QR Codes on USB once I save them to the computer.

Am I the only one super disappointed about not being able to edit QR codes? :( Like the OP mentioned, sometimes I see a path or pattern that I really like, except for one detail, and I would really like to be able to edit it to suit my taste. I do get the whole stealing/taking credit though... but really, anyone could do that with the original QR code anyways :p Ah. Oh well!

I don't think there is any "original" QR code as the design could only be edited by the person who created it, not anyone else.

What about patterns you get through Dreams via the Dream Suite? Are they editable?

No; you can only edit patterns you have made yourself

I suppose you could load up the QR ode, copy the pattern down on paper/a paint program, open up the designer with the Mabel/in your options, and painstakingly copy every pixel over by hand. Not easy, but completely possible. =P

Can you take a screenhot while taking a look at a pattern you have with a QR code. I just want a path pattern to make a small park in a village, but in another color. I tought of that.

I just wish there was a way to share patterns with people in game instead of having to email or instant message them the qr code. Meeting people in other towns and not being able to share patterns kinda sucks. Not everyone I wifi with (complete strangers) I want to give my contact info to. I do understand why scanned patterns can't be edited though.

Which is why the dream code is awesome. You give people that code, and they can visit your town and take a pattern (or all of them, as been clarified and shown by Linandko) and there's no need to share any information like FC's and stuff

Which is why the dream code is awesome. You give people that code, and they can visit your town and take a pattern (or all of them, as been clarified and shown by Linandko) and there's no need to share any information like FC's and stuff

Of course, you can only take one code at a time so lots of visiting.

Honestly, I hope the US game actually doesn't have the QR Codes locked. Maybe it's just me, but I rarely ever saw people taking claim for patterns they didn't make and I often liked to tweak stuff or change the color of things. I'm not bad at spriting and have made patterns myself, but I've also found plenty of patterns that would be perfect if they were just a different color. And I'm sure nobody would like to be constantly asked to modify or change colors on their patterns for someone else. I've had friends who loved seeing what people did with their patterns and in different colors so it just seems a lot of that has been thrown away.

I also feel bad for people who make heavily themed towns and would display designs of that theme in the Able Sister's for their villagers to wear to add to it. Unless they can make them themselves, now they can't do that anymore and that really stinks :/

Considering all the restrictions with the scanned QR Codes, it feels like they killed a lot of the fun with sharing for ease of access :/

Also, just a note--if you make a design into a QR code, you can't edit it anymore either unless you kept a non-QR-code made copy.

Back