• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Creative Ramblings #5: "The Follower"

Rasumii

90% Me|10% Other
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Blue Candy
Orange Mote of Flame
Green Fair Pinwheel
The Follower

I think it’s about time I say something because this charade has gone on long enough. Why are you following me? Back I say, back! I see you all the time; don’t think you’re sneaky because you aren’t. Mute beast, why do you follow me? Is there anything I can do to make you go away? Every step I take, you take. Every motion I make, you make. Every little thing I do, you do. But every word I say, silence follows. What if I bribe you, is that what you want? Here’s a twenty, go nuts.

Still here I see. You know what, take it all. All the money I have, take it. You’re so patronizing, can’t you see I just want to be alone?

You’re persistent. What if I don’t shower, would you still want to be near me? I know I wouldn’t. What if I go to jail, would you still follow me? If it were you, I’d be long gone.

You can clearly see I don’t want you around, and yet you stay. I’ve given you all these reasons, even tried to bribe you, and yet you stay. You know what? I guess you can stay. I know you’ll always be beside me because you’ve stuck with me all these years, for better and for worse. It’ll be hard having a mute friend but being mute must be hard. I’ll always be here for you, too. I’m glad we finally worked this out together, and thanks for being near me all these years.

Half past 11:00 already? I should really go to bed; I have a big day tomorrow. Don’t worry, I’ll get the lights.

Hey, where’d you go?

Back