Why did you pick your name?

I was a huge Potterhead back when I joined, so... here we are. I've debated changing it to something similar to the username I have pretty much everywhere else, but I like having something different for once.

Wild World is my favourite Animal Crossing game and cornimer was a very memorable character from that game for me! Acorn Fest was probably my favourite Wild World event, I looked forward to it a lot every year.

Iris is not my real name (surprise!) just one I'm very fond for some reason, I really like using in many websites even named one of my cats ^^
Besides animal crossing and others websites/forums I don't use everywhere, in some seriuos irl stuff I use my actual name and in videogames I prefer to make new characters and name them different 🤔

It's just my name, though there's a three character limit, so I couldn't just use SJ!

My actual name is Holly so Holla is quite close. Holla is actually a nickname kids called me at the end of Elementary school. It pretty much died off in high school though as my Elementary school was tiny so we only made up a tiny portion of the local high school.

I stopped using my real name when it came to gaming so I’ve just continued to use Holla in gaming and online pretty much ever since.

I chose my current name, Zerous, because I like names beginning with Z. I wanted something different to the names I use on other sites, so I was just combining sounds until I found something I liked.
I was actually going to go with Zera which I do use a lot as an online alias, but I was scared it was too close to Xara and it would either seem like I was trying to copy or just be confusing LMAO

It's a nickname I had for years, I wanted to write my real name on a forum but it was already taken, so it's a variation

Xara is my actual name! For privacy reasons (which is ironic considering I'm a chronic oversharer 😪), I've thought about creating an online alias for myself or changing my name to something that reflects my interests like I used to do in the past, but there's honestly no name I want to go by other than my own name! No other name or alias feels like me.

Besides, I get tired of things so easily that I'd probably get sick of any other name I come up with within a month LOL. Sticking to my actual name saves my tbt wallet from shambles. 🙏🏻

thought process:

Pick 2 random words that sound cool in my head

"Sky" "Knight". Does it pass that in my internal checklist?

"hell yeah it does".

That is the majority of my online usernames.

Sometimes I do wish I had more creativity. There are names that I really admire here and feel like I could take inspiration from.

What is the reason behind choosing the name you did? Is it your real name or something that is special to you?

I picked Roxxy as I have been all variations of Roxy/Roxie in every animal crossing game so when I joined the forum it seemed natural to use it. I don’t use my real name online. Originally I had to be Roxy_10 then I got my seashells for a username change. Very lucky that someone name changed and Roxxy was available. Can’t see myself changing ever as it feels very me 💜
I’m a big fan of this old kinda ****ty capcom game called dead rising and I’ve covered wars ya know is said by the protagonist

My name is an online alias that I've been going by for a while now, because it was either that, my outdated roblox username or live_laugh_toaster_bath. If I make up my mind about what I prefer later I might change it, but indecisiveness says maybe not \ ( ' - ' ) /

i think there was a thread like this a while back, not recently tho so I like answering it again for those who weren't aware cx

there's a thing on tumblr where people would hoard canon pokemon usernames cuz it was cool. as a young teen on tumblr i wanted to be cool so i searched up every pokemon name but majority were taken. i then thought what if i make a very slight iteration of a canon pokemon name? there skarmoury was born. it's like how some words have a 'u' in them depending on the language (armor = armour). btw skarmory isnt in my top favorites at all, like maybe in top 30 at best. just chose a random pokemon name LOL

i tried rebranding a few times but the nickname skar stuck to me so much that that was it. :] dont think i can see myself being called anything else online lmao

btw very minor but i always liked being called skar with a small first letter. idk Skar doesnt have the same vibes as skar yknow. just a minor thing w capitalization but it's not a big deal KJHKJDKD

I’ve had the same username here since I signed up in 2014. I wanted to pick something completely different from all my other online usernames so this could be a totally separate anonymous space for me.

Since it’s an AC forum, I blended my three favorite villager species: sheep, anteaters, and dogs. I played with iterations of the three words until I found something that felt pronounce-able and easy to type.

When I first had internet access in the early 2010s, one of the first things I heard on youtube were those AOL sounds and I really liked the sound of "You've got mail!" I also remember seeing a similar username on roblox in 2013 so when i made my account here, i decided on this name! I've considered changing it a few times but I've kept it cause it's silly, catchy and recognizable!

My original username from when I joined in 2014 used my favorite Pokemon and was also a name I had been using since 2008.
In 2020, I changed it to Seastar which I had originally made for an OC but it quickly turned into my own name. It's pretty fitting because I love stars and was trying to make up a Splatoon name.

It’s just my name with an underscore lol Rio without an underscore is taken 🥲

My original username on here was Makoto, after my favourite Sailor Scout. But eventually I decided I wanted my username to be the same as my AC in-game name (my real name) and here we are!

(I had so much fun reading through this thread; it’s like I’m discovering deep TBT lore 😆)

when i was younger i was really obsessed with the anime kirarin revolution and it still held a pretty special place in my heart as i got more into anime

later learned that kira kira meant shining/sparkling in japanese which worked out for me because my chinese name has two characters that mean bright and shining ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و ♡
i also learnt the word for child in japanese was kodomo so when i needed a name online, i just combined kira and ko to form kirako ;v;

when i don't use just kirako as a username, i'll either use himekirako or kirakochan ദ്ദി(。•̀ ,<)~✩‧₊

Back