• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Digging up GEMS

I want the gems to interfere with fossil hunting, personally I found fossil hunting too easy and within a couple months I had every fossil.

Seems to me like that'd be a pretty easy thing to do.

From my observations with WW over an extended period of time: On average there were two fossils a day - sometimes three. If it rained, a few Gyroids would pop up in addition to the fossils for that day. So they could easily implement it to where it couldn't interfere, just like how Gyroids didn't.

It's very possible that gems might work out just like Gyroids where they pop up after the rain.

It's also a possibility that they are found in someway other than digging up with a shovel, or maybe only golden shovels can dig them up.

It's also a possibility that they are found in someway other than digging up with a shovel, or maybe only golden shovels can dig them up.
In the image, you dig them up, holding a regular shovel(golden/shovel will obviously be able to then as well)
Also, it says the "Gem was unearthed" meaning dug up.

You know I actually see it coming from a rock since there was no hole around, but at the same time Google Chrome translates it to stuff about being unearthed.

I hope the gems don't interfere with fossil hunting. I've never completed a section of the museum (sad, I know) and I'm determined to at least complete the fossil section this time around. I hope gems are just a rare occurance and not in the way of fossil hunting. That said, I hope they are sold for lots of bells.

I'm very curious as to what they will specifically be for. I also hope we can sell them or even trade them in for something.

Well the website seems to imply now that it came from within a rock. Perhaps the gems replace the bell rock?

Well the website seems to imply now that it came from within a rock. Perhaps the gems replace the bell rock?

Yeah, I updated the post seeing as someone translated the text on the image saying that. I hope the bell rocks aren't replaced. That's one of my favorite things to do every day.

Maybe there'll be a special store in the mall, or even on the summer island, where you can get them made into objects for your house?! Or perhaps it could be celeste's new feature? Or you can take them to Katrina and she uses it as some kind of crystal ball to see your future?!?!? (i doubt that tho!)
What do you guys think? :eek:

Maybe there'll be a special store in the mall, or even on the summer island, where you can get them made into objects for your house?! Or perhaps it could be celeste's new feature? Or you can take them to Katrina and she uses it as some kind of crystal ball to see your future?!?!? (i doubt that tho!)
What do you guys think? :eek:
Anything's possible, but I don't see Celeste as being likely. Katrina could possibly make crystal balls from the gems. However, I can see Phineas being a likely candidate for using the gems because he is the only NPC who we really don't know what he does anymore. Plus, he's in an explorer outfit. What we would get for giving him gems? No idea.

Whatever happens, I'm hoping I can display them in my house. It'd be cool to have basements again, so then I could have a mine themed basement complete with gemstones!

Whatever happens, I'm hoping I can display them in my house. It'd be cool to have basements again, so then I could have a mine themed basement complete with gemstones!

That makes me think of the treasure room in Adventure Time! And that's a very good idea, but I won't steal it.

Oooh digging up gems... I like it!! Something fresh/new!! Besides - if we can sell them (which I'm guessing is highly possible lol) more money income for me! :D

Oooh digging up gems... I like it!! Something fresh/new!! Besides - if we can sell them (which I'm guessing is highly possible lol) more money income for me! :D

Yup tons of stuff fresh and new

Maybe they are like gyroids you just collect them and they are worth a fair amount.

Lol that link has so many spoilers in one place xD; I couldn't resist

Back