• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Does buried sea shells count as trash?

Dizzie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I am trying to make my perfect peach orchard as efficient as possible, I've buried shells between the trees so when they drop the fruit the peaches land in a line that is easy to gather.

Do buried shells count against me as trash? Isabelle complained about the trash but I think thats because I sort of covered Leonardos house with rotten peaches (I hate him) so I've cleaned that up and am hoping tomorrow isabelle isnt complaining.

I don't know if buried seashells count as trash. Why don't you just plant flowers on either side of the tree so the fruit falls in a straight line? That's what I do.

They do not. :) I buried seashells around the edges of my beach for design purposes and was still getting Jacob's Ladders afterwards.

I think anything buried that isn't a fossil or gyroid is considered trash, but I don't know. Maybe shells and other "natural" things are not considered trash no matter what you do with them? Shells probably have to be on the beach though.

Just tested it and isabelle says my town is shining clean even though I have shells buried EVERYWHERE! So shells do not count for trash. Also I did have flowers but I kept accidentally picking them, I really wish we could run around with our inventory open.

Thank you for testing this, I hate how the shells make my beach look! ...wait, if you bury the shells, new ones don't spawn in their place, do they? :confused:

Depends - pitfall seeds don't respawn (what a godsend that trick is!), so perhaps shells don't either, and as mentioned, is it different if you plant them in town as opposed to on the beach? So many questions, so many experiments!!

Shells will spawn after you pick them up, even if you dump them on the beach or bury them anywhere. If you dont touch them then they will remain a set number I believe.

I am using the shells to direct where fruit drops is all without accidentally grabbing up flowers.

Back