• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do the new mayors look better than the old mayors?

Definitely better, they don't look so small and stubby compared to WW.

I like the characters in NL more than any other installment. As a kid I wanted my female character to be able to wear pants and not be limited to a dress. (That might be because I didn't like wearing dresses much as a kid. I couldn't move or play in them without flashing my underpants to the world.)

I think being stubby was part of the charm though. Since all the villagers used to be pretty stubby and short too. Their shirts used to look like dresses on them, just like the players did. (atleast the female player) I think it was more to do with being an art style choice rather than making the player look good. I personally liked the old player, but I also like the new one too because the new model makes a lot more room for individuality by being able to choose your villagers pants, shoes and socks. I did think the old models were cute, but i?m thankful for finally being able to wear pants and stuff. If it weren?t for the eyes, everyone would pretty much look the same.

I kinda miss the old models some times. Though I don't miss not being able to take off my hat in the GC game. Like it bothers me that whatever clothes your wearing transfers to your hat its dumb!!!!
Love the amount of customization you get but I kinda wish you could make a chubbier character in NL lmao

I think the new ones opened the door for customization, back in CF you couldn't really do anything but wear a dress as a female character, I didn't mind it a whole bunch because I mostly dress my Mayor in dresses now, but being able to wear shirts now without being limited to a dress was really nice. The small ones are cute to me, and they did their job, but to me they were better for older games.

Last edited:
The new ones are definitely better. I guess I wouldn't like to have a stubby character again,
with no option to customize and even worse, wear the whole time a hat like back in AC:CG.
I mean, it's not like that I hate the stubby old ones, they are sometimes actually kinda cute,
but they just wouldn't fit in a new AC game anymore, especially since we now have the New
Leaf models.

In my opinion, i thought the ACCF's characters were cute, but you couldn't really change your pants, but you would always wear a dress and get your shoes changed by Kicks from the City. But, since ACNL came out, i just love how you can change the pants, shoes, hair, custom outfits, and many more! Im just going to say, that Animal Crossing itself had improved since it came out on the GameCube.

I like the stubbly animals from previous games but if they were scaled according to species a little better like in NL that would be the perfect mix. However the way the mayors and other humans look in NL is fine to me because it makes it easier to wear different types of clothing and have it look decent!

I much prefer the tall models. Even though I am short I prefer the better customisation and I think the short ones looked a bit too fat and cartoony.

I think the stubby mayors have a certain charm but overall the New Leaf ones look better, and being able to customise them so much more is great.

The old ones were cute but I do like the lots of extra customization that came w new leaf characters! Makes me wonder if they're going to make as big of a design shift with the new game's characters

It definitely took some getting used to after having played Let's Go to the City a lot. But looking back, they actually look really odd with weird proportions and they also seem extremely fat... With New Leaf the proportions are better also because the Animals got taller or shorter depending on their species with added a nice new layer of detail. Then there's also the fact that character customization got expanded which I really liked.

Can't see them making a huge change to what we already have in the new game. I'm guessing we're getting an HD New Leaf with extra features. Similar to the situation of Wild World and Let's Go to the City.

Mayors in Wild World? I guess we look better than Tortimer.

LMAO first your post then your signature made me spit my drink out omg.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I 100% like our new characters. More customization and it makes us look a bit more of a person than a walking head. Never had a real issue with it, but once I saw the new version of us, I never went back.

Back