• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

DustBunnii's Doodlez

Day Four of the POKEDEX Challenge was for a Poison Type.
I chose Grimer. This drawing was pretty quick and easy. I didn't feel like doing much shading with this one.
5fe0c638291e6760e2d40ce7a633b1d9-d5n5q4b.jpg

For Day 5 of the POKEDEX Challenge, I was originally going to draw Sandslash, but I felt like it would take up too much time, so I drew Cubone instead :p Outside of the ugly smudges, I think it turned out pretty cute
3bb0a0814b50df8e2e04f4b4622ab1b6-d5n9beq.jpg

Definitely think the Cubone is my favorite out of the five so far.

8368d9e117f96ff3d01db55dd9bd0930-d5ncpep.jpg
Today was Day 6 of the pokedex challenge, and the theme assigned for today was "rock type."
I picked Cranidos, mostly because I like how it looks compared to the other rock types. I'm trying to keep to pure types, where they don't have a secondary type. I'm going to fudge this a bit later because I don't like any of the pure types :p
But anyway. Things should be a bit more relaxed for me now that I'm pretty much done with my big projects and presentations. I'll probably continue using colored pencil due to the fact that it makes life easier for me.

If you take requests for the pokedex
Bug Type Pinser

I probably will not do requests, and I actually have a list of planned pokemon for the challenge; for bug type I was going to do caterpie, but I'll go ahead and draw Pinsir if I feel so inclined :3 we shall see~

Definitely think the Cubone is my favorite out of the five so far.
Cubone is one of my favorites too :3 I might go back and redraw it later because of how adorable it turned out

cranidos is really cute :)
Thanks! I think he turned out pretty cute too :)

For today was bug type, and I drew Caterpie, along with Pinsir as requested :D
dc0e332de00d0054273774ed3829c826-d5nfkeo.jpg

Last edited:
Today was day 8 of the pokedex challenge, and it called for a ghost type
so I drew Drifloon :D
I thought he was too simple by himself, so I threw in some candy canes to make things more holiday-ish.

ac6b7083f00d8bfe1162bf97033134f1-d5njkjf.jpg

lulz.
:3 glad you like them.
It's been quite some time since I've done this much drawing. I used to love it, but then I got sick of it (or perhaps I just got sick of myself...)
Needless to say, I'm enjoying it and I hope that I'll continue after this drawing challenge is done with.

I'm a day late with day 9, but here it is along with day 10, steel type Mawile and fire type Quilava
eb4de5da22bdf3a852ea6788ece55bab-d5ns674.jpg

13a59b193d0e1b3a167a29ffe8e459ec-d5nsa23.jpg

Enjoi~

I realized upon coming home for winter break that I don't have access to a scanner.
So unless I do them all digitally, I probably wont be able to post pictures of the next set of pokemon drawings for the pokedex challenge until next month :p
I think there's a scanner downstairs that I might be able to use, but I won't find out until tomorrow :D
Also, if I am able to use the scanner, I think I'm going to start posting the drawings every few days or so instead of every day. We shall seeeeee.

Sooo... I fell behind of the pokedex challenge, as expected. Not being able to scan in the drawings made me lose my motivation, lol. I might still do the rest of the drawings, they'll just be about a month late :p
I sort of feel like posting some of my older art that I did back in high school. All of them are on my deviant art. I don't feel like putting these onto my first post.

My OC Mora (aka "Ice Angel" before she got an actual name):
these are in the order that they were made, I think
Ice_Angel_by_Yosamu.jpg

Chibi_Ice_Angel_by_Yosamu.jpg

Ice_Angel_with_a_scythe_by_Yosamu.jpg

Hippy_Ice_by_Yosamu.jpg

K_kawaii_____by_Yosamu.jpg

Cannonball_by_Yosamu.jpg

5936af88c0d038674e1262f25d2b76e5-d3j3x6e.jpg

Mora is sort of a reflection of myself. When I made her in middle school, I was going through a "goth" phase and wanted blue hair.
Don't mind the bad anatomy with some of those. I didn't use references for a lot of them.

"Rainbow" Animals. These were my original plan for my concentration, but I realized that the zebra is pretty much the only animal with solid black stripes; most other animals that I could think of at the time have stripes that are a dark brown and that fade in with their main color, making it sort of difficult to achieve the contrast that I wanted.
Rainbow_Zebra_by_Yosamu.jpg

d6ad5e68c300aa5dbf83d5911f0aeeca-d3j3y3l.jpg

Rainbow_Cheetah_by_Yosamu.jpg

I apologize for the watermark on the cheetah. I didn't really have a good reason for it. It's not like I have any followers other than friends from school xD

Some misc. drawings
Blue_Fairy_by_Yosamu.jpg

The_Red_Fairy_by_Yosamu.jpg

Half_a_Cup_of_Tea_by_Yosamu.jpg

Those aren't all of my drawings, and a lot of my drawings from before my last couple of years in high school are in sketch books somewhere in the house. I'm not going to scan those unless I feel like showing what my art looked like when I first really got into drawing.

I really like your art! I especially like your "Rainbow Animals", they remind me a bit of Lisa Frank's work!

I love your Mora drawings! I'm a bit gothic too on the inside.

I really like your art! I especially like your "Rainbow Animals", they remind me a bit of Lisa Frank's work!

I love your Mora drawings! I'm a bit gothic too on the inside.
Thanks~ I'm pretty much out of that "gothic" phase now, but I still feel very attached to Mora. I would like to draw her again sometime because her design has changed a bit (mostly with the clothes) and I've even sort of created a world for her to exist in and she has a bit of a background story now. Some parts of that story are still a bit iffy, but I've got a general idea.

In other news, a few days before coming back to school I did a couple of watercolor drawings/paintings of 2 more pokemon for the Pokedex challenge. Right after coming home for break, I did a few sketches as well (they still need to be colored though...). I'll probably have those uploaded in the next couple of days... maybe. Depends on how I'm feeling I guess, lol. Either way, I now have access to my scanner.
This evening, I decided to move on to the next pokemon in the challenge, which was Day 16 Dragon Type. I chose to draw Dragonite.
9af99cbd2e66aa7b00ca6bbd93efb2fd-d5rmyuz.jpg
I probably should have done some highlighting along with the shading, but I'm not too great with highlighting and I think it looks alright with just the shading anyway :3 I also think his foot looks sorta weird... but I wasn't sure what to do about it. Oh well~

Thanks~ I'm pretty much out of that "gothic" phase now, but I still feel very attached to Mora. I would like to draw her again sometime because her design has changed a bit (mostly with the clothes) and I've even sort of created a world for her to exist in and she has a bit of a background story now. Some parts of that story are still a bit iffy, but I've got a general idea.

In other news, a few days before coming back to school I did a couple of watercolor drawings/paintings of 2 more pokemon for the Pokedex challenge. Right after coming home for break, I did a few sketches as well (they still need to be colored though...). I'll probably have those uploaded in the next couple of days... maybe. Depends on how I'm feeling I guess, lol. Either way, I now have access to my scanner.
This evening, I decided to move on to the next pokemon in the challenge, which was Day 16 Dragon Type. I chose to draw Dragonite.
9af99cbd2e66aa7b00ca6bbd93efb2fd-d5rmyuz.jpg
I probably should have done some highlighting along with the shading, but I'm not too great with highlighting and I think it looks alright with just the shading anyway :3 I also think his foot looks sorta weird... but I wasn't sure what to do about it. Oh well~
Aww Dragonite looks so cute in this drawing! I like it!

Aww Dragonite looks so cute in this drawing! I like it!

Thanks! :)

I don't think I'm going to finish the challenge xD

About a month ago I started a drawing of my OC Mora. I don't know if I'll actually finish it so I figured that I would at least post the WIP with my to-do doodles hanging out around it xD
Like I said, it's not finished, so it would probably look better if I did finish it:
MoraWIP_zps26272b1b.jpg
Some of the bigger things that I'm wanting to nitpick at (but probably won't change): legs are too short, face isn't really to my liking, the outfit itself is kinda meh, and I want to make the overall shape of the hair a bit different, too... the pose is also a bit meh, but I couldn't find any stock images that had poses that I liked. Speaking of stock, this is the stock image that I used.

Things that I still need to do with it: shading of the clothes, body and hair; detailing on the clothes; make-up... little dragon on her shoulder, perhaps?

Like I said, I don't know if I'll ever actually come back to this and finish it (I probably won't). We'll see. Hope you like it anyway. It's something other than pokemon xD

Also, if you have any color suggestions or suggestions for her outfit as a whole, I'll take them and if I ever come back to the drawing, I just might implement them if I like them.

I also still have the actual sketch, so if I end up not liking the digital one, I might go back and play around with a traditionally made version of the pic... we'll see....

Last edited:
Back