• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Donkey Kong 64 Remake Suggestions - Angry Aztec

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The next level in DK64 is Angry Aztec, which is based after the ancient civilizations in Mexico. Outside the tunnels and the temples is harsh because of the sandstorms. It may be the second level to unlock, but the first level that requires fighting a boss to unlock. I am okay with that, but not okay if all levels follow that.

I enjoyed how big this level is. Because of the music and theme, this was my favorite level where you can get golden bananas. But this level isn't perfect. Heck, it's not even perfect to steer clear of my remake suggestions. It's not Banjo-Tooie (which doesn't need a remake other than graphics update), so there should be some tweaking.

Missions to be removed:

Before I go over what missions should be removed, I should explore the A, B, C, and D golden bananas are. That weird temple at the end of the level (where all five kongs can access once the totem pole is fed) has only D golden bananas. Every golden banana in the first area (where Candy's music store and the llama prison are) are C golden bananas. So you can figure out the A and B golden bananas are if you know the game very well.

• Donkey Kong - Stealthy Snoop: Would I remove the temple where K. Rool would target you after taking the golden banana? No. I also like the idea where you can earn a golden banana for freeing the kongs and the llama, so this golden banana is the unfortunate victim of facing removal. However, I wouldn't remove this tunnel because it still can have another collectible to put in.
  • Diddy Kong - Flying through the hoops: I wasn't bothered by this mission at first, but the Virtual Console version of DK64 made this even worse. So it would be best to get rid of this mission. I would also advise getting rid of the Fungi Forest version of this as well, but I'll talk about it when we get there.
  • Lanky Kong - Teetering Turtle Trouble: I already said that the temple at the end and the temple where Tiny was imprisoned were good enough to stay. And I did like matching the sounds in the llama temple, so the other golden banana will face its removal. Not that it's bad, but it's not as good.
  • Tiny Kong - Lava jumping: Some would say that the beetle race should be removed, but I do like the idea of having a coin collecting mission in every level, so this one will have to go. But the section wouldn't be removed.
  • Chunky Kong - Busy Barrel Barrage: I believe that I said that Speedy Swing Sortie and Minecard Mayhem are the only two bonus stages where you can see your kong that I would like to keep. Busy Barrel Barrage is seriously frustrating. But let's not remove the cage.

Missions to Change:

Once again, missions don't need to be changed other than the removal. But if there's one blueprint piece to move, it has got to be Chunky's, as it should be where Diddy's barrel once was.

Banana Medal Locations:

To access the boss stage, you should have theee banana medals in total, which means you only need to find two more.

• Donkey Kong - behind the temple of the five golden bananas.
  • Diddy Kong - inside the cage where the dodo bird once was (you have to fly through the ring at the top three times to do this).
  • Lanky Kong - over the pool where a bonus barrel once was.
  • Tiny Kong - inside the lava chamber where the golden banana once was.
  • Chunky Kong - inside the cage where a bonus barrel once was.

Other Changes:

At the end of the tunnel where Stealthy Snoop once was, there should be five to six lights and five to six instrument pads. In addition, that same tunnel should have the banana fairy instead of Tiny's section in the last temple.

Bonus Golden Banana:

Just like what I said about the five instrument pads, all five or six kongs need to play their instruments to turn on the lights. When all five or six lights are on, a golden banana should appear.

Back