• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 572 - 574 - November News

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good evening, everyone! I hope all had a good weekend and a good Halloween. I regret to inform you that I did not, in fact, get to play any on Halloween (day 572), which happened to be the first day I didn't play at all since I became mayor. However, I have good news to report from Storrs to kick off the month of November!

Day 573

Regretfully, I changed out of my Captain America costume and put on a normal fall outfit and set about my day. First and foremost, as usual, I ran into Whitney. Except this time, what she had to talk about was very encouraging.

View attachment 236468

Could it be, that Colton and Whitney are on good terms again?!
I set out on my patrol of the town along the usual route, since Colton's house is in the forest I pass through first. And luckily, he was home.

View attachment 236469

Yeah, definitely on good terms. :'D
I have no idea what could have gone down to cause such an animosity between them, but I am very glad to know that it seems to be officially all better between my friends now! I didn't get a reward for the delivery since I incorrectly guessed its contents, but that was just fine with me. Next Colton told me he was tired of his Regal Lamp and wanted something to replace it, but seeing as it is perfect as it is, I left him with nothing.

Carrying on, I found the first mushroom of November!

View attachment 236470

I always enjoyed the mushroom hunts, since it adds a little spice to the usual monotonous autumn days. Although I collected the entire Mush set last year and don't particularly want it, it will be fun to collect again this year.

Chief was at home and wanted my Spooky Dresser, but unfortunately I had to turn him down. I didn't nab as many of the spooky items as I'd hoped to, and didn't ever see the bookcase, which was the only piece I haven't acquired yet. Outside of Chief's, Lily talked me into buying her Stove.

After my search of the town, I paid Harriet a visit at the Shampoodle to get my girl hair back. As much as the Captain America hair may have suited me, I think it's better to not look bald when I wear hats. :rolleyes: Then I stopped by T&T to buy some medicine for Buck, and I came upon yet another trademark of November: a piece of the Harvest furniture up for sale!

View attachment 236472

The Harvest series is undoubtedly one of my favorites. Seeing as I still have my complete set in my basement from last year, I won't need to purchase any from this year. But I still like seeing that little bit of purple every day!

When I got back to town, I took Buck his second dose of medicine, who seemed to be consulting his pet fish for some comfort, poor thing.

View attachment 236473

After that, I wrapped my day up by talking Felicity out of moving on the sixth and having Melba over for a visit to my house.

View attachment 236471

Day 574

Today I had a letter in the mail from Melba, thanking me for having her over and giving me a Microscope for my hospitality, which was a new addition to my catalog. I ran into Whitney first again, and this time she wanted to set a time for me to visit her house. We settled on 3:30, since she was going to read novels with Fang until then.

I found today's Mush Lamp in the forest outside of Colton's house, and I had to admit that was a fitting place for it to be. All these mushrooms around is going to make my town feel even more like Wonderland. xD I later found Colton outside of the train station and he wanted to visit my house. We set a time for 3:40, which would give me plenty of time to hang out with Whitney beforehand.

I ran into Chief near his house and he had a gift he wanted delivered to Melba, but didn't think he could do it himself. I'm starting to see a little bit maybe going on between these two! Whilst this conversation was transpiring, Melba rounded the corner and walked over to us. I spoke to her next and handed over the package, where you can see Chief immediately started to run off. :p

View attachment 236474

Clearly, Melba loved it very much. She tried it on right away and didn't even ask my opinion. It doesn't look all that bad on her, so it didn't really matter either way. She thanked me with the Orange Jacket she was wearing (which, coincidentally, Chief convinced her to wear when he was wearing one not long ago). So then I had to chase Chief down to wherever he ran to and tell him how much she liked it, which he was happy to hear.

I paid a visit to Felicity who was home, and noticed that her house had suddenly gotten VERY crowded.

View attachment 236477

Maybe I shouldn't have sold her that Robo-Table the other day...
Aside from that, she asked me for a perfect fruit, and later gave me a Cabin Low Table in exchange for a perfect peach.

When all was said and done, I headed to Main Street to visit the museum and all the shops. I made sure to buy a bag of medicine for Buck and take it to him afterwards. He said that he felt much better and should be back to his regular workout routine tomorrow. ^_^

Before long, it was time to pay a visit to Whitney. She wouldn't sell me her Watermelon Table or the Pop-Up Book on top of it, so I settled with the Big Dot Tee she had before heading over to my place to meet with Colton. Oh, and no sign of the Mama Bear I know she got in Animalia the other day. ): Maybe she's still contemplating on the perfect place to put it.

View attachment 236475

Colton and I had a good visit as well, although he didn't have much to talk about except some supposed "secret" he had, that he mentioned some ten times before he left.

View attachment 236476

Maybe I'll have to investigate this...He must want me to know about it. But aside from that, he complimented my various furniture and said a lot about my house smelling good before he went on his way.

And that does it for our start to a new month here in Storrs! Looking forward to hunting down a lot more mushrooms, the upcoming Harvest event, and my birthday on the 23rd. See yas next time!

Attachments

• HNI_0034.JPG
    HNI_0034.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
  • HNI_0035.JPG
    HNI_0035.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0038.JPG
    HNI_0038.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 9
  • HNI_0048.JPG
    HNI_0048.JPG