• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Disappointed by lack of clothing customization?

I'm actually pretty impresses that they added pants. I've never been one to customize shirts anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

I hear what you're saying. On the other hand none of these items even existed in the other games. I remember just wanting benches to put in my town. Now there's way more then that and I find myself wanting more items! Even though I now have benches.
4fvfcja.gif

I really don't mind at all, to be honest. I like how they have it set up for AC:NL. They've made so many changes in the right direction that this is so minor. They'll include it in the next Animal Crossing, and that's plenty for me. :)

"I would've created Nike shoes"

Good lord, there's people that actually do this?

Being able to design each side of your shirt is at least enough of a step forward to not really care much about the other unfortunate clothing items.

As someone who hasn't played an AC game before, the amount of customization New leaf offers is what actually convinced me preorder the game. I am impressed by the amount of flexibility and creativity the game allows, and I'm super excited to design my stuff!

The only thing I would've done if they let you customize shoes was to make different colors of the same shoes. Like buy 10 of the same shoes and just make each pair another color. I'm more than happy with the current selection though.

Plus I don't really care much about anything right now since the game has barely a week for NA to get it. I've been waiting 3 years, something as petty as some of the things I've seen people disappointed about is nothing compared to the joy of knowing about a week is left for NA! :eek:

I think there's a lot of room for creativity in this version than any other. Not only outside home and town, but also PANTZ. Yeah I guess I would have like customizable bottoms, but hey the overall/dress shape thing can seem like shirt plus a pair of pants. It's all good

I love the customisation.. Coming from the older games, it is a relief to finally have the ability to customise each side of the shirts, and to have the ability to 'download' patterns.

Oh and I love the fact you can have different socks lmao!

No custom pants, shoes, or socks doesn't bother me. I haven't played since WW, so the amount of customization that they've added since then is already huge. Pro designs, changable shoes/socks/pants, even more clothes options than before, QR codes that are easily shared... I'm loving the clothing customization.

I don't know how many different shoes/socks/pants there are but i think there will be enough and so i am okay with the fact we can 'only' customize the shirts :)

I've thought it'd be nice to pro pattern umbrellas so that each facet can look different. Imagine recreating Perry from Super Princess Peach.

Also, having a circular template in which to make a pattern for a mask would be great.

If I could only have one of the two, I would have a pattern mask.

I am not necessarily disappointed. I just wanted that little extra bit of customization in the pants, shoes, and socks.

Back