• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 504 - A Soundproof Basement

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello again from Storrs! Today was awfully calm compared to the last few days since all that needs to be done to my house now is wait to come across the items that I still need, so it should be a relatively short blog post. Here we go. :)

Last night, I got to enjoy a few minutes of the firework show. I also noticed that my tree has gotten significantly bigger than when I last looked at it... I wonder how long it's been this big.

View attachment 236150

I don't even know what kind of developments cause it to grow. The only recent developments I can recall are the expansion of Lily's house and my HHA score...would that do it?

Anyway, today was slightly overcast, with a sky that promised rain. Cyrano had a package that was addressed to Fang and I agreed to make the delivery, though Fang was immediately nearby. I handed it over, and it just so turned out to be a gift he had ordered for me! I opened the box to reveal a Dawn Tee I didn't necessarily want, but was thankful for nonetheless.

I found Melba at home and she wanted to trade her Star Tee for my Blue Chair. I knew it would mess up her house, but I couldn't turn her down. At least she had a Blue Bookcase that it would match, but I'd been meaning to get that out of her house with the next possible opportunity. :p

After that visit, I found our newest neighbor out and about, exploring the town for the first time. ^^

View attachment 236151

She seemed to be enjoying herself today, especially after it started raining.

I came across a wandering Sahara outside of Felicity's house and decided to patronize her in hopes of getting an exclusive. I didn't, unfortunately, and later sold off what I had gotten.

View attachment 236152

I resumed my walk through town where I left off, digging up any fossils and watering any wilted flowers along the way. After that was done, I stopped by the Town Hall, had Isabelle commission the demolition of our Hot Spring, and reenact the Beautiful Town Ordinance. The chances of getting any lucky clovers this way were slim to none, so what's the reason of having another ordinance any longer? My pretty flowers are most important. :p

The rest of the day went ordinarily; watering my breeding flowers and checking out the shops. I purchased a Zen Mailbox from Nook, so tomorrow I'll be one step closer to having my house back. Speaking of that, here's one of my favorite rooms I situated back in my basement just how it was before I started the theme challenge.

View attachment 236153

After I took a few pictures I got a little distracted by something and when I looked back, Chief had knocked on my door and apparently had been left waiting for some time.

View attachment 236154

Oops! D: Well, at least I have proof that they eventually leave, since I was wondering that just a few days ago. I felt awfully bad though, so I made sure to write Chief a letter apologizing and saying I was in my basement and didn't hear the knock. Solid enough reason, right?

While I was at it, I got to thinking that I hadn't exactly been the best friend lately, what with spending so much time to myself working on my house and consistently denying my friends items that wouldn't look good in their houses. Buck and Whitney particularly came to mind, so I made sure to write them letters apologizing for being so busy and promising that we'll get together soon. I hope they'll forgive me!

That's all I have to report for today. We'll see who writes me back tomorrow. :rolleyes: And hopefully I'll have some more completed rooms to share with you soon. See you next time!

Attachments

• HNI_0088.JPG
    HNI_0088.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 378
  • HNI_0096.JPG
    HNI_0096.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0099.JPG
    HNI_0099.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0005.JPG
    HNI_0005.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0006.JPG
    HNI_0006.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
I think your tree is at maximum size. It gets that way when you've played for 500 days and 500 hours. :)

Back