• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Demolishing Town

moniquesx

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've been playing for about 10 days now & I guess I didn't choose my town map quite wisely when I first started off. My villagers who have gradually moved in placed their houses by the river which causes my bridge placement to be far off from where I need it to be. This makes projects more difficult for me because I can't turn back the hands of time to move their home. & it just urks my nerves! The ocean is too far of a commute from the Re Tail store & my house. I've tried growing to love it. I'm satisfied with my character, but I'm not so sure about my town. I've spent a huge amount of time getting it to where I want it to be & then MAYBE I'd have a change of heart. But I guess I need another opinion. I'm bummed out because my character has the perfect outfit that I know I'll probably never get back & not the mention the amount of time I went fishing to gain all the bells for my projects, house, & furniture!

HELP! HELP! HELP! If I can just have someone else's input. Possibly someone who's already far along in to the game. This will be my second time demolishing my town. I'm so picky :confused:

I did this with City Folk once. I had a trusted friend who also played. I took all of my bells, my favorite outfits and furniture and dropped it off in her town. When I restarted, as soon as I could, I visited her town and picked it all up. You'll still have a lot of things to re-do, but at least you would have a head start.

Well you can have somebody you trust hold on to your clothes and other items and any bells you have saved up for you. That way you wouldn't lose those things. I chose to restart as well after about my first week of play and had someone do it. I say, if you're unhappy, you should change it. Get something you're happy with!

This may constitute "cheating" or something, but have you considered moving all of your bells and clothes that you like to someone else's town and picking it up with your new character after you make a new town?

**Edit: I hadn't realized that two other people literally were typing the same thing as me XD

This may constitute "cheating" or something, but have you considered moving all of your bells and clothes that you like to someone else's town and picking it up with your new character after you make a new town?

**Edit: I hadn't realized that two other people literally were typing the same thing as me XD

Haha it happens. I don't really think it's "cheating" exactly. Think of it as moving your character to a new town and keeping all of his/her possessions. :p

I, too, want to reset in the back of my mind. I thought I loved my town layout but the U shaped river is somewhat of a hindrance. I've played for maybe a week. Before, I reset a TON of times, even had a couple towns but still reset. I just got the Bug catching and Fish catching badges today too. But I hate my villagers and my house location!

I think if you want to reset then go for it! People here often will hold your things for you. It also makes sine after playing the game for a few days, you kind of realize what is convenient where. My home is far, far from Re-Tail and it's annoying because I couldn't build a bridge next to my house! If you do reset, you can change the date on your 3DS back a few days to give you time to catch up.

I never thought of it that way! Generally because I don't play with anybody else online unless I NEED to. So I'll definitely look into having a buddy store my belongings with them in the mean time. * if I ever do decide to demolish my town.

But I'm going to dread starting over being Mayor! >.<

Thanks again all!

I've been playing since 14th and I'm still wondering if I should reset. I got the river layout I really wanted, it just turns out that the reality isn't as good as I thought it'd be. Good luck!

Back