• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fake Artwork...

Fake and real art look slightly different look it up on google and theres a few websites that show you real and fake for each piece of art I never have a problem with buying fakes now.

I don't plan on buying art from villagers in the future. They can't tell if it's real or fake, and it's probably just an overpriced fake.

I never could tell in the past if the paintings were real or not. Now you have four to choose from, and if you don't have a guide like the one linked or a good knowledge and visual memory of the paintings, you get cheated pretty easy.

Too bad you can only buy a painting a week.

Fake and real art look slightly different look it up on google and theres a few websites that show you real and fake for each piece of art I never have a problem with buying fakes now.

I provided the link in the OP. Thats the best one I could find anyway.

First i've heard of this...?

YOU GUYS!!!!! If Redd has a shiny yellow sparkle come across his face while hes trying to sell you a painting thats how u know its fake! like when hes telling u the price and a sparkle shines by his face

I don't plan on buying art from villagers in the future. They can't tell if it's real or fake, and it's probably just an overpriced fake.

I never could tell in the past if the paintings were real or not. Now you have four to choose from, and if you don't have a guide like the one linked or a good knowledge and visual memory of the paintings, you get cheated pretty easy.

I discovered this morning that the manual (the one that is right on the 3ds) has a list of the artwork and their real names so you can search them on the Internet.

YOU GUYS!!!!! If Redd has a shiny yellow sparkle come across his face while hes trying to sell you a painting thats how u know its fake! like when hes telling u the price and a sparkle shines by his face

Can anyone else confirm this??

People have said that about Redd's sparkle in every game. It's pretty much just a rumor.

Besides, we have obvious differences between fakes and real paintings now. Even if that DID work in past games (which it didn't, I had him do the sparkle once and got a real painting from him), there would be no need for it now since they already show us what's fake.

I'm almost tempted to purposely get a fake so I can put it in my house guilt free.

I've been lucky enough to get a real painting from Redd and a couple from villagers. I'm always afraid to buy from them, though. Some of the offerings have been 8,000 bells. D: I could always make that back in a couple minutes...guess it doesn't matter. Time to buy everything!

Back