• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 409 - Gloomy Day Slumps

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Not much happened in Storrs today, probably on account of the weather. It was gloomy outside and that seemed to be keeping all of my villagers quiet. I threw on a coat to counteract the chill and began my day.

Whitney was outside and wanted me to pay her a visit after noon. I wasn't planning on sticking around for that long so I had to decline her offer. Becky pinged by the brick bridge and said she wanted to start calling me Bethers like everyone else in town. Since she'll be leaving soon and I won't have to hear it from her much, I told her that was okay. One less person calling me Lil B is always good.

By this point, Buck had walked over and I talked to him. He asked me to catch him an ocean fish, and I told him I would definitely do that later. Anything for my best friend. Next door, Chief was home. I went inside and found him relaxing adorably on his couch. The Robo-Lamp I got for him looks fabulous as well.

View attachment 235187

He didn't have much to share with me but idle chitchat, so I soon saw myself out and went on about my business.

Lolly was home and I was reminded yet again of how much her home needs work. She wanted to replace her yellow butterfly, which I thought was a great start. I agreed to find her something to set on her blue table and hoped T&T would have something nice for sale later.

Towards the end of my walk I found Colton outside of Re-Tail. He has this knack for saying exactly what's on my mind.

View attachment 235188

He didn't have much of interest to say, either.

Just nearby, Fang was spending the morning in his house too. And he finally gave me something to do. He'd ordered something for Lolly but was too busy to deliver it, and I was all too eager to do it for him. I ran it straight over to Lolly, and her present turned out to be a Five-Ball Tee that she changed into straight away. I had to admit, it looked very cute on her.

View attachment 235189

Orange is such a great color on her. :)
(Obscured pic because Lolly's house is so cramped!)

She thanked me with a Rainbow Tank and I left to tell Fang the delivery was a success. He seemed happy that she liked it enough to put it on right away.

After taking my fossils to Blathers and selling my findings to Reese, I thought I would grab my fishing rod and head to the beach before I got distracted by shopping. It wasn't long before I caught a Horse Mackerel, the perfect fish for Buck. I only had to run all over town to find him. I eventually did over by the Queen's castle, quite an unusual spot for him to be. Regardless, I gave him the fish and he rewarded me with a Gray Tartan Shirt for my efforts.

The shops didn't have a single thing for me today, but I ordered a Revolving Spice Rack for Lolly. I thought that would look cute on her table. It's small, but still goes along with her kitchen theme. I also ordered a Blue Dresser I plan on mailing to her, since I think she needs at least another blue item to match the table I got for her birthday.

On my way back to town, Whitney came running up to me from behind Buck's house. She wanted to trade her Baby Bear for my Gray Tartan Shirt. I was glad to know that Whitney was still hanging onto her bear despite wanting to take it out of her room. I couldn't bear to have her part with it, so I declined. The Gray Tartan Shirt is hideous anyway; Whitney doesn't need anything like that.

And that does it for the most riveting parts of this mediocre day. Here's hoping the weather improves and gets my villagers to feeling a little more active!

Attachments

• HNI_0071.JPG
    HNI_0071.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0073.JPG
    HNI_0073.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0076.JPG
    HNI_0076.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 14
Back