Pokémon How do you decide which game version to buy?

How do you decide which version of the game to buy?
It's just whichever one I vibe with more, typically determined by the legendary on the box art.

Do you buy one or both versions of the game?
For the most part, I have and will continue to only buy one version of the game. The lone exception to this was my first generation with Ruby and Sapphire, where I ended up getting Sapphire a few months after Ruby, though I can't really remember why I got Sapphire, lol, maybe just due to the version exclusives. But otherwise, I just feel it's unnecessary to buy more than one version, since the story doesn't change enough to warrant buying both, plus it's a lot easier to get any version exclusives these days.

Did you buy third versions of any games? Or only third versions? How do you feel about Nintendo dropping this concept?
The lone third version I bought was Crystal from the 3DS Virtual Console, since it made more sense to buy it than Gold/Silver. I'm fine with third versions no longer being a thing, since these days it honestly wouldn't make any sense to buy either of the initial two versions if I knew there would be a third, more "complete" version coming at a later date. I think the way it's handled these days (just the two versions + DLC) is acceptable, since buying the DLC is optional but provides more new content than the third versions ever did imo.

Back