• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Dream Suite Review/Tour #1: Aika Village

Maycee

( ̄▽ ̄)/♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
White Cosmos
Hello there, and thanks for visiting my very first blog entry!
I'm hoping to post one dream tour per week, and these will vary from well-known towns to towns of users on this forum. However, since it's October, I decided that there's no better way to get into the Halloween spirit than visiting a rather well-known horror town... Aika Village, or Aika for short. The town's current dream address is 2D00-002A-49A0.

Now, if you've been on the Internet side of Animal Crossing at all in the last four years, you've probably at least heard of the town. There's a little girl, her evil doll, a maze of bushes, lots of symbolism... sound familiar? Most people have probably even visited the town once or twice (good thing it was re-uploaded with the new Welcome amiibo update!). Seeing as most people here have already seen the town way too many times, I'm going to be showing off some of the updates and adjustments that were added to the town as well as the main parts of the town (which are mostly interiors). Let's get started! (Warning: town contains disturbing content.)

tS5Jf9t.jpg
Upon entering the town, you'll find some strange patterns that appear to be moving around as you walk. You're also greeted with a gift, and inside is the infamous dolly who appears many times throughout the town.
I entered the first house after talking to the first Aika, who says something in Japanese. I have no idea what she's saying, unfortunately, but before the update people translated her words as "I love Mommy," or something to that effect. The word "Aika" also translates to mean something related to love or affection. Hmmm...

LJfDVVQ.jpg

znQ0gb1.jpg
There's the infamous birthday scene and playroom. Pretty basic. Here's something to ponder, though... the dollhouse in the playroom has a room inside it that looks similar to the downstairs room. Is this a coincidence?
Maybe. Or maybe not.

uNOeQsK.jpg
The town is a mess overall with not much to see outside. There were hundreds of dig spots, and I spent a lot of time digging up junk that probably didn't need to be dug up. There's a "maze" of bushes with tons of candy and other edible things scattered about... but is it really a good idea to eat that food off the ground?

pRfn9Y8.jpg
The next house is another maze, or at least that's what it's supposed to be.
But with the new update, you can now sit on the cushions meant to block your way, so it's kind of useless.

VWhsoIW.jpg
I looked through all the rooms in the maze house, some of which are new with the update. This one stood out as being particularly... odd. I don't know what to make of it. Here's a look at two of the other rooms:

NIoNC02.jpg

ex8wFDF.jpg

The gyroids in the desert-looking room were almost impossible to take good pictures of because they moved so darn fast. Also, those eyes in the back room are utterly terrifying-- probably the scariest part of the town.

SuzIoLE.jpg
Not too far from the police station is a graveyard with dolls buried in each grave. Before the update, there were doghouses in each grave, implying that the doll might have killed the girl's dog. Poor doggo.

YzzEkHU.jpg
In the third house, you're greeted by a doll with an axe along with a bunch of bookshelves and a high-pitched noise coming from a theremin. It was hard to get pictures inside the first room, but there's also a doll decked out in black hiding within the room.

t2mUAOG.jpg
This room likely represents the turn of phrase "walking on egghsells."

8s0C0zu.jpg
This room features some of the new Sanrio furniture, but I've never seen it displayed in a creepier way. Those fish look nasty.

8i2UP1a.jpg
This room was quite perplexing. What even is that thing on the father's head? Is it a dog? A sheep? I can't even tell. It's just plain weird.

OZl9cH9.jpg
The back room has torn-up pictures of Aika and her family. But what are those other pictures in the top corner? They certainly look more... realistic. I couldn't figure out what they were.

tSrZJTC.jpg
Here's the "Aika Cafe." A little disturbing, it reminds me of an abandoned cafe. There's just something awfully unsettling about it.

szoNMAw.jpg

XzcC6p5.jpg

8VU8nJd.jpg
Here's the same home from the beginning of the town, but definitely messier. Upstairs is possibly the most unsettling room in the home-- it implies the death of Aika's family. The back room is also opened up and you can see Aika trapped behind bars with that same doll.

I then headed down to the beach, a rather prominent part of the town. There were red shoes by the ocean. In Japan, it is tradition to remove shoes before committing suicide... I don't think I need to do any more explaining.

OHOyDRP.jpg
After swimming to the private beach, you'll find a grave that appears to be glowing. Buried beside it are a time capsule, creepy skeleton, and of course, the dolly.

6hk5A9c.jpg
One more thing worth noting is that all the villagers wear the same shirt as Aika. However, if you look on their backs, some of them have this odd design (possibly slashes/wounds with blood?) on them. The villagers also all have dolls in their houses. It's an interesting, yet nonetheless disturbing, touch.

That wrapped up my visit to the town, and I headed back to my town with only a mild fear of the dolls I may or may not have in storage. Heh. Overall, though, the town is very detailed (I didn't even cover everything there was to see!) and very well-done. Definitely worth a visit if you haven't already been there! There are also many theories floating around about the town-- some involving a doll gone rogue, Aika being mentally disabled, or claiming that the girl IS the doll-- but since there's no right or wrong interpretation of it all, I'd love to hear yours.

All that aside, if you enjoyed reading this entry, have constructive criticism for me, or if you'd like me to review your town in the same manner, let me know in the comments! I'm looking to visit any and all towns, but due to it being October, horror towns/towns set in fall will take priority. Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you back later!

Back