• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ejecting cartidge by accident >:(

Great idea Kurisu1701!
I'll look for a case tomorrow that gives my 3DSXL an extra protective lip of covering over the slot.
Hopefully this will prevent my long skinny fingers from ever touching the cartridge :D

Edit: The XL is able to have charms attached now that I look closer at it. That actually might be a better idea since this way it doesn't add to the size of it.

If you have a Wii or a WiiU, you could use one of the wrist straps. I have a black wrist strap from my circle pad pro attached to my 3ds still. That might be a sturdier alternative to pull your 3ds out of your pocket!

Tired and I cant find the article, but personally almost everyone I know who's game has been corrupted in some way has had the downloaded version, I think only three that I know of had a cartridge problem. Plus, there are plenty of other reasons for having a physical copy is so much better.
I've had it since June 9th and have experienced no corruption issues thus far. Most corruption issues are from powering down improperly (ex. while saving).

If your 3DS gets damaged beyond repair you will lose your game. They also reserve the right to disable the ability to download again at any time.
This doesn't concern me, I take very good care of my Pikachu 3DS XL.

If your old 3DS is broken/lost/stolen you have to purchase another copy of all your games. All of the digital content is tied to the console itself (even though it shows up on your Nintendo account). You can opt to send in a broken 3DS for repair and regain your data that way. The charge is somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 USD for this service (unless you're under warranty).
Again, I'm not worried about it being damaged. New Leaf is my only digital download game, and for a reason.

Saving the game to an SD card does not make the game transferable. You can only transfer the game using the 3DS to 3DS transfer. Again, the game is registered to the console and not to the storage device.
I'm not transferring my game anywhere.

Nintendo will not replace lost or stolen content. If you own a 3DS with hundreds of dollars worth of digital content and it is lost or stolen, you're out of luck.
Mine does not have hundreds of dollars worth of digital content, maybe about $40. Even so, I am not worried about it being lost or stolen.

Also keep in mind that in the future you may want to play NL. If you have a digital copy and it's no longer available to download you're out your money.
I will still have my 3DS.

Acting smug over which version of the game you own? Come on, people....
Don't take things so seriously, my friend. :)

Little side note, I'm only doing this because I'm bored; not to argue or prove that digital is better. People have their reasons, and I chose digital for many. I'm not going to waste my time typing out the reasons why I got digital, as they may not apply to everyone.

The GIF was funny, but I certainly didn't intend for this thread to be about the benefits/disadvantages of digital content from Nintendo.
IMHO, Nintendo has the worst online infrastructure for purchased digital games in comparison to Sony, Microsoft, Google's Play Store, Apple's App Store,*Valve's Steam... heck I'd go so far to say that it is embarrasing that Nintendo is one of few companies that do not allow it's customers to redownload their games without some ridiculous hassle.

BUT! This is not what this topic is about. You want to throw money at Nintendo's crappy online store? Go for it.
Anywho, I will definitely look into either a case or a wrist strap/charm of some kind.

Anywho, I will definitely look into either a case or a wrist strap/charm of some kind.

A friend of mine has charms on her 3ds and I find it really annoying when I've used her 3ds. They basically hang into my hands and I'm constantly adjusting them. I would go with a simple, soft wrist strap (it is convenient for grabbing it though!)

Little side note, I'm only doing this because I'm bored; not to argue or prove that digital is better. People have their reasons, and I chose digital for many. I'm not going to waste my time typing out the reasons why I got digital, as they may not apply to everyone.

Exactly, sometimes its just a matter of how you use things and your environment, etc. And sometimes just the enjoyment and familiarity of having a physical copy to hold in your hands n.n

The GIF was funny, but I certainly didn't intend for this thread to be about the benefits/disadvantages of digital content from Nintendo.
IMHO, Nintendo has the worst online infrastructure for purchased digital games in comparison to Sony, Microsoft, Google's Play Store, Apple's App Store,*Valve's Steam... heck I'd go so far to say that it is embarrasing that Nintendo is one of few companies that do not allow it's customers to redownload their games without some ridiculous hassle.

BUT! This is not what this topic is about. You want to throw money at Nintendo's crappy online store? Go for it.

I agree, nintendo needs to up their game, and add some common sense features to their shop, and I'm sure in the future they will instead of everything relying on your device instead of your actual account.
Its more like a friendly debate though, not really anything else haha, sorry!

ALL THE TIME. Sometimes also happens when it's floating around in my bag.
It helped when I had a case on it, so the case stuck out a bit and the end of the cartridge wasn't level with the 3ds, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
I don't believe that digital copies have higher risk of corruption. Doesn't really make sense to me. :rolleyes: Plus least digital versions have a backup option that you can do manually, only downside is you have to backup after every save or the backup is obsolete. If I had a cartridge and it corrupted I'd be completely out of luck compared to my digital version. Mint said her backup saved her Japanese town from corruption before (which is good because she said that the japanese version corrupts a lot).

It's happened to me a few times with my 3dsxl. Enough to put me into the habit of saving any time I sleep the 3ds.
You'd think that, similar to the Vita, and the 3ds's own SD card slot, that the cartridge would be protected by a little door.
Somewhere I saw an adapter that clipped on the back of the 3ds, that did protect the cartridge slot.
I will look for the link again.

I had this happen once about two weeks ago, the cartridge pooped out while it was in my backpack. I freaked out and then realised I have the downloaded version and the game that popped out was fire emblem, not AC. :)

I use a wrist strap to pull it out of my pockets or simply push it up from the bottom out of my pockets. But sometimes I do worry about it popping out when I leave it in my backpack UmU

Luckily, nothing too severe happened to your game.

Back