• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Can I edit patterns I received through a QR code?

I'm going to try to create as many of my own patterns as I can! You know, be a little bit original! That's the thing! :lemon:

Also, just a note--if you make a design into a QR code, you can't edit it anymore either unless you kept a non-QR-code made copy.
lol wut. Is that real ? Looks like a really dumb idea they had.

I'm pretty sure that only means that if you have the QR Code stored away and you get rid of the original pattern you made to make another pattern, you can't make and edit the patten you made if you scan the QR code to get it back.

Like, say I made a shirt with a kitty face on it. I eventually make a QR code of that shirt and save the QR code away somewhere for later use. After a while, I delete the kitty face patten that I had made in order to make room for a new pattern. If I wanted that patten again, and scanned the QR code to get it, the patten is now flagged by the game as a QR patten and unable to be edited. If I want to edit that pattern, and I have deleted the original, I would have to remake the pattern. Which makes sense if you think of it as NO QR codes can be edited regardless of who the creator was. As long as you have the original copy that you yourself made at the Able Sisters you can still edit the patten.

Unless I read what he said totally wrong and making a QR code of a patten somehow deletes the patten in your inventory, which I can't honestly ever see Nintendo doing. That WOULD be a stupid idea as most people aren't like me and wouldn't have all the designs they plan on making saved on their computer. There's no reason that you wouldn't have the original patten after you make a QR code of the pattern to share unless you deleted it yourself.

lol wut. Is that real ? Looks like a really dumb idea they had.

If what I understood correctly from someone, then yes. They made a pattern and turned it into a QR code and then were unable to do edits of it to make different colors of it (and didn't make a copy of it).

So Player A makes Pattern A. They turn it into a QR code. They go to make Pattern A into a different color now, but aren't allowed as they made it into a QR code.

If they made a copy first, they could edit the Non-QR-made copy, but obviously, not everyone thinks about that.

My guess for this is because the QR can't modify for the new design. Once it's scanned and made, the design is permanently set with that QR code so you can't modify it as it won't let you make it into a QR code again.

Officer Berri - I'm a girl. It doesn't delete it or anything, but unless you made a copy of it, you can't edit it *points to what she said above*

Many people do not keep original copies of patterns once they put it up due to the fact that you do have a limit of how many you can have. I have friends who have made hundreds of patterns and would switch out some for like holidays and things (Both to wear and display for their villagers). Obviously, unless they save how they did the pattern, they can't now :/ Which really stinks.

Oh well. That's a pretty stupid and awkward thing for Nintendo to do when you make a QR Code. But like I said, I have all the patterns I plan on making pre-made in MS Paint so it'll have no effect on me, at the very least.

Sorry I seem to have offended you by accidentally missing that my keyboard didn't acknowledging that I hit the 's' when I typed 'she'. *sigh* :(

Back