• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Creating a video game! (Criticism/thoughts are appreciated ºωº)

Sgt.Groove

Annona, Rollinia, Asimina, Duguetia. Look em' up!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Turnip
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Hey everyone, so I haven't been very active lately because I've been working on something... a video game :3

It's more of a concept really with some graphics attached to it but allot of planning has gone into this and a little bit of graphical development as well.

Heres the concept - You are a ship captain travelling the solar systems for research so humanity can continue terraforming and moving to new planets. Your job on these planets is to catalog the flora and fauna (if any) and report it to the leading faction (The Androids, which are the rulers of the solar systems) for processing. Of course many of these planets contain hostile life and many dangers (poisonous plants, deadly creatures, diseases, etc.) and because of this you have to constantly be aware that these places are not safe no matter where you are. There are however places where humans have already settled, whole planets will represent different cultures and races in society, each with fauna and flora related to the areas they represent. There will also be relays where people gather to trade goods and hold important meetings. The game will be a survival 2d platformer (and no, not like terraria or minecraft, this won't be a blatant rip-off off block based games, mainly because this game isn't block/cube based) with a mood similar to Hyper Light Drifter and No Mans Sky, the feeling that the world is vast and dangerous and yet eerily beautiful. You as a player can recruit new members or be a lone traveler, it's all up to you.

(Man, Im bad at making pitches aren't I?)

But yeah, there's only 2 test spritesheets done atm and more won't be created for a long while, if anybody wants to know more just make a post. To be honest idk if this will ever leave concept limbo, I simply dont have the time to make a game like this, only to build the concepts and plan what the worlds are like and all of that sort of stuff. (Which I have done, the general layout of everything has been made, there just isn't time to really make this a reality atm)

Back