• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Doubt to get Animal Crossing: NL

excalinator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hi guys,

Actually I have to be honest; I never played a game in the AC franchise. Why? Because it's a game where there aren't any objective or storyline and I don't like games like the sims, or simulator games. Still, AC is keep getting me curious, especially because all my friends are so euphoric about it. Could someone convince me about this concern? :)

Just do it.

I think if you're interested enough to make an account and post on TBT, you're interested enough to play the game. AC is one of those games that can appeal to a wide audience, even non-gamers.
Despite the lack of a clear objective, NL will always have something to keep you occupied. You can easily burn a couple hours playing it and after awhile you'll start to create your own objectives for the game.

PLUS. You already have people to play with :D

If you don't like sims then it's going to be hard to convince you to get New Leaf. Your ''goals'' are basically just little routines you have for yourself and your town.

It appeals strongly to people who it appeals strongly to. It's that simple. It's not some magical game that draws in people. It's like why The Sims, or Sim City, etc have big followings; it's for people who are into those genres and almost nobody else.

What I'd suggest is try to try it out for free somehow either with a friend or at a store or something and see what you think.

Well, it actually does have quite a few objectives. It's just that in Animal Crossing, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. It doesn't force you to play a certain way. You just unlock things as you go and enjoy the non-linear gameplay.

If you don't like simulation games, I can't lie and say that you're going to love it. However, it's different than your typical sim game because of how cute and relaxing it is. It's a very lighthearted, enjoyable game that's easy to get sucked into. I don't even think of it as a simulation game because of how laid back it is.

Animal Crossing is completely different from a simulation game. I know. I hate most simulation games. But I love NL.

"I'm a big Nintendo fan (Which AC is a part of)" - excalinator

I read it as, I'm a big Nintendo fan, and Animal Crossing also happens to be from Nintendo.

ahhhh, now I get it, haha. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Anyway, I think everyone here would recommend AC to you :) Maybe you could rent the game and try it out before you buy?

I don't like Sims at all, but I like this game. I don't think whether or not you like Sims or not makes up your mind of whether you should play it or not.

I remember when I was like you, and probably worse. Everyone was telling me that Animal Crossing was the best game ever and I should buy it. But I always thought it was lame because you live in a village and talk to animals... It had a weird name. And there was many more reasons.

After a while, someone finally convinced me to buy Animal Crossing Wild World. I liked the game from day one, played it for nearly 4-5 years. It prompted me to check out Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Wii.

And now I am here. Playing New Leaf.

You know, I get it! I have a hard time playing singleplayer minecraft, sims 3, etc, I keep walking rounds and I'm like, now what... Buuuut I adore animal crossing! I still walk rounds through my town sometime but then I see a bug that I want, or someone to talk to, or I could go fishing, or I just quit my game! There's only so much you can do in a day, it's not meant to be played all day all night (you could if you wanted to, but some things just take time). But checking in everyday seeing your progress, bonding with your neighbours, you really grow to love your town!

I think animal crossing is a must buy, I highly doubt you'll regret it, especially if you have friends who play it, you can check up on each other's progress and play games, trade, bla bla.

Just buy it, 'cos:

YOLO

'Nuf said.

I remember when I was like you, and probably worse. Everyone was telling me that Animal Crossing was the best game ever and I should buy it. But I always thought it was lame because you live in a village and talk to animals... It had a weird name. And there was many more reasons.

After a while, someone finally convinced me to buy Animal Crossing Wild World. I liked the game from day one, played it for nearly 4-5 years. It prompted me to check out Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Wii.

And now I am here. Playing New Leaf.
Yeah!! That totally reminded me! I thought the name of the game was SO weird and I couldn't understand why it sounded so awkward and strange.

Back