• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Countdown to Animal Crossing New Horizons: 5 Months

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Today is the 5-month mark for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. In 5 months, we will finally get our new Animal Crossing game.

Judging by what we know from the last announcement, the game sounds more like a deserted island life than building your town from ground up. It gives us new activities to do that we never have done in Animal Crossing: New Leaf and before, such as NookPhone activities, pole vaulting, and crafting. It’s also more realistic than the previous games. If New Leaf kicked City Folk to the curb in the concept of realism, then imagine how far New Horizons will do to New Leaf.

Now what should I talk about this month? One thing I can talk about is my current experience with the Switch Lite. If ACNH doesn’t have cloud saves, and if my Switch Lite can share a Nintendo account as the regular Switch I got since launch, I may have two islands linked to one account. But if the game is not about building a new town like New Leaf is, I may just stick to one island, and I’ll make that on my Switch Lite.

Another thing to talk about is how I would play the game early on. While others work on their towns or islands to see them grow and flourish, I will be making more Bells and work on selling them on this site to help others acquire more in-game Bells while I get more TBT Bells (which is what I like about this site). I may not be as artistic as others, which makes me feel average or inferior, but one thing I am good at is making Bells, even if they nerf the system. My only caveat is time traveling. If they remove time traveling, I will have a much harder time making Bells. I may not utilize it to rush through days this time, but I do use it to find a perfect opportunity to catch fish and bugs. Once I have enough TBT Bells, I’ll probably catch up and do the artistic part of the game.

So far, my experience on the Switch Lite is great. I feel that it will be the 3DS’s replacement as the other model is the Wii U’s replacement. While the Wii U was a failure so bad that this commercial failure is to Nintendo as the RRod and PSN Outage are to Nintendo’s competitors, the 3DS had a good run. Unfortunately, it didn’t do as well as the previous handhelds. Part of the reason is that smartphones are fulfilling many peoples’ gaming needs (I included since RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 got an iOS port that works better than the original PC version). It could also be the library that is to blame for the 3DS being less successful. Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, NSMB 2, and Metroid Prime: Federation Force were considered the worst of their respective series, Happy Home Designer sold very poorly outside of Japan, and most of the Zelda games for the 3DS are remakes. Even the Pokémon games for the 3DS aren’t well received, due to the scaled back difficulty, objective markers, putting type effectiveness in move information, and the new gimmicks that don’t benefit the gameplay as well. But the Switch is a huge success, and I feel that both models will replace the original models.

That’s all for this month. Check by next month to see the next news for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Back