• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Features/Items that you wish New Leaf had

As far as I know, Kaitlin does not gift the music box anymore. Not sure if it can be obtain elsewhere in the game, but If not. I will miss it, and wish it was still offered.

As far as I know, Kaitlin does not gift the music box anymore. Not sure if it can be obtain elsewhere in the game, but If not. I will miss it, and wish it was still offered.

You CAN still obtain the music box. :) You have to bring one of K.K. Slider's "airchecks" and a seashell to Kaizo/Cyrus, and then he will make a music box for you.

It would be cool if there was a public works project where you could build a path for your town! You wouldn't have to place all those patterns, you wouldn't have to spend ages designing them because there would be multiple designs to choose from...

Wouldn't that be perfect? :D

All great ideas here!
I'd also like to be able to cook. Maybe the fish you catch? But I wouldn't want tha tyou like HAD to eat to keep your character healthy or something. I'd just like it for fun, not as a thing that you like had to do every day. Because that just wouldn't be AC anymore. That'd be like Sims or something..

I always thought that cooking would ruin the game, but now that I know how the job at the cafe works, I would like to see it happen. Of course only if it's for fun, not like in SIMS, where you need to eat in order to stay alive. :D

It would be so cute if you could cook meals for the animals in your town and invite them to eat it with you. Each animal would have its own favourite food, just like in harvest moon.

However, I do not like the crop-idea. This is too harvest moon-ish. Berry bushes sounds better.

And of course, I would like to see the sports fair & the morning aerobics back. Wisp the ghost, the SNES-mini-games and the voice chat need a comeback, too. :)

I love some of the ideas in this thread, especially the little detail of the hose causing villagers to trip. You could leave it looping around the houses of villagers you don't like. xP

I wish the little diary returned, you could hide it under a pillow on a bed in your house and visitors could sneak in a read it provided you aren't in the house at the time.

I honestly can't think of anything else I want New Leaf to have currently. The game is already a massive upgrade from the previous ones. I don't want Nintendo to add too much, whereas the future installments will have nothing new and won't be worth buying. New Leaf seems to have just the right amount of content. Plenty of new and returning features, yet not overly expanded.

I think a cool feature could be that your town weather is the same as your weather (or that of whatever location you set it to). I was thinking this could've especially been done in City Folk with the Wii already having a weather channel.

I always wished there was some kind of weather prediction thing or something that would tell you what the weather was going to be like, and maybe more special things that happen according to how the weather is. I remember in the original, there seemed to be a lot more frequent bulletin posts about how the weather was going to be, and then they got much less frequent with the newer games. Maybe a weather app or a part of town hall where it's posted.
Also you really should be able to change your skin color so everyone can look the way they want to look and not be forced to be white, it's not very fair/progressive haha.

I always wished there was some kind of weather prediction thing or something that would tell you what the weather was going to be like, and maybe more special things that happen according to how the weather is. I remember in the original, there seemed to be a lot more frequent bulletin posts about how the weather was going to be, and then they got much less frequent with the newer games. Maybe a weather app or a part of town hall where it's posted.
Also you really should be able to change your skin color so everyone can look the way they want to look and not be forced to be white, it's not very fair/progressive haha.

There is a PWP that will tell you the weather in the future. Also, in past games, the TV had a weather station that would show the weather that was coming up.

My only wishes for the game are pretty simple, I wish contacts could be any color of the rainbow! I really wanted one of my characters to have red eyes, but when I found out the only contacts where natural colors I was a bit disappointed. Also, the skin color getting to be chosen without waiting hours to tan the way you want, and making it easier to get unwanted villagers to move out other than using the usual tactics of ignoring, pitfall-traps, and net-related violence.

My only wishes for the game are pretty simple, I wish contacts could be any color of the rainbow! I really wanted one of my characters to have red eyes, but when I found out the only contacts where natural colors I was a bit disappointed. Also, the skin color getting to be chosen without waiting hours to tan the way you want, and making it easier to get unwanted villagers to move out other than using the usual tactics of ignoring, pitfall-traps, and net-related violence.

I laughed so hard at your ending line xD. I completely agree with you about the skin and eye color bit. It would've been nice if we at least had the freedom to choose the skin tone of our characters rather than waiting some time to tan.

I'd love for the Swapnote/Letterbox to be connected in game. So you could send Swapnote style letters to your friends via Animal Crossing, or get them from you villagers. =P

Back