• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

eShop ACNL

Lilnoo

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
ど
I am getting a Nintendo 3DS for Christmas, can i get ACNL in the Japanese version on the Europe/English DS?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The 3ds games have region lock meaning if you want to buy acnl (the japanese version) you would have to buy a japp.3ds

No the only way to get the Japanese version on a 3ds is to have a Japanese 3ds. There is a region lock on both cartridges and downloads.

To play Japanese 3DS games (retail, eShop Downloads, DSiWare), you must own a Japanese system. If you really want the game so bad, import yourself one (usually costs a bit more than the system from your region), and finally download the game (around $63 CAD) before NA/EU release. I strongly suggest you already learned Japanese before doing so.

It's interesting to note that a few 3DS games actually allow you to play local multiplayer between systems with different regions, but I don't know what those games. Also, all DS games are region-free.

Back