Favorite films by Pixar?

Oooh this is a fun question! I would say my favorite favorite Pixar movie is WALL-E, followed by Ratatouille for second, and Monsters University third. I liked the first Monsters Inc SO much and then the sequel completely blew me out of the water. (which doesn't often happen, I must say.)

But Wall-E is so good. I watched it in theatres when I was like 8 and it changed my life it didn't vocally say much but It definite made me really passionate about conservation, pollution, and green tech.

Wall-E and Up are some of my favourite movies of all time, I absolutely love them, aside from being Pixar films. I also love the Toy Story franchise, especially 2 and 3.

Ah gawd, here we go.
I used to watch A LOT of pixar when growing up, constantly watching films such as A bugs life, finding nemo, monsters inc and toy story.
Also wanna say how amazing this site is showing all the pizar films and years they came out.

A bugs life:
Probably one of my all time favourites as a child. I like to think it was because of the simple and lovable characters. The sound design in this one was fantastic. Like, omg, it's so good hearing splatters of rain, or fruit, their feet on the gravel, everything was very thought out. They used less on backgrounds and more on the tiny aspects. Also has an amazing villiian. That seed is a single ant scene was wonderful, really shows what kind of villian we're dealing with here.

Toy Story 1 & 2
Special place in my heart as a child. I too was extremely into playing with toys, so they definitely had a grand idea for kids at the time. Woody is still my overall fav in the films. The plots for these two were so great, and it was great that you definitely felt like they were easily connected and didn't remove any development from the characters in the second movie.

Mr Incredibles
What a fun, loving, family focused super hero movie! I probably didn't understand some of the stuff as a child, but it's nice rewatching it will an older look to it. And the more you think of it, how realistic it was when they didn't have a lot of technology but still realistic enough to show what happens to super heroes when they have to go into hiding.
(Not gonna go into why the second movie was a drop, or like I had hoped the kids were aged up, but just wanted to say how smart their mr incredibles 2 poster is, tis a shame the movie wasnt as good)

Finding nemo
Another childhood story I watched a lot! Which is crazy cause I don't really enjoy water/underwater stuff. The sound design when they swam was really lovely to listen to. And it was nice to see a movie about a widowed father plunging into his fears to get his son back.

Monsters Inc
Another another, childhood film, maybe because I loved all the different monsters and Boo. The door mechanic is such a clever idea. They did have a lot of clever ideas for these films back in the day.
Also, Monsters University at first wasnt my cup of tea but I have started to really enjoy the idea it serves and seeing how the relationship between the two main characters.

Walle
How can they make a living dumpster so lovable? So cute, so ambitious? Plus with a future message of what could happen if we dont fix how we do things for earth? Walle will be 20 years old by the time we get to 2028.

Up
If theres a world record for films getting you to cry in just the ten min mark, this will be it. A unique telling of how far love will go, plus having such an old protagonist for a childnre's film! We love to see it.
I wish we kinda understood more about the area Kevin came from, if its so bad you get lost in there, it really interests me!

Brave
Ah yus, if scotland and disney had a baby. This is that wee baby.
Honestly enjoyed it, there may be people who probably saw disneys brother bear but both films have a different message. And glad to see a princess who doesn't need a prince at all in the film for it to work out. Hope we see Merida again. You could still use the wisps to show her something else. Some more scottish lore and myths maybe?

The good dinosaur
Honestly not as loved as I think it should be? Such amazing and brilliant deaign and the water LOOKS like REAL WATER. Found out they dropped their camera in the river when exploring for inspiration and it worked out for them!
Also the main dino was more different to the scenery because of how out of place he is in the world. But damn is that world pretty. I think I really enjoyed the accents for the characters. Really interesting.
Loved the trexs, and omg that 'storm provides' scene, I was in the cinema watching this, and that specific scene where they find that lil critter, there was a kid sitting infront of me. omg. I remember the mum quickly trying to cover their eyes. Gawd I may watch it tonight.

Coco
The first time I watched this was flying over to Mexico to visit family. The beautiful believes on life after death is so lovely here. And I think what gets me more, is coco and her losing her memory. Thats something I find so heartbreaking.

Soul
Another beautiful and creative look in death and life and omg. The music, background music for when its so emotional just hits me so deep. The fact how its literally just saying, just look around you, just experience the happnies life has to offer you. GAHHHH

I feel like Onward would've been better as a series than a film. You have this big wide fantasy world and we only explore parts of it, and I feel like if the adventure didn't have a clear path we could've seen and understoof the world a bit more.
I ahven't seen Buzz Lightyear, but haven't heard great things, which is a shame since the character was a literal real person in the toy stories, I didn't get that as a child but now I do.

Sorry its so long, I just really love talking about these stories and films.

Back