• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Digging up GEMS

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
Looks like we won't be digging up just fossils but also gems! Our towns are like gold mines apparently :D

http://ac3dsblog.com/

So, what do you think we might be able to do with such jewels? I'm hoping we can put them on our clothes :') Definitely a new idea for the museum exhibits thread!

Oh my, I wonder if they'll be valuable and will compete with the best money-makers: fishing and catching bugs. If not, I hope they have a use other than as furniture, because putting an emerald down in your room would be weird, unless your house is mine themed. I hope they could be embedded in your furniture, such as having a chair that has tiny gems in lines down the legs or something. Would make the new furniture customization THAT much better.

Oh my, I wonder if they'll be valuable and will compete with the best money-makers: fishing and catching bugs. If not, I hope they have a use other than as furniture, because putting an emerald down in your room would be weird, unless your house is mine themed. I hope they could be embedded in your furniture, such as having a chair that has tiny gems in lines down the legs or something. Would make the new furniture customization THAT much better.

My thoughts exactly! I could have a collection of diamond encrusted furniture :D I'd feel so rich.

I'm hoping we can donate these to the museum and they'll go up on display, like bugs, fish, and fossils.

I'm hoping we can donate these to the museum and they'll go up on display, like bugs, fish, and fossils.

I'm pretty sure we will do that, I'll have to go watch some clips again and pause it on the museum part to look at the different mats on the floor and see if any look like gems xD

:0 I just looked at the screenshot and there isn't a mat for gems... just fish, bugs, fossils and art. Maybe there's another use for them that we're overlooking? I doubt they're just there to sell.. they must have a special feature :D

Perhaps they get displayed with the fossils?

I want an Emerald to display in my house. ^^; Encrusted furniture would be nice too.
If there is no default place for them to be displayed in the museum, there's always the exhibit rooms we get to customize ourselves.

Another use that I think would be cool is that if you could turn a golden tool into a gem tool by combining it with gems in someway. For example, bury 4 gems around a golden shovel (which would also be buried) and wait a month. A month later, the 4 gems surrounding the golden shovel would be gone but digging up the golden shovel allows you to find the gem shovel, which is the same as the golden shovel, but bell trees have a slightly higher chance of being successful. Just an example.

Also, not sure if they changed how easy it is to get the golden shovel in AC:CF, but they need to make it harder in AC:3DS. You can get it on the second day, just buy 2 shovels and bury one. Wait a day, dig it up. There should be like a 5% chance of being successful, and if it isn't the buried shovel should be consumed. Just an idea. The golden shovel is the easiest golden tool to get and there's no satisfaction from all your 'hard work', aka burying an item that only costs a few hundred bells.

Perhaps they get displayed with the fossils?

That's a good point, I hope that's true :')
I like the idea of gem tools too, it would be a nice addition like the silver tools in city folk. Makes it a little bit more interesting :D

Shizues tweet today about that emerald was such a surprise to me :D (first I thought that it was a turnip that was buried there but than I realised that it was something else because it looked too weird to be a turnip)

Maybe Shizue will tweet what they have done with that emerald tomorrow? ;)

I doubt they will be featured in the museum, I am sure they have some use though, though it could just be a way to make fossil hunting a bit harder.

Yeah, I think that they might be rare items that you sometimes get to get A LOT of bells! I do hope they have other uses too. However, you never know, they could just be ways to get bells. ♪

If they are just for selling purposes, I hope some are worth more and are rare, while they are some bogus minerals such as Fool's Gold. I hope that they aren't just limited to gems, and that they are found in a way that doesn't interfere with fossil hunting.

and that they are found in a way that doesn't interfere with fossil hunting.

Seems to me like that'd be a pretty easy thing to do.

From my observations with WW over an extended period of time: On average there were two fossils a day - sometimes three. If it rained, a few Gyroids would pop up in addition to the fossils for that day. So they could easily implement it to where it couldn't interfere, just like how Gyroids didn't.

It's very possible that gems might work out just like Gyroids where they pop up after the rain.

Back