• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 385-397 - Playing Catchup

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
HI, FRIENDS! I am back from my vacation, so Life in Storrs can be resumed. :D I missed blogging -- and even playing thoroughly -- while I was gone, but there were plenty of other blogs to keep me entertained, so great work you guys! I'm excited to rejoin you in the blogging world with several significant developments in my town.

One of the first things that went down was my visit with Buck. He was home one day, and I noticed that he'd replaced the Foosball Table I gave him for his birthday with a lame Ball Return. ): I didn't notice it in Re-Tail or anything, so he must still have it. That makes me feel a little better, at least.

Another day, T&T was selling a Polka-Dot Dresser! This was the first Polka-Dot item I didn't have for sale in AGES. Needless to say, I bought it straight up and held it aside until I could find an amethyst to refurbish it with. A couple of days later, I did, so I placed it in my polka-dot/harvest room in the basement. :) Now I just need the Polka-Dot Table!

Several days later, I got a ping from Mitzi on the Brick Bridge. She wanted to move. I agreed to let her, since I honestly never really got all that attached to her. She always just felt like an inferior Lolly. Anyhow, I cherished the friendship we developed over her time in Storrs. After about a week had passed, her moving day arrived.

View attachment 235107

Take care, my friend. <3

In other news, Deirdre's birthday came around and I missed it. D: It was alright, I suppose, since I had neglected to buy her a present in my hasty playthroughs each day. I ordered her a Modern Wood Stool and sent it to her via a very sorrowful letter, which she seemed to appreciate.

I noticed Fang had put his Icy Sweater up for sale at Re-Tail. I might send it back to him later, but I finally got him to put a second plant behind his bed, and I don't want to chance him messing it up again. Especially with an item I won't want him to replace.

View attachment 235108

Felicity suggested yet another illuminated PWP -- the clock. Not interested, but I admire the team effort. Get on it, Deirdre...

Later that same day, the island FINALLY had some hibiscus starts!! Red ones. And, of course, I was out of medals. So I went on a few tours and earned enough medals to buy a few bushes. I planted them along the path to Fang's house, as I always planned. Then I just needed to score some yellow starts to scatter throughout them. And the island had yellow ones today!

Interestingly, I had some construction take place in my HHA Showcase, since I got several tags from being at the airport! I explored the new houses and was happy to find quite a bit of furniture I could order for my catalog.

I didn't do much else -- Just got a new exclusive wallpaper and carpet from Sahara, and managed to catch a bee after being stung a few times.

Oh, I also broke down and reenacted my Beautiful Town ordinance. I hardly had enough time to play every day, not including watering flowers. And oddly enough, I'm still finding new weeds every day. If this pattern continues, I'll just leave the ordinance in place. I just really want some Lucky Clovers, is that too much to ask? :p

And that's all I have to report from the last twelve days! Tomorrow's post will be more proper, don't worry. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0012.JPG
    HNI_0012.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0005.JPG
    HNI_0005.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 15
Welcome back! I think I speak for a lot of people by saying you were very missed! :)

Aw, Mitzi was so nice! I hope she finds a happy new home!

And congrats on catching a bee! Those things are absolutely murder to snag sometimes...

Back