• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Disappointed by lack of clothing customization?

OrganicOrange

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I always loved to put patterns on my shirt in Animal Crossing. But now that they added pants, shoes, and socks, I got even more excited so I can put my pattern designs on those pieces of clothing too. Sadly, pattern designs can still only be placed on the torso. :(
I would've created Nike shoes if they allowed to put designs on it. What would've you guys put on the pants, shoes, and socks?

I actually like a lot of the shoe designs, I would just like to take that base (like the 3D shape of the shoe) and add patterns and colours to it. Pants? Well, I like base colours, but would still appreciate making things like tears in the knees. ^_^

I was disappointed by not being able to design at least pants and socks. I thought the exact same thing as you, OrganicOrange. :)

I'm not to disappointed. The fact that we can have customized colour palettes is enough to tide me over.

I was fine with it until I realized they didn't have a white and blue top hat. Customization would of fixed that ;_; (kind of figured they wouldn't)

Even a plain white top hat would work, I guess.

Last edited:
It's a little disappointing, but to be honest I've always wanted to customize accessories and hats.

What would be the fun if they gave us everything in one version and didn't make us wait for the next revision? :)

I'm not really that disappointed...
I think there's a lot of customization in the game already available, not limited to clothes, but you can customize the town as a whole, and of course your house (even the exterior, now!).
As a whole, I think the developers gave the game as many customizable options as they could bring to the table at once, and while I can see the potential you've suggested for future development, I think the game is already above and beyond when it comes to decorative options.

I'm not really that disappointed because we at least got to change our shoes socks and pants this time.

It will definitely. I see customizable pants and maybe shorts? That's the one thing I wanted.

Doesn't phase me at all. The shoes are way too small to matter if I could put a pattern on them. I wouldn't be able to see my work very well at all.

To me, pants don't really look good with patterns on them. It makes them look tacky and ugly. Pants look best when they're one solid color like black, brown, or khaki.

I'm gonna mostly be making dresses for the most part. ^^ I'm quite happy with what we can make and I have absolutely nothing to be disappointed about. I looked in my Pattern Folder the other day and I've made around 35 patterns now! :3

Meh, I would have liked to design socks and shoes, but yeah I don't mind waiting for the next game to have that feature. Gotta leave something new to look forward to. :)

I'm not dissapointed. c: But I suppose it would have been nice to make those floral print jeans that I see a lot.. They're so cute. <3
But I'll be wearing dresses and skirt mainly so...

D8 I don't really like socks with funky patterns but I think it could be a really neat idea.

Yup, I'm a bit disappointed that we can't customize everything but not enough to REALLY complain about it :) Just happy we girls can finally wear pants in the first place.

Nintendo needs to save some things for future games too ;)

I have to wonder if it was just too difficult to put in this game. There's often limits to handheld games, and I bet a lot of this customization (like others are saying) will wind up in the eventual Wii U game. I'm impressed enough that I can customize my furniture!

I read the title of the thread and was like "Are you serious right now?"

I am not disappointed at all. We can change our shoes, socks, pants, and well basically everything! There is so much customization!

Back