• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ehh...

Swancheez

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
still trying...

style.png

Don't present your work like you don't like it and think it is inferior. I know you are really just fishing for more compliments by having people try and reinforce your own image of your work. In short, don't criticize your work while presenting it, it's really obvious you just want people to praise it more than it deserves. I'm not making any statement about the actual piece of work, just that you shouldn't present it in this fashion. If you really did not think it was good enough, you wouldn't post it.

Mino said:
Don't present your work like you don't like it and think it is inferior. I know you are really just fishing for more compliments by having peopletry and reinforce your own image of your work. In short, don't criticize your work while presenting it, it's really obvious you just want people to praise it more than it deserves. I'm not making any statement about the actual piece of work, just that you shouldn't present it in this fashion. If you really did not think it was good enough, you wouldn't post it.
He just wants others' opinions on it. You don't always like what others may.

He's just voicing his opinion on it before other do. :|

Mino said:
Don't present your work like you don't like it and think it is inferior. I know you are really just fishing for more compliments by having people try and reinforce your own image of your work. In short, don't criticize your work while presenting it, it's really obvious you just want people to praise it more than it deserves. I'm not making any statement about the actual piece of work, just that you shouldn't present it in this fashion. If you really did not think it was good enough, you wouldn't post it.
actually, I think it sucks and the reason I am posting it is because I want some constructive criticism.
If I posted everything that I thought was godly, then I would never really get any better because I would never want to change the work.

I don't fish for praise, this tag just really sucks, or at least compared to some of my older works.

Swancheez said:
Mino said:
actually, I think it sucks and the reason I am posting it is because I want some constructive criticism.
If I posted everything that I thought was godly, then I would never really get any better because I would never want to change the work.

I don't fish for praise, this tag just really sucks, or at least compared to some of my older works.
If you want constructive criticism, say so, don't tear down your own work in hopes that someone else will build it back up for you.

Mino said:
Swancheez said:
Mino said:

If you want constructive criticism, say so, don't tear down your own work in hopes that someone else will build it back up for you.
You should really try calming down once in a while. :rolleyes:

But anyway, where would you ever get the impression that he posted it here in hopes that someone would like it so he could feel better about it himself. He clearly explained why he posted it.

You have the right idea, but the background doesn't match/fit the render that well. The render was a good choice though. Oh, and I like the border ;).

Super_Naruto said:
You have the right idea, but the background doesn't match/fit the render that well. The render was a good choice though. Oh, and I like the border ;).
Thanks

;)
Ya, I was testing out a new style, and I've used so many of my stocks, I had to try a new one

:p
But I can see what you are saying. This render definitely does seem to need a more vibrant or more active background with more vibrant effects...I guess I didn't notice that before...
thanks!

Flygon said:
Mino said:
Don't present your work like you don't like it and think it is inferior. I know you are really just fishing for more compliments by having peopletry and reinforce your own image of your work. In short, don't criticize your work while presenting it, it's really obvious you just want people to praise it more than it deserves. I'm not making any statement about the actual piece of work, just that you shouldn't present it in this fashion. If you really did not think it was good enough, you wouldn't post it.
He just wants others' opinions on it. You don't always like what others may.

He's just voicing his opinion on it before other do. :|
If he wants our opinions, why does he freak out like a lonely thirteen year old whenever we tell him we don't like his work? I've been nothing but kind with my criticism, and he acts like I'm stabbing him in the throat. Apparently there is no such thing as "Constructive" criticism on this board.

Look, just forget about it:

If you're trying to give constructive criticism to someone make sure your post will actually help him/her in the end.

And if you're going to post your work, ask for criticism, don't just say you think it's bad.

Mino said:
And if you're going to post your work, ask for criticism, don't just say you think it's bad.
When you post a topic with a sig in it, you usually want it criticised/C+Ced.

Flygon said:
Mino said:
When you post a topic with a sig in it, you usually want it criticised/C+Ced.
Says who?

Swancheez said:
Super_Naruto said:
Thanks

;)
Ya, I was testing out a new style, and I've used so many of my stocks, I had to try a new one

But I can see what you are saying. This render definitely does seem to need a more vibrant or more active background with more vibrant effects...I guess I didn't notice that before...
thanks!
Hey, also another tip. Just ignore the members who like to try to put you down and bring themselves up, since they don't know right from wrong. And do you see what I mean with the background, it just doesn't seem to match, with a different background the sig would be great.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Super_Naruto said:
Swancheez said:
Super_Naruto said:
Thanks

;)

thanks!
Hey, also another tip. Just ignore the members who like to try to put you down and bring themselves up, since they don't know right from wrong. And do you see what I mean with the background, it just doesn't seem to match, with a different background the sig would be great.
my god, you have to try to make everyone other then yourself look like crap in every single thread?
Honestly, you seem to think your a king and we're peasants.

Back