• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Downloading ACNL from the E-shop?

xStarie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey guys!

I've heard from some people that downloading full games from the e-shop on your 3ds causes the game to be laggy, and has bugs or issues with it...

I was wondering if someone has had personal experience at this or has some kind of advantages/disadvantages with this...? I'm just curious since I think I might get the ACNL 3ds xl, and I just want to make sure the pre-installed game that comes on the system will be fine to play.

Thanks ^^

The issues mentioned could happen so rarely I'm willing to believe they're nothing but myths. Seems like whoever said that isn't experienced on downloadable retail games enough. The downloadable version plays as fine as the physical does, if not slightly better. Just be sure your SD Card works well.

It is true that quite a few who initially bought the downloadable had problems. However, they did provide a patch which may have solved some issues; If the corruption is a long running thing, you will always have the option of removing it from your SD card etc. and redownloading it which will fix any long running issues you have. Which may come in handy because if you damage your cartridge it will most likely stay faulty.

The only "lag" you might experience with the downloaded version is just the loading on the home screen as the SD card loads up. If you have a higher class SD card this might be less of a problem, if you can really call that a problem in the first place.

I planned on downloading the game, will it run fine with the default SD Card for the 3DS XL with nothing on it besides the software+some other necessary things? I heard the SD Card can slow down if you load it full of junk, which makes sense, since it isn't like a solid state or something.

I planned on downloading the game, will it run fine with the default SD Card for the 3DS XL with nothing on it besides the software+some other necessary things? I heard the SD Card can slow down if you load it full of junk, which makes sense, since it isn't like a solid state or something.

Long as you have enough space for the game it should be fine, how big is the SD card for the XL? The standard 3DS (which is what I have) only comes with a 2GB card, I want to say the XL comes with a 4GB card but I'm not sure....

Personally I upgraded to a 16GB card, unless I buy a ton of digital retail games, I'm not going to run out of space for a long time.
Great SD cards are pretty cheap if you know where to look.

As for lag with digital games, I haven't seen it, I have a digital copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and I've had no problems with it.

This doesn't make alot of sense, a 3ds game cartridge is almost an exact replica of an SD card. They should be the exact same. This lag was probably due to a corrupt download, in which case you can simply re-download it.

I will be downloading since I want to play AC every day without cartridge swapping.

This doesn't make alot of sense, a 3ds game cartridge is almost an exact replica of an SD card. They should be the exact same. This lag was probably due to a corrupt download, in which case you can simply re-download it.

I will be downloading since I want to play AC every day without cartridge swapping.

I'm getting the XL with the game preinstalled! Hopefully there won't be any special lag issues. Then again, the japanese release of the game had some bugs and glitches that should be fixed in the PAL/NTSC versions.

All of the games I have bought digitally run just fine. Fire Emblem and Ocarina of Time are relatively big games as well.

If I could choose, I personally would pick to have the physical copy. But I am getting the bundle which comes with the game.

Im going to be downloading it, I dont have any worries. People just need to get over this fear of something different. I mean we download virtual console games and never question how they are going to run..

I bought the eShop version of Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns today and it runs better on the 3DS XL that I have than the original cartridge version of the same game. Natsume went back and corrected the few bugs that made the original 3DS version (cartridge) crash or lag. So don't believe everything you read on the net.

Back