drop your minecraft horror stories here

FRANS_PLAYER

coco // 🪢🌙🌻 // i'm up all night to get lucky
Bells
Green Star Fragment
i was bored and wondering if anyone else plays minecraft as obsessively as i do. been playing since i was very young and boy do i have a lot, this one sticks out in particular though...
my friends, who i'll be giving nicknames, all had a server together that i owned. one day last year we decided to go into the nether and made so many mistakes... ugh...
here's their "names" and a bit of background info so you can see exactly what we were dealing with
kara (any pronouns) played minecraft a lot and still does, but rarely survival. rarely touched the nether and knew nothing about the new update
melissa (they/them) played almost always in creative, childhood player as well, a natural pacifist and liked the decorating aspect better than fighting
emily (she/her) never played minecraft before this server, first time going into nether
coco - aka me (she/they) childhood minecraft player, way more seasoned in fighting, had a neutral stance towards nether
we stocked ourselves up with our best weapons, a few potions, gold to trade, etc. then went through the portal
emily began by attempting to trade with the piglins and didnt understand why she couldnt hit the pigmen. melissa was cutting down trees because they liked the wood and vines. kara and i were supervising everything.
it quickly went downhill.
the ghasts found us shortly and both emily and melissa were terrible at launching back the fireballs. i'd drunk a fire resistance potion and kara wandered off to trade with the piglins. as soon as i'd taken care of the ghasts, kara and i decided to go into the nether fortress, with emily following shortly behind. melissa was hiding and eating to recharge their health.
huge mistake.
emily didnt understand the wither skeletons at all and was quickly overwhelmed. kara was pretty bad at fighting them so all three of us resorted to running and barely evading all the lava. we got out to where melissa was bridging over the floating "islands" where all the trees and vines were.
melissa proceeded to fall 40 blocks to one of the islands in the middle of a pool of lava.
water doesnt work in the nether so the next half hour was purgatory of trying to find a way to reach them. the island was in a complicated place and we ourselves had to fight all sorts of mobs to even get a minute to plan. melissa wasnt doing well either and was getting more anxious as the minutes went by. we left emily to attempt to get melissa out and kara and i went back into the nether fortress, where kara was killed mere minutes later. i had barely enough room for his stuff so i was haphazardly throwing it in the chests scattered around the fortress.
melissa burned to death shortly after that and emily fell into lava trying to reach them. yikes.

One time I took a bed to the nether just to check if you could sleep there, and yeeeeah I think you know what happened to all my enchanted diamond weapons, tools, and armour.
i was using beds to mine for nether ingots and touched one, ran away (a significant amount) and the bed still managed to explode with such force i was instantly killed and lost all my high grade tools

once I built a nice little wooden home, I think it was supposed to be a church but I don't quite remember - anyway I put a fireplace in the basement and I went out to get more materials only to return to my house/church on fire

Another time my husband and I were playing in creative mode and he had to "hack in" a big mound of brown wool because for some reason it wasn't an option in creative mode at the time (this was 2011)

I have one, but its not really like a mistake, but instead someone had hacked into my server that I created idk how. They were killing all of my pets and creating a cemetery with signs and stuff trying to scare us, they would never stop making it rain, eventually, I reset my server, lost all the data, and the hacker was no longer there.

Back