• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Favorite Time of Music?

Hamusuta, please link to the extended versions of the songs as they are higher quality and have no background sound effects or audio glitches.

Lets see. I've never listened to all of them, so I think I'll do that now! I'll just comment on all them as I hear them.

12 AM: This one is okay. Atmospheric. Calm and soothing.
1 AM: I really love how soft and peaceful this one is.
2 AM: This one's meh for me. It really doesn't do a whole lot. Feels sleepy.
3 AM: I like this one. It's not as sleepy as the last hour. Has a bit of a held back bounciness to it.
4 AM: It feels like this music wants to be a little creepy or mysteriously airy like the nighttime theme of Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess. A little odd to me, since I think 1 or 2 would be better for this since the morning will be coming soon.
5 AM: I like this theme. It's really relaxing. I just hate the way it has the tropical instrument playing in it, feeling like I should be on the island instead of in my town.
6 AM: I'm not a fan of this one. It feels like another sleepy way early in the morning song. Maybe this should have been switched with 5 Am but that song felt like "good morning! Enjoy this pleasant tune!" and this one is more "the day is still sleeping. Have fun."
7 AM: This one's a good morning song. Still kind of slow but rather pretty and inviting. Something you'd sip coffee to and look out at the sun rising.
8 AM: This one isn't that bad. Get up and move music. But agh, those tropical steel drum sounds. |:
9 AM: I like this one too, but it really doesn't do a whole lot for me beyond play the main theme of New Leaf.
10 AM: This music's pretty silly! The bounciness of the notes is nice, but it still seems kinda sleepy for a song so late in the morning.
11 AM: This is what good morning music should sound like! Comfortable and wont rock you around while working but not sleepy to make you feel like crawling back into bed! How appropriate that it's the last morning song. xD
12 PM: This is a lovely afternoon song! A good introduction to the afternoon. Upbeat, let's get this day really moving!
1 PM: I'll never be able to like a 1PM song outside Population Growing. :p They took away the cat song.
2 PM: Another sleepy song. Kinda odd to me.
3 PM: This is certainly the most unique song so far. I'm not sure what to call it, but it's not bad at all!
4 PM: I'm not sure I really like this one. It's... strange.
5 PM: This reminds me of Population Growing's soundtrack. I really, really like it. :3
6 PM: I like this. It sounds like a start to the evening song. Though the effects in it are a little odd to me. Since I don't know instruments and other musical things well, it's hard to explain.
7 PM: I really don't like how this song sounds. It makes a good sun going down song, but I just don't like it.
8 PM: This one is very nice for the time of day it's at. Calming and quite to help me settle into the nighttime.
9 PM: This one's not as good as the last one, but it's interesting for a night time theme. It sort of reminds me of the Goron City's theme in Ocarina of Time.
10 PM: This one is really weird. xD I'd expect an odd song like this to play in the wee hours of the morning! It's not a bad weird though.
11 PM: I really, REALLY, like how soothing and calming this is... I could easily fall asleep to this song. I think I found my favorite hourly song.

You linked to the WW/CF soundtrack, and I'm the one that got the NL soundtrack added to the site. Also, I hated the Gamecube 1 PM song with a burning passion. I never played at that time cause I found the music annoying and unfitting. The cat noises were completely unnecessary and added nothing. To be honest, most of PG's soundtrack didn't fit except for 5-9 PM and 12 PM, but 1 PM was both unfitting and unenjoyable in my personal opinion.

:p Well that's your opinion. I loved PG's 1PM music and every song from that game seemed to be much more interesting than any of the songs from WW/CF. Besides 8PM. That one always felt really romantic to me for some reason. That's the only reason it stood out against all the other bland songs from WW.

PG 1PM will always be the best AC song to me~♥

Hamusuta, please link to the extended versions of the songs as they are higher quality and have no background sound effects or audio glitches.

lol yeah theres one vid that has the whole day from 5am-4-am, and 7am is TERRIBLE!! XD So many cutouts and awful sounds lol... Theres also flowing water and crickets and sounds of villagers walking on fall grass through the whole thing lol

but yeah now that i think of it and single my opinion of the sound track out a little, 10am, 11am, 8pm, and 10pm are my favorites.

:p Well that's your opinion. I loved PG's 1PM music and every song from that game seemed to be much more interesting than any of the songs from WW/CF. Besides 8PM. That one always felt really romantic to me for some reason. That's the only reason it stood out against all the other bland songs from WW.

PG 1PM will always be the best AC song to me~♥

I think that status, to me, goes to 2 AM from ACWW. It's just so perfect in every way and is still more beautiful than NL's 1 AM to me. Though as a whole, I like NL's soundtrack the best. The songs are short and not all of them are fun to listen to, but when you're playing they NEVER get repetitive and fit the times perfectly.

Oh, for you.

I agree with you Jimmy. The 1 PM was so annoying that I didn't play at that time, and also did not fit in that hour whatsoever.

I will miss the old 2 and 3 AM from Wild World though.

I think that status, to me, goes to 2 AM from ACWW. It's just so perfect in every way and is still more beautiful than NL's 1 AM to me. Though as a whole, I like NL's soundtrack the best. The songs are short and not all of them are fun to listen to, but when you're playing they NEVER get repetitive and fit the times perfectly.

Oh, for you.

Sounds like the happy part of a Studio Ghibli movie!

I like a lot of them, but the one that caught my heart was 5pm.
It reminded me so much of the gamecube game, and it's so relaxing, I could be listening to that song for hours.

I think I like 6 PM and 8 AM the most. Maybe 1 AM and 4 AM too.
I dislike 9 PM, because the bass instrument is too consistent.

Hi,

I know I've replied before, but I thought I'd update:

After playing a couple hours around 2 a.m. this morning (while the neighbor's dog threw a fit), I've decided that the 3 a.m. music is definitely among my favorites. There's something about it that I find simultaneously calming and yet compelling.

Then again, that might just be the sleep deprivation talking. :p

Seriously though, the entire soundtrack is beautiful.
~ Marie

Hi,

I know I've replied before, but I thought I'd update:

After playing a couple hours around 2 a.m. this morning (while the neighbor's dog threw a fit), I've decided that the 3 a.m. music is definitely among my favorites. There's something about it that I find simultaneously calming and yet compelling.

Then again, that might just be the sleep deprivation talking. :p

Seriously though, the entire soundtrack is beautiful.
~ Marie

I must say, 3 AM is a beauty. However, I dislike the space with percussion only. They should have added an instrument to fill that space in - for example; an accordion.

The 3 AM in Wild World is just lovely. Staying up until 3 just to hear the music was one of my memories.
I love the new soundtrack too, they all sound great.

Back