• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Character Names?

I always name my main character Daisy. I usually only have one character, but if for some reason I want a male character, I'll name him Link and have him wear all the Hero's clothes. He'd also have a house where each room would resemble that of Link's rooms from each of the Zelda games. :)
I am going to do that Zelda thing now.

I like Caitlyn! I don't think it is boring at all. But I don't like to use Carole (my name), either. The game is more of an escape for me if I can escape even from my own name.

My name is pretty common and I hear it all the time, so that's why I feel it's boring. Also, like you, the game is a bit on an escape for me so I use a variation of my name. It still has that connection with my actual name, but it sounds and feels different enough to use.

I've always named my 'main' (male) character after myself; Lucien. I will probably do it again. My 'second' char, who will be a female, will probably get a fantasy-ish name... Dont know what, yet.

99% of the time, I go with my own name, Savanah. I haven't created a male character in years, so I'm not sure.
Henry? I like that one haha.

I'll just be using my real name (Justin) as always. Honestly, it's kind of odd to use a different name if you ask me.

I usually use my real name but I think I may just take 2 names from one of my favorite animes.

I'll just be using my real name (Justin) as always. Honestly, it's kind of odd to use a different name if you ask me.

Well, but it's not odd to have long blue hair and wear wild costumes on an average day? (grin) Well, for me it is in real life, anyway. It's fun to push the envelope and use my imagination in Animal Crossing.

Well, but it's not odd to have long blue hair and wear wild costumes on an average day? (grin) Well, for me it is in real life, anyway. It's fun to push the envelope and use my imagination in Animal Crossing.

I used to want my AC character to be like me but now I've learned its more fun to create something original and fun.

I feel kind of weird when I use my real name for my AC characters...no idea why. I usually just go with names I like. :D For New Leaf, I'm torn between naming my character Julia or Vivian. Both cute names I like a lot uwu

I will be using my real name. I like pretending that it is me in game, experiencing the magical paradise that is Animal Crossing. If I play a character who isn't me, it wouldn't feel right.

But everyone goes after the experience they want in the game and that is perfectly okay.

Well, Dreamer is a nickname I came up with years ago to use when I connected with friends. It just stuck after awhile and she's my main character now. So, naturally, I'll be making her again. :D I still have a character with my real name that resembles myself, but Dreamer is more of my "fantasy" character if that makes any sense. I dunno what I'll do with the other two people. Maybe use another nickname or my middle name.

Last edited:
I'll use my own name, Euan, for my the main character, then I may consider making a girl called Desu.

Well, if theres enough letters to call my town Wonderland, then my main character will probably be called Alice.
But if the 8 letter town name is still the limit, I'll stick with Sophie (my name) ;)

Some years back, I took a leisure learning Japanese course (basically a non credit course offered by a company that offers other non-credit classes in various genres) and the teacher gave me the name of Joji. Since then, I've used it for gaming ever since. I've used it since Wild World and plan to do the same in New Leaf.

Back