• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Clothing Queen (or King, lol) Game

Winona

wнιle тнe ocean вlooмѕ…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
Tasty Cake
If you're from Germany, you'll certainly know the tv series 'Shopping Queen'.
Every week, the show master announces a new topic and the participants have five hours and a budget of 500€ to buy an outfit that fits the motto. Afterwards, they will rate each other (and give an explanation why they like/ don't like the outfit).
I'm not sure if other countries have the same tv show?

I think that this is a lot of fun - so why shouldn't we do the same in New Leaf?
What do you think of that idea?

This is how it could work:
  • Every sunday evening, I will announce a new motto (e.g. 'you're the bride, dress for your wedding!' or 'dress up for a halloween-party')
  • You will dress up in-game (you are allowed to use all clothing items, hair styles AND qr-codes)
  • You will send me a picture of your outfit until friday evening of each week
  • I will upload all outfits
  • The participants must rate each other's outfit (except their own) from 1-10 (10 is best) and explane why they think so (from friday evening to sunday)
  • I will count up the points and calculate the mean value of each participant
  • I will announce the winner and give a new motto every sunday evening!
Would you like to take part in this competition?
When I get my hands on the game (which will be on June 14th), I could even give some price money to the winner or something like that. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I've seen that show a few times. Those girls can be so mean to eachother! And in all honesty I think that even when they like a person's outfit, they'll score them low just so they have better chances of winning themselves. I've noticed some of them do this, at least.

But I have a feeling this forum might be slightly more mature than that, and I think this could turn out to be a really fun contest. I'd probably join. :)

This post is a placeholder and will contain the links to the pages where we started each of the mottos in future, so that participants will easily find older entries and all of the outfits. :)

(could any mod please shift this post so that it's right under the first one, please? :))

Any japanese player or owners of the japanese game?
'Cause I'm not sure if we should at least wait until June 9th (which luckily is a sunday) or start right away? :)

Sounds brilliant, I would partake! Well once I get my wardrobe together, and my hair. lol that is going to take at least a month

Do you think that one game per week is too often? We could also do one game per month, if people think that one week is not enough time.

And would it be okay if the number of participants per game is limited to 10 or 15 persons? Because it would take too much time to rate more than 14 outfits within two days (saturday and sunday), I presume.

If people want to join, they could write "I'll join this round!" and the first then or 15 persons are in. What do you think of that?

Do you think that one game per week is too often? We could also do one game per month, if people think that one week is not enough time.

And would it be okay if the number of participants per game is limited to 10 or 15 persons? Because it would take too much time to rate more than 14 outfits within two days (saturday and sunday), I presume.

If people want to join, they could write "I'll join this round!" and the first then or 15 persons are in. What do you think of that?

This sounds awesome! I'll be there.... with Bells on! And that sounds good, I think.

If anyone of you wants to help organizing this game - please pm me! It would be awesome if someone with the japanese game helps me out, since he or she could possibly provide prizes until I get the game myself.

He or she will of course be able to decide about the future mottos. Moreover, he or she must watch the ratings (for example, if someone down-rates the outfits of others in order to win).

To sum it up, I need someone who helps me ensuring that this is a fair contest. :)

I clearly need to watch more German TV. :blush: I'm trying to learn the language, but I never have time to sit down and watch a stream. :/ The show sounds interesting.

I REALLY like this idea, though! I'd love to take part in it. :D

Back