• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 408 - A Badge for My Bells

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Rather eventful day in Storrs, so I figured I'd go ahead and make a post rather than combine today's events with tomorrow's. I'll cover a few things that happened last night first. I got the Robo-Lamp I ordered and gave it to Chief. He thanked me with a Mahjong Table, which I hadn't had in my catalog before. I was also able to visit another town and get signatures for Colton's petition. He was thankful for my help and gave me a Cabin Couch, which was also new to my catalog. After selling some of my items, my bank balance topped 10 million bells for the first time!

Now onto today. As soon as I stepped out of my house, Whitney came running over to me. She asked me if I believe in UFOs, and I told her no way. I spoke to her again since I was happy she was out and about today, and she thanked me for taking such good care of her with a Classic Desk that I didn't have in my catalog.

View attachment 235177

As you can see, Phineas was in town today! Just waiting for me. I wanted to get my clothes changed first since I was still in my raincoat, so I ran inside to do that and hoped he would still be outside. After I came back out he'd run a little way's off, but it didn't take me long to find him. He gave me the silver bell saver badge for saving 10 million bells. Awesome. :D

View attachment 235178

Then I could finally check my mail. I had a letter from the post office, thanking me for my patronage and rewarding me for the new milestone I reached with my savings. It was a Post Office Poster which was very cute and looks nice in my Polka Dot/Harvest room downstairs.

Setting off on my daily patrol of the town, I noticed there was a tent set up at the campsite. I was very much hoping it would be someone I would want to invite to town, but as usual such was not the case. It was Bertha the hippo, who was actually really sweet. We chatted for a bit before I left her to continue her exploration of our supposedly "lovely town."

My breeding cosmos had given me a new sun cosmos today, which normally I couldn't care two licks about. However, I needed one for in front of Colton's house, so there is exactly where I put it. It's all perfect now. Colton was also home, so I stopped in to see what he was up to today. He told me all about how he used to be in a band when he was a kid, but they disbanded after they went mainstream and lost interest. He said that's what happens when you sacrifice music for the "image." He also noticed the Classic Desk I was carrying and offered to trade for a reading of his stethoscope poem. I was seriously all into that deal, but he said it wasn't finished yet and offered me his Red-Check Tee instead. I agreed, since I figured the Classic Desk would actually look pretty good in his house. Also, Colton has the most adorable skeptical face.

View attachment 235179

After I gave it to him I decided to see if he wanted to set it out, so I walked outside and back in. He did indeed display it, in favor of his Cello, and I had to say it looked very nice. He also informed me that Gulliver was on the beach, so I made a mental note to check up on him and bade Colton farewell.

I found Buck out by his house and he asked me to get him a fruit. I jogged the few steps over to Wart Jr. memorial mango trees and shook one down for him. While telling him I had something for him, Chief came running over to me. I stopped talking to Buck for a moment to see what he wanted. He just wanted to give me his Deep Blue Tank, which I didn't have in my catalog and was very thankful for. Back to Buck, I gave him his mango and he thanked me with a Denim Jacket. I also noticed that Buck was wearing the 2013 Husky design, officially the first in town to do so!

View attachment 235180

Definitely an improvement from the Blue Tartan Shirt he was wearing. *shudder*

Didn't encounter much else along my walk until I came to the end and noticed that Fang was home. I popped in to say hello and noticed he put a shirt out in favor of one of the plants behind his bed. Again. I'm not going to bother sending him another plant this time. Besides that, Fang didn't have much to say himself, so I said goodbye and went on about my day.

After selling my discoveries and doing my routine shopping, I realized that there were several friends I didn't encounter today. So I went back over to the Queen's village to see if I could find Lolly, Deirdre, or Felicity around their houses. Deirdre was outside of hers and told me she had a package addressed to Felicity. I told her I was just on my way to find her and took the package with me. I eventually found Felicity in the Zen Park and she came running up to me first. She asked me if it was true that the Sea Horse was popular, and I told her it was and agreed to catch her one as such. After that, I got to give her the package. It turned out to be a pawn that she sold to me after having already ordered another one.

So I ran home, grabbed my fishing rod, and went on down to the beach to catch Felicity her fish. While pacing the shore, I ran into Gulliver. I had completely forgotten Colton told me he was here. Gulliver told me he was going to a country where there were legendary geoglyphs and alpacas.

View attachment 235181

Um...
Despite the suspicions that arose, I took a wild guess that Gulliver was going to Argentina. He said that was wrong, so I guess I'm getting another chocolate coin this time. :( I knew I should have said Peru.

It wasn't long before I spotted a little shadow in the waves and I caught a sea horse. I ran it up to Felicity and found her chatting with Deirdre on the cobblestone bridge. Felicity was asking Deirdre for the secret to staying up late and, being someone whose routine bedtime is 10pm, I was also very interested in finding out.

View attachment 235182

I guess we're still going to bed early, Felicity.
Felicity went on to say how she thought that idea was foolish, which started to anger Deirdre before they politely went about their ways. While this conversation was transpiring, Whitney had pinged and started running towards me, but I guess she couldn't quite reach me because she started walking off without giving me any time to see what she wanted. I gave Felicity the sea horse and she rewarded me with a Cherry Tee.

I spoke to Whitney to apologize for not doing so a moment ago, and all she had to tell me was to be cautious out in the sun, but that she was "equipped with an arsenal of skin products" to combat this. After that, it seemed she was a little unsure of this herself.

View attachment 235183

I just thought that sounded a little counterintuitive. :p

And that wraps up today in my town! I'll be back tomorrow unless nothing much happens, then I'll just post it the next day when I have more updates to share.

Attachments

• HNI_0028.JPG
    HNI_0028.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0031.JPG
    HNI_0031.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0036.JPG
    HNI_0036.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0045.JPG
    HNI_0045.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0058.JPG
    HNI_0058.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0063.JPG
    HNI_0063.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0067.JPG
    HNI_0067.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 17
Wow, congratulations on the Bells! I've never had a million in my possession, haha. I'm waiting until I pay off my loan before I do that. Just the basement is left! ;)

Colton is such a gentleman... or, should I say, gentlehorse!

Back