• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Countdown to Animal Crossing New Horizons: 3 Months

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Can you believe it? It’s three months away from ACNH’s release. I do a blog entry every month to keep track of how close we are to ACNH’s release. Now we have a full quarter left until its release (which counts for the entire winter coming up).

As of last summer, I have retired my 3DS, as I have moved on from the 3DS era. The last I did was play ACHHD to get pictures of Andrea as a memory of my experience on the 3DS. But now, the 3DS is back from the dead, but for a few reasons. They are Pokémon Ultra Sun, Pokémon Ultra Moon, and Ocarina of Time.

Why not ACNL or ACHHD? Here’s a reason why I’m playing Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, but not Animal Crossing New Leaf or Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, which is also an extension of the reason why I chose not to participate in last week’s events in the Red Balloon World Tour. It’s because I’m done with ACNL. It’s not just ACNH and the fact that it’s coming out. There’s nothing left for me to do in ACNL after preparing the perfect dream town. I was even done as of September 2017, but I had to play again just for the 5 years of New Leaf event in November of 2017. After that, I didn’t feel like playing ACNL anymore. I would even skip events that require playing ACNL, especially with ACNH coming out within less than a year. ACHHD, I finally outgrew and lost interest in it. It was worth playing it to change projects into something else, but I have ultimately settled on the California theme.

Now if you want to know why I would play Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon when I wouldn’t for ACNL? There are several reasons why. First of all, not all Pokémon are available in Sword and Shield. While I’m glad that they have Eevee, Vulpix, Oddish, Cutiefly, and Popplio (yes, Popplio is in the data, you just need Pokémon HOME to get him), some that were not included were Dewgong, Hoppip, Pikipek, Rockruff, and Minior. I plan on making 36 competitive Pokémon for Pokémon HOME (6 of them being absent from Sword and Shield, 24 being available in both games, and 6 of them being 8th gen Pokémon). Another reason is that Pokémon HOME is coming out, and I would need to play Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to not just get the Pokémon unobtainable in Sword and Shield, but also Pokémon with hidden abilities. I find it very difficult to get Pokémon with hidden abilities in Sword and Shield, but not in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Moreover, the Pokémon in the data that can’t be obtained in Sword and Shield alone include the other two Kantonian starters, the three Alolan starters, Alolan forms of Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, and Raichu, select mythical Pokémon like Marshadow and Mew, and a handful of legendary Pokémon such as the mascot legendary Pokémon for Unova and the mascot legendary Pokémon for Alola. I have to prepare for Pokémon HOME by playing the older games again. Finally, Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is more fun when it comes to missions than Sword and Shield. Other than the fact that I liked trials over gyms and the Rainbow Rocket segment over Sword/Shield’s postgame story, Sword and Shield doesn’t have the Elite Four, a spot for catching other legendary Pokémon, an amenity like Festival Plaza or Poké Pelago, collectibles, Mantine Surfing, or Battle Royale. Basically, the postgame of Sword/Shield is almost empty. Besides, the plot and region were better in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. If anything, Sword and Shield at least has easier and quicker ways to raise Pokémon.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon isn’t the only game I would play when going back to the 3DS. It’s been a while since I played Ocarina of Time, and the only platform I have that I can play it on is the 3DS. It’s currently downloaded to my new 3DS XL (which I conveniently had since 2017).

By the time I play ACNH, ACNL is finally over for me. I was done with ACWW the minute I started playing ACNL. I should’ve even be done in 2015, but the Welcome amiibo update got me back into playing it, but only for a year. Now, even events aren’t a driving factor to participation. It’s like multiplying by 0. If one 0 enters a multiplicative expression, the whole thing is 0.

Back