• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 416 & 417 - New Neighbor Nuisances

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello again! I didn't have anything to blog about yesterday since I never had time to play. In order not to miss a single day of playing, I set my date to yesterday before I started up today. This is the only instance in which I ever time travel. It isn't time traveling if the game isn't in when you set the date back, is it? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, today and yesterday were quite packed with notable activity, so I'll start with yesterday first.

Day 416

I was eager to get started and didn't feel like changing my outfit, though I'd been wearing it for the past two or three days. So I just changed into another t-shirt that would match everything else and went on about my day.

I found Colton and Buck walking around together by the brick bridge. My brOTP is growing. :')

View attachment 235343

Needless to say, I buried his time capsule for him. Beside his house, so I know I'll be able to find it.

I spoke to Buck next and he wanted me to get him a fruit. Since there were a couple of mangoes still lying on the ground just above where we were, I grabbed one of those and gave it to him. He thanked me with a shirt.

I carried on the rest of my patrol without running into much else out of the ordinary, until I made it to the hybrid breeding field. There a fenced-off plot of land lay, right in the middle of my flowers. I couldn't complain very much; They only covered up one blue pansy and two orange ones, and I could easily replace those. Besides, I'd partly been hoping someone would move in and fill up some of the open space around there. Anyhow, I went over to see who would be coming to town.

View attachment 235344

Chester...I didn't think I'd ever seen him/her before, but for some reason I wanted to think they were a mouse. And I was not looking forward to having a mouse in town. But, you never know, they might be nice. I decided not to add them to my villager list until I met them, so I could wait and be surprised.

Later I found Chief behind the town hall and he wanted me to find him some new furniture. I said I would if the shops had anything good, but his house is actually perfect right now. So I'll probably just keep it as it is for as long as possible.

Lolly was walking around as usual not far from her house. She told me Felicity had come over to visit and forgotten something at her house. I agreed to find Felicity for her, since we were standing right beside her house and I could see she wasn't home. I found Felicity just a few feet away beside the bench beside her house. She had forgotten all about her Blue Plaid Shirt and had ordered another one, so she let me have that one for free.

Buck came running over to me outside of Re-Tail. He felt that his catchphrase was going stale and I assured him that, no, 'Neighhbor' will never get old. Ever. So he agreed to keep on saying it for a while. While I was talking to him, Colton and Chief were talking and by the time I was finished with Buck, they were walking off whistling. I must have missed a good conversation. ):

At T&T I had two lucky tickets from the day before, plus the two I got in the fortune cookies from the day. Four new fortunes = Four new exclusives! First was #26: "There are no shortcuts in life, except for when there are." I was rewarded a Pipe in exchange for this one, which was very fitting.

#43 was my next one: "She who wears laceless shoes is probably busy with space monsters." Does this mean I'm awesome because I'm wearing slip-ons? Tommy gave me Varia Suit Shoes and I started chowing down on my two new cookies.

#8: "A green hat may be just the thing to inspire you toward adventure." I got a Hero's Cap for that one, which is pretty cool. Now I can dress like Link. :p

Last was #27: "He who leaps over fire does so knowing the fire isn't impressed." I knew that one had to be a Fire Bar, and I was right.

I set those items aside with all of the other unorderables I've been hoarding and that was all for the first day I took care of today!

Day 417

Since our new villager would be moving in today, I made sure to change my entire outfit this time so I'd be nice and fresh when I made my first impression on our new resident. Whitney was outside, of course, and she asked me if she was wearing out her catchphrase. Why does everyone always ask this only when they have a GOOD catchphrase? I assured her that "dear" still sounded fine, and she wondered what it could be that's feeling old in her life. Maybe that hideous dharma in your house? Just a suggestion...

I set off on my usual route and came across a Colton's house that looked very much inhabited. I stopped in to see what he was doing and my premonition was right: Colton replaced his Regal Lamp with the Patchwork Lamp I gave him the other day. Looks like I'm going to have to fix that. I found a Pastel-Dot Rug in his dresser that he urged me to take, since it brought back a lot of bad memories for him. Okay then. We talked a bit about the new design he had changed into and I resumed my walk outside.

View attachment 235345

I found Lolly exactly where I did yesterday and she asked me what kind of drink she should serve with some desert she made. I suggested apple juice, and she thought that would be perfect. Deirdre was walking towards us and I talked to her, too. She wanted to come over to my house since she "had been so curious about it." But she's only been over to visit the past two days in a row! Regardless, I had her over and she said the usual things about my place, precisely that she doesn't think Colton would enjoy himself there. Well I'll just have to see about that.

Next I finished up my patrol and braced myself for Chester. His house didn't look that bad; It's actually quite colorful. I knocked on the door and went in to meet him. He seems...quiet?

View attachment 235346

Nonetheless, he was not a mouse and that was indeed a plus. But I'm still a little suspicious of him...I guess we'll see how he ends up fitting in around town. He's a lazy, though, and I was just thinking to myself the other day how a lazy hadn't lived in Storrs since, gosh...Drago, probably. And it had to have been almost a year since he moved away. Now Storrs has one of each personality type, which should keep things interesting. (;

Just behind where Chester put his new house, Fang was home in his. He said he was supposed to meet up with Deirdre later but something came up, so he asked me to go find her for him. I found her nearby, which made sense if she was on her way to hang out like they were supposed to. Anyhow, she agreed to follow me though she was somewhat leery of the reason. On the way, I apparently cut the corner around Fang's hedge too fast and almost lost her!

View attachment 235347

I'm sure all of the villagers probably do this, but it just seemed so predictably Deirdre to me. x)
In the end, we got to Fang's front door high and dry. He returned the Bubble Shirt he'd borrowed back to Deirdre and she was happy to get it back. She left after that and Fang rewarded me with a Polka-Dot Chair for my hard work.

I found Buck next and he asked me to catch him an ocean fish. I did some fishing down at the beach until I caught a Horse Mackerel for my horse friend. He was pleased with this and thanked me with a Pop-Up Book.

Chief was there too and he and I agreed on the wonderful weather.

View attachment 235348

He asked me to get him a fruit for his upset stomach and since there was still a mango lying on the ground just over there, I retrieved that for him. He let me have his Pink-Bud Tank for helping him out.

Lastly, I paid a visit to Redd who had his tent set up in the plaza today. The Beautiful Statue SHOULD be legit, and that's what I bought off of him. I had bad luck with the naked man statue, but who says the naked lady won't yield different results?

At T&T, I bought a Portable Toilet and Golf Bag for my catalog, plus a fertilizer and the two fortune cookies. I got a Kart and Toad Hat for my tickets today (#32: "You should consider a career as a professional kart racer" & #12: "In both life and love, there is always another castle.")

Oh, and before I called it a day, I reorganized my breeding hybrids so Chester would have some room around his house.

View attachment 235349

I just planted my tulips vertically and moved my pansies up to the left of Fang's house.

Sorry for such a word dump today, Storrs just had some (somewhat) major developments. x) Stay tuned to see how Chester adjusts to his new town, any further developments to Buckton (Buck & Colton ;D), and hopefully some progress to the Red Queen's Castle. See y'all next time! :)

Attachments

• HNI_0009.JPG
    HNI_0009.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0012.JPG
    HNI_0012.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0034.JPG
    HNI_0034.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0038.JPG
    HNI_0038.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0041.JPG
    HNI_0041.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0048.JPG
    HNI_0048.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0056.JPG
    HNI_0056.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 24
Aw, I love how close Colton and Buck have become! It's so cute! c:

Personally, I really like Chester because he was in my sister's old town before he moved into my old one. I kinda forgot about him though, actually.

Okay, I'm glad to hear good reports on Chester. x) He must be pretty forgettable, haha. The blog I get my villager pixels from doesn't even have him.

Back