• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Does anyone have experience using the Island Transfer tool?

Awww I’m so glad it worked out ok!! A second island sounds fun :D

Hey All

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i need some advice on using the Island transfer tool. Our situation is a little unusual so I am a little unsure about the transfer based on this scenario... Please ignore my terminology as I know it might not be 100% correct, and bear with em on the explanation..!

My oldest daughter bough ACNH digitally on her nintendo account and installed it using her switch account on our family switch. As i understand it she is the island representative for the island on the switch (I'm not entirely sure what this means?).
My younger daughter played on the same island using a different character on her own account on the switch.

Oldest daughter stopped playing ACNH and hasn't played it since, and has actually moved out of our house to her own place, so doesn't use out switch at all.

Younger daughter bought her own switch second-hand with a physical copy of ACNH and wants to transfer the whole island over form the family switch and continue where she left off so to speak.

I know we can use the transfer tool to move the island to the new switch, but...
Will it make a difference that the new switch has a physical copy of the game rather than a digital copy?
What happens to the island representative? Do i need to create my older daughters account on the new switch and link her nintendo ID? Can the rep be changed to my younger daughters character?

Is there anything else that I have missed?

Really appreciate any help that you can provide. :)

Back