Do you see much wildlife while driving?

The past 3 nights, I’ve driven in the same pretty wooded area late at night, and until now I haven’t really had a reason to be in that area at that time much. Each night there was some kind of wildlife that I had to stop for at least once, and luckily I was expecting them so I was going slow and stopped no problem, but it’s amazing cuz I feel like it’s rare enough for me to see wildlife while driving even tho this isn’t that far from where I live. I guess the time of night is the piece that was different. There’s been lots of deer, 2 opossums, and a fox (or a stray orange cat, it was running pretty fast). It can be pretty nerve wracking, cuz even if they’re not in the street it’s so hard to know if they’ll just decide to dart out in front of you.

Do you end up seeing much wildlife when you drive?
If I am working late, there is one stretch of road near my house where there are a heap of kangaroos and rabbits. I love them both and it always gives me a thrill to see them. They hide during the day :)

I see a lot of hawks, herons and storks. That's about it!
That is still cool, though! :)
Post automatically merged:

I don't drive, so no. And when I take the train it's normally into Tokyo so I don't see too much nature.

But I have a park nearby that has baby swans every year! They're pretty big now though.
Baby swans are adorable! My son has just moved to Tokyo, he left on Tuesday. So I am guessing there isn't a lot of wildlife spotting in his future either? He and I used to go wildlife spotting on dusk, just for a fun thing to do, pretty often.

During a city drive, there's only just cats, dogs, and the usual birds. I see more local wildlife walking around my block at home than when I drive. I see cranes, crows/ravens, sparrows, pigeons, ducks, geese, chickens, bats, butterflies, spiders, rats, leeches, snails, occasional hummingbird.

I see a lot of animals but not many wildlife while driving. There is a forest near my house and sometimes I see birds or small mammals there.

I hear and see more of them outside my window but when I do drive, it'll be squirrels, rats, rabbits (them trying to scurry across the road). Then I can see hawks, falcons, some kind of vulture, ravens, the tiny bird types, herons, ducks flying in the sky. Sometimes I'll see a lone coyote walking around.

When I was driving home at night, I saw a barn owl fly over my car and it absolutely scared the hell outta me. It looked like a ghost.

I see a lot of birds. Squirrels are also pretty common to see. Aside from that, occasionally I might see a deer, chipmunk, skunk, raccoon, turtle, or such

I see a good amount of wildlife on drives. There's a lot of deer crossings on the outskirts my town and the deer often come in groups of two or more. Occasionally I even see deer in the town itself. It's also not unusual for me to see birds either.

Wow, kangaroos! Can definitely say that’s not one I ever see in the wild lol
lol, you don't have to guess too hard to figure out where I live, hey?

I find it interesting what kind of animals other people see regularly though, adds to the fun. I follow a Canadian rescue organisation and it fascinates me what kind of wildlife they have coming through. My plan is to go and visit, one day!

I see birds, deers, squirrels, rabbits, and geese the most. If I’m at the beach I’ll see seagulls, dolphins, and lots of pigeons.

Back