• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Catching Snowflakes

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
A9JK_nOCIAEBQYS.png:large

Source

This is... interesting..?

So, apparently sometimes when you're walking around town you will see a snowflake like this;
HNI_0049.JPG

which will make a twinkling sound as it falls, then you can catch it with your net

IMO, I think it will be used to give to Kaizo (the blua alpaca and make this furniture

Last edited:
That's a cute little feature to have :D
And I agree that it will probably be used for that furniture set.
We shall see

You give them to one of the snow people you build. (I think the mother) and they give you furniture for it.
I read this on Zeds llivestream so I can't give an exact source :/

Last edited:
I caught a few snowflakes yesterday and I tried to give it to Kazio, he couldn't accept it. So I think the Snowman must be who you give it to. I haven't had any snow lying on the ground yet to make a snowman to find out for sure.

They can be sold for 600 bells.
Unfortunately, they can't be put into storage or left in a room, so until you have a snowman, they take up room in your pockets.
Can't be attached to mail either.

Man, they have crammed so much new stuff to do and collect in this game! I love all of these little details. And that furniture set is beautiful! Like living in an ice palace. I can't wait to do all of these things!

so... will every snowflake be unique? ;)

but i like that feature really, it's a shame we can't store the snowflakes though...

Snowflakes also don't stack in the inventory.
I'm having a snowflake crisis and I'll probably have to get rid of some of them.

Isn't that Josh Thomas AC avatar? It's kind of weird, but... Me gusta! ;)
that's because it is him...

Snowflakes also don't stack in the inventory.
I'm having a snowflake crisis and I'll probably have to get rid of some of them.
sucks we can't store them, i'd love to display them

according to Sumwheat;

"You have to make Snowmom and give her 3~5 snowflakes and she will give you ice series furniture.
There are 4 types of snowman you can make, and its a family, Mom, Dad, Older bro, Baby (Depends on sizes, like dad is small head, big body)

And each do different stuff, Mom you give snowflakes to for ice series, Dad you play bingo with for Ski series, Older bro if you make right, get snowman series furniture in mail, and if you make all 4, you get snowman Russian nesting dolls in the mail."

http://ameblo.jp/ruby-rika/entry-11415858512.html

Last edited:
THAT is awesome! Chuckling at the big bodied, small headed dad, though. Poor thing!

"You have to make Snowmom and give her 3~5 snowflakes and she will give you ice series furniture.
There are 4 types of snowman you can make, and its a family, Mom, Dad, Older bro, Baby (Depends on sizes, like dad is small head, big body)

And each do different stuff, Mom you give snowflakes to for ice series, Dad you play bingo with for Ski series, Older bro if you make right, get snowman series furniture in mail, and if you make all 4, you get snowman Russian nesting dolls in the mail."

http://ameblo.jp/ruby-rika/entry-11415858512.html

Wow! They seriously expanded on the snowman goals! I love this game so much and I can't even play it. Things like multiple snow-people, and the other tasks they've added have really fixed one of the problems I've had with the middle AC games...not enough extra things to keep us busy. I love how they've added so much more to do, it will really make the village feel more "alive" and varied.

Oh, I see that the snowman with the top hat is the dad. That makes sense. I like how the snowmom has a tiny ball on top of her head to represent a hair bun.

Huh. Guess I have to make a Mule Character to store my snowflakes...

I built the mother snowman (HURRAY!) and can finally get rid of my snowflakes.
I found one of the special snowflakes just now when it wasn't snowing. I'm not sure if that's because I have the mother built or not.

How are they different, Mint? :) Are they a different color or something, or do you not know it's "special" until you catch it?

How are they different, Mint? :) Are they a different color or something, or do you not know it's "special" until you catch it?

HNI_0049.JPG

They're bigger than normal snowflakes. In the above picture, it's the bigger flake to the right of the character.
They also make a twinkling sound.

Back