• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Cop 9er mafia game! Please join! Starts right after we have enough players.

What are your preferred pronouns for the narrative part I’m writing?

• Total voters

b100ming

Training to become a pro Isabelle in smash
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
4349-5195-1023
Island
Pyrrhia
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Rainbow Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Clownfish Plush
Bee Plush
Dino Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Tasty Cake
People in the neighborhood are mysteriously disappearing! 9 citizens are left, and it’s up to them to find out who’s behind this sinister deed. If that weren’t bad enough, there are alien spacecrafts, giant animals, and more rampaging around town! And now, they’ve found evidence of two culprits masquerading around town!

1. Reserved for the mystery player! (Shh. It’s a secret.)
2. @Miss Misty
3. @BetsySundrop
4. @droqen
5. @Geoni
6. @Armadillo lover
7. @Sheep Villager
8. @tessa.
9. @Biancasbotique

Reps:
1. @Antonio
Game will start after we have enough players.

Rules:
Game Specifics & Rules:
  • This is a cop 9er, which has 1 mafia goon, 1 mafia roleblocker, 1 cop, and 6 town.
  • Days will be 48 hours. Nights will be 24 hours. End of day will be 2pm EDT. The thread will be locked during nights.
  • I will opt for a replacement over a modkill when possible, but please try to make an effort to remain active. If you can't, then please let me know so I can try to make arrangements. I define active as at least a few quality posts in the main thread per day phase and a vote per day phase. I'm not going to police exact post count minimums but I'll keep an eye to make sure that no one lags too far behind in their activity.
  • No cheating:
    1. Editing posts after posting them. If you make a spelling or grammatical error that you just cannot bear, you can EBWOP (edit by way of posting) to correct yourself.
    2. Posting after death. People who have been voted out or night killed can make one goodbye post in the thread to wish their team good luck, but it cannot give away any information.
    3. Additionally, please refrain from reacting to game posts (love, buzz, dig etc...) if you are not a living player in the game. Spectators and dead players may react to flavor posts and flavor posts alone if they so choose. Using reacts on actual game posts from players to try to breadcrumb information from outside the game is forbidden.
    4. Discussing the specific phrasing of role PMs or the times at which they were sent to try and work out who is on what team. You can obviously mention (or lie about) your role/alignment, but do not copy and paste (or pretend to copy and paste). Eg: "I am the cop" = okay. "My PM literally says 'You are the cop. Once per night you can choose a person to inspect their alignment' " = not okay.
    5. Signing up for the game using multiple accounts in order to rig the results in some way.
    6. Account sharing, screenpeeking, or any other stealthy method to learn another player's role.
    7. Discussing roles and alignments outside of this thread or the specific mafia chat with other players.
    8. Deliberately trying to get yourself modkilled. If you're genuinely not having a good time or think your team would be better off without you, please discuss it with me so I can find a replacement rather than ruin the game for everyone.
    9. Offering to pay people for in-game information in some way (TBT bells, in-game bells, other game currency, real life currency)
    10. Sharing game-sensitive information such as the names of mafia teammates or going against your team's wincon in any other way.
    11. Sharing PMs sent from the game host without permission. If a question or concern gets brought up that needs to be addressed in thread, the host will address it.
  • Remember that mafia is just a game. A game that revolves around deception, arguing, and poking holes in people's stories to find the truth, but a game nonetheless. Please remain civil at all times, remember this is a team game where every individual person is trying to advance their team's win condition, and that no one had any say in which team they were assigned to. Attack the plays, not the players. Under no circumstances are personal attacks against another player okay.
  • Spectator chat will use Quicktopic. Mafia chat will use whatever form of chat the mafia team is comfortable with.
  • Player alignment is revealed upon death.

Rules by miss misty

People who I’ve played with before:
@Koopadude100
@Damniel
@thetessagrace
@Sheep Villager
@Geoni
@mogyay
@Ace Marvel
@voltairenism
@BetsySundrop
@droqen
@Catharina

Last edited:
I may or may not join this. I know Dan had this setup earlier but cops with no mafia role blockers scare me as a person who would almost by default get inspected night 1 as mafia. So it's more personal and specific to me no need to change it.

This isn't directed at you specifically b100 but all recent hosts:

In these games that have specifically 2 members on the mafia team can we please go back to mafia having either a quick topic or discord server rather than DM at each other? Because I think host may need to be able to see how the partners are interacting should hostility between them arise but also because seeing mafia's discussion is both fun to read as a townie that participated and good for understanding how someone's mindset works as a wolf so meta can be looked at. Being able to read mafia chat post game is just... almost always a thing most places?

I may or may not join this. I know Dan had this setup earlier but cops with no mafia role blockers scare me as a person who would almost by default get inspected night 1 as mafia. So it's more personal and specific to me no need to change it.

This isn't directed at you specifically b100 but all recent hosts:

In these games that have specifically 2 members on the mafia team can we please go back to mafia having either a quick topic or discord server rather than DM at each other? Because I think host may need to be able to see how the partners are interacting should hostility between them arise but also because seeing mafia's discussion is both fun to read as a townie that participated and good for understanding how someone's mindset works as a wolf so meta can be looked at. Being able to read mafia chat post game is just... almost always a thing most places?
Ok. I will add a mafia roleblocker

Hey don't change it just for me! I will adapt or not join I'd never ask a host to change a setup just for me that would be really selfish! Just explaining why I hesitate personally. A lot of other people are the opposite and would hesitate with mountainous for example.

I just think I suck at rolesniping on night 1 in terms of confidence and am okayish nights 2 and 3.

I think if you want to put in a roleblocker anyways despite me telling you not to accommodate me you need to balance it further by giving town one more PR such as doctor. Your setup as it stood works just as fine as well.

If you're worried about no sign ups yet it's probably because you put them up when another game is still going. Probably best in the current climate to wait about a week after the last game ends, get people to refresh, and then put signups up.

Last edited:
I wanna join cause I have an idea who the mystery signup might be and it'd be fun to play with them again but I still feel bad for making you feel any type of pressure as a host to change the setup just for me, was just explaining why I hadn't signed up. 😭

I wanna join cause I have an idea who the mystery signup might be and it'd be fun to play with them again but I still feel bad for making you feel any type of pressure as a host to change the setup just for me, was just explaining why I hadn't signed up. 😭
No it was a good idea. I didn’t think of the roleblocker until you said that
Post automatically merged:

I wanna join cause I have an idea who the mystery signup might be
If you are guessing armadillo, no, I have not been able to convince her to join any games lately, but I know the special guest would love to play with her.

I think I would maybe like to try this, but I don't know anything about the roles, so I'd have to look up how to play those. When are you starting the game?

Keeping an eye on these sign-ups.
I'm not comfortable joining quite yet as I want to be absolutely sure I've recovered before I join so I don't have to rep out d1.

Feel free to ping me if you're missing one more player and I haven't said anything by then.

When do you plan to have EOD? I forgot to ask but that always factors in for me when it comes to games I can play due to EU timezones.

Keeping an eye on these sign-ups.
I'm not comfortable joining quite yet as I want to be absolutely sure I've recovered before I join so I don't have to rep out d1.

Feel free to ping me if you're missing one more player and I haven't said anything by then.

When do you plan to have EOD? I forgot to ask but that always factors in for me when it comes to games I can play due to EU timezones.
3 or 3:30pm est

Three more and I’m hoping to start on Monday or Tuesday, depending on when the package arrives.

@Damniel what do you use for roles? I’m thinking of using wheel of names and the first two selected are mafia, and the third is cop. What do you use?

Three more and I’m hoping to start on Monday or Tuesday, depending on when the package arrives.

@Damniel what do you use for roles? I’m thinking of using wheel of names and the first two selected are mafia, and the third is cop. What do you use?
i coded a program to spit out a random name, assign them said power role, and then take the name off the list. a wheel is fine too as long as it’s random

Back