• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Digital Release and Time Zones

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Is PST going to get to download at their midnight, is EST going to get to download at their midnight, vice versa, insert any time zone, blah blah blah...

Or is there a set time zone that they are going for? Can someone explain to me how this is going to work?

Everyone in America region will be able to download the game starting at midnight EDT on June 9th. For PDT fellows, that means 9 PM on June 8th.

BigJC covered most of it. I'll add in that in Australia it will be Midnight AEST and in Europe it will be Midnight BST.

That's awesome for the people downloading it and get it earlier than midnight :) I'm going digital, but I'm getting the bundle so I don't benefit from this. Oh well!

Oh good I'll download at 11:00, go play PS3 for like an hour, and then come back for AC:NL!

Oh, hahahahaha I never even thought about this... If I get my bundle a day early (which the place I've ordered from are good at getting it out early), I can't even play it until midnight. Buuuuut, I won't even have internet at midnight, would have to wait until I got to work to dl it after system transferring lol. Lucky I'm also preordering the physical, at least I can play that in the meantime.

Haha that was a big oversight by me, duh!!

I'm a bit confused, so since I live in Singapore, what time zone am I? Also, I am using the Brazil eShop so what time is the digital launch time for me?

I'm a bit confused, so since I live in Singapore, what time zone am I? Also, I am using the Brazil eShop so what time is the digital launch time for me?

I find it easiest to Google a world clock when they talk about NA times as I'm in EU. Ask Google what the time is in Singapore when Brazil hits midnight, or find otu the number of hours difference between you and them

Aww, assuming it would be the BST for Europe, it would come an hour after midnight for me :(

Everyone in America region will be able to download the game starting at midnight EDT on June 9th. For PDT fellows, that means 9 PM on June 8th.

3IE5G.jpg

Thank god, I should have plenty of time to get stuff done before things start to close.

Aww, assuming it would be the BST for Europe, it would come an hour after midnight for me :(
And two hours after midnight for me ): But I'm going to stay up to download it anyway. (btw, does anybody know how long it will approximately take?)

Since the game is sized at 6,002 blocks, having an Internet Connection of 256kbs will take around 50 minutes to download.

I'll probably download it at midnight, then play it in the morning maybe afternoon, I want my tree planting ceremony to be during the day and I don't feel like changing the time.

It will be 11pm for me as well. Does anyone know what size SD card they would need for 6,000 blocks? I've never down loaded full games like that before on my 3DS. On NES and game boy games.

Well, a 2GB SD Card that is bundled on the original 3DS models is simply enough, although you'd want to get a larger SD Card capacity. I recommend getting 8GB or above, so you can download some retail games as well.

Back