Did you graduate high school?

chocovelvetcake

I'm on hiatus rn, sorry :(
Bells
Switch
2092-7168-3040
Island
MystyLand
My senior year lasted from 2020-2021, during the COVID-19 pandemic. At first, I was in online school. Needless to say, I ended up flunking online school and ended up going back to school in person for the rest of the school year.

When I was still taking online classes, I started to feel a sense of doubt and hopelessness. Having to repeat my senior year of high school was one of my worse fears, and I still thought about it even after going back to school in person. I even thought about dropping out of high school during my senior year because I felt like I was "too stupid for school." I also felt jealous of the students in my grade who were graduating high school early and wished that could be me.

One day in math class, I began to feel really worried about not being able to graduate high school. When my math teacher showed me my grades on her computer and told me about how great i was doing and how I already had enough credits to graduate early, I was shocked because I never thought I had enough credits to graduate high school, let alone early. I ended up graduating high school early in January 2021 and got my diploma 4 months later. Since my senior year only lasted from August 2020 to January 2021, that means my senior year only lasted for 5 months instead of the usual 9 or at least where I'm from.

I graduated high school this year! I didn't enjoy my graduation ceremony whatsoever and I didn't bother to attend prom, but one of my diplomas (the one given by the school, not the government) at least has my chosen name on it.

I haven't failed a grade, but I did fail my Secondary IV science class and had to redo it the next year. I passed the exam in February and got my credits, so I was all set for the end of the year (when I got the rest of my grades and credits).

Yes. I graduated 13 years ago. I am from Class of 2011. However, I did not attend the ceremony for personal reasons.

I only have a year left until I graduate so no. Sorry to hear about your situation, though. 🫂 I'm sure most of us have struggled with online classes at that time.

Yeah, I actually had all my required credits before I even reached my senior year. I was proactive in helping the special needs community and I was also in a trade school program.

Then there was the absolute lunatic who decided to shoot up the school three months before graduation :v

The building was closed off after that. Our graduations took place in a public sector anyways so it didn't actually impact that. Aside from many people who decided to just pick up their diplomas instead of walking on stage.

I still walked and had my moment. I had been looking forward to having my family there in person and getting to see me.

ahaha we didn't even do a fancy dinner or party. We went to burger king after it was over. We were all tired and it was a hectic enough year. I was fine with some fast food.

Yeah I graduated quite awhile ago in 2015.. Kinda crazy it's been nearly a decade since I graduated. I didn't put any effort in freshman and sophomore year. But I remember overhearing someone saying that junior year was really your last chance to turn things around if you messed up your first 2 years. And that kind of motivated me to start trying and actually turn in all of my assignments. I made up for the classes I failed the first 2 years in online classes. And from Junior year on I got pretty much A's and B's in every class. And for senior year I had enough credits to only need to go for 4 classes instead of 6 so it was nice I got shortened school days that year, because I actually decided to put in effort the year before.

yes I did, seven years ago hehe. and I not only have a bachelor's degree as well, soon I will be getting a master's in library science! 😊

I did. I graduated a year early, so high school was only 3 years long for me.
That was 15 years ago 😵‍💫

Yeah, I graduated around a decade ago as Salutatorian (2nd best GPA in the entire school). Then I went on to university and earned a bachelor's there. I don't plan on ever going back to school again, not even for a Master's, because I have a good-paying job and it'd be a waste of time and money for me at this point.

I've generally found that while grades are important in school, they're not an end-all be-all sort of thing. You can get the best grades ever and still be rejected for various roles in the workplace. Once you're finished with school, aside from what you learned, the only thing that really matters is experience.

Yes, and college with honors, majoring in IT. So glad it's over though, that was stressful.

I just started my junior year, but apparently according to my counselor I'm on the path to graduate half a school year early during my senior year, meaning I can graduate in December 2025.

I did! It was a bit stressful my senior year but I managed to graduate on time with good grades.

I graduated in 2020. My last in person day was around March 15th. We had a zoom graduation ceremony and a drive-by diploma pickup and textbook dropoff.

Edit: It was weird. I had been having dreams about graduation at sunset. It was bittersweet and made my heart ache. I cried for hours on end about the prospect of high school ending. And yet… life surprised me, and I had a weird feeling of closure when I closed my diploma booklet on the dining room table. It felt like the end of a movie and the credits were about to roll. It was bittersweet, but due to the sudden circumstances, not knowing when my true last day was, was infinitely less emotional than I’d thought. It’s like part of the closure came from not having to worry about what to do and feel on the last day in class. A bit ironic I think lol

Last edited:
Yep I graduated first time around! I couldn't imagine surviving these days without highschool as a minimum.

Yes. I graduated in 2016. I truthfully shouldn't have. I never passed one of the courses required to graduate, but it was somehow overlooked when I received my diploma. The course was called Earth Science. I wasn't grasping it, so they withdrew me from the course entirely and I made up the credit by taking two different science classes, which I passed.

Somehow, I managed to pass Physics and Biology in the same year, but failed to grasp Earth Science at all.

I graduated in 2020 shortly after I first joined this website. I was already doing online school before the pandemic, so not much changed for me when lockdown started. When I graduated, my school let kids go in line while social distancing over the course of multiple days to receive their diploma. I received mine in a mostly empty gymnasium with only a few teachers, the principal, the vice principal, and my parents. My GPA ended up being at a 3.5. It would've been higher if I didn't have mental health issues my freshman year and my classes during the second half of my senior year weren't pass/fail.

My high school education before I switched to online school was very bad and because of that I never developed proper study habits. College was miserable for me and I dropped out. Just being in classrooms makes me on edge from past trauma. I don't know if I'll ever go back. I'd need to get over my fear of school classrooms and have disability services help me with some things.

Yes, I graduated in 2014. I didn’t want to attend the ceremony because I hated everyone and most of my friends had graduated early, but I ending up going. I’m glad I went so people didn’t make up rumors that I didn’t graduate lol.

Yup, I graduated on June 3, 2016. I almost went to college the winter after, but it never really worked out. Looking back, college would probably be extremely overwhelming for me, so it’s probably for the best. Plus, me, my dad, and my brother moved three years after I graduated from high school.

Back