• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Dreaming?

DJStarstryker

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
One of the new features that New Leaf has that I don't get is how you can dream to visit other towns. I know HOW it works, but I just don't understand why this is a good thing. If it works like a dream, and you can't take stuff back with you... what's the benefits of it exactly? Is the only thing it's good for is just getting to see someone's town, and being able to do whatever you want in it without actually affecting that person's town (since it doesn't save)?

I'm just not really sure why I'd want to use this feature.

Edit: Oh, one thing I also wanted to know about this: can you use this feature multiplayer? Can more than 1 person visit the same dream town at once?

Are the animals you see in other people's towns "spirit animals" then?

Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

Sounds like an interesting feature though, I can understand why they'd implement it, if I went online in AC games more often I would probably cut down everybody's trees and just plant like "treasures" for them to find. With people like me out there you gotta have preventative measures.

I think it was just a nice fun feature added into the game to go see other people's towns and to let people see your town. The benefit: I don't know. Just for fun. Maybe there is stuff we don't know about it yet. You could also get ideas and inspiration from other people's town, though people will probably view this as being a copycat. And I don't know about the multiplayer but that would be fun :D

you can see how other people set up their towns and get ideas for your town,
you also meet Wendell who gives you artworks from their town in the dream world

you can see how other people set up their towns and get ideas for your town,
you also meet Wendell who gives you artworks from their town in the dream world

Oh, I didn't know about Wendell. Thanks!

I assume it will, but I hope the US and Japanese versions can work together as far as Street Pass goes. I'm getting the US version but I'm in Japan. Hoping I can take my game with me on the trains and Street Pass a whole bunch of people in Tokyo. Now that I think about it, it would be neat to see their towns while dreaming (and of course to have their houses in the plaza area).

I don't know a whole lot about the dream world o.o I do know that you can access it by a certain store in the shopping plaza. It seems like a cool feature to me since it's completely new to the series ^^ So I'm excited.

You needn't worry too much about streetpassing. As the Dreaming can function w/o streetpass through some kind of "Friend Code" system.

Edit: Oh, one thing I also wanted to know about this: can you use this feature multiplayer? Can more than 1 person visit the same dream town at once?

Nope. :c It would be fun if it were possible.

Back