• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Features NOT from previous games that you'd like to have in New Horizons

Lanstar

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Lots of people tend to look back at previous games for the features they want in this game... So as a change of pace, lets look forwards: What features NOT from the previous games (including Happy Home Designer) would you love to see added?

Here are some I'd like:

-The power to automatically clean all newly spawned flowers of the day from our town. I have a town with lots of flowers in planned locations, and each time it rains/snows, it takes over an hour to clean them up. A cleaning service would help immensely.

-A greenhouse to store flowers that we don't wish to decorate with. I don't like having to clutter my beach with them in order to redecorate places.

-The ability to build bridges across cliffs. Just imagine the layouts we could make if we could do this!

-The ability to decorate the cliffs with wall mounted furniture. Then I could have all the Zodiac pieces outdoors where they belong.

-A much higher limit for the number of inclines and bridges you could build. 20 sounds like a better number for each!

-Bulk crafting for certain kinds of furniture, such as Fish Bait. I bet everyone wants that.

-Harv's Island, only for outdoor decorating and terraforming. That would help immensely for planning layouts and such.

-Peppy Deer and Jock/Lazy Wolves. I'm surprised they don't exist yet!

I would like to be able to feed the bugs and creatures we catch.

Cranky girls. Bella= Cranky

Not having to fully expand our houses to get features like basement, storage, etc. maybe I want a smaller main room with a basement, and large storage.

Credit cards. I don’t want to have to keep running to the ATM. We already have smart phone, why not credit cards?

Ability to switch mayors or town representatives without having to reset.

Those are just some things.

I'd like some more personalities, like one more for each and maybe a neutral one would be awesome

The ability to craft in bulk

I love your idea, OP, of the greenhouse storage!

I'd love more plants like the pumpkins. Farming would be so cute~

The ability to buy more clothes at once. Oh please let this happen I am so tired of going in and out and in and out and in and out when they have a cute piece of clothing in multiple colors.

Some sort of indication as to where you are putting something while terraforming. The amount of times I have to undo an accident is frustrating haha

Also a way to somehow make objects you put outside/fences... not be picked up so easily? Oof.

Also the ability to kick dirt in a hole/dig without ending up pulling petals off a flower instead(this is constant and annoying). Yes to putting a cart in the dressing room so we can put whatever we want to buy and get it all at once. And love the credit card idea(or even a app on the phone for that). And definitely yes to the being able to remove all flowers or some way to prevent them growing, its nuts.

Bulk crafting and being able to store crafting supplies in the crafting bench. Also being able to change clothes via the fresh cooler/bug cage/safe etc makes zero sense. The cooler should be solely to store fish and the bug cage to store bugs.

Credit cards. I don’t want to have to keep running to the ATM. We already have smart phone, why not credit cards?
And love the credit card idea(or even a app on the phone for that).
There was a shopping card in City Folk, but it did not return in New Leaf.

I'd like the ability to change the hourly music and either have new music or be able to use music from the old games. There are a few tracks that I like in NH, but I'm not a fan of others and it would be really nice if I could mix and match my favorite music from all of the AC games. I'd also like to be able to mix in the intro track for an hour without having to listen to it 24 hours a day. I'm surprised that with all of the customization options available in NH, everyone is still stuck with the same fixed hourly music.

Wooops missed that. I never really played City Folk. I have only played wild world, new leaf , new horizon and Pocket camp. That seemed like a nice addition. I wonder why they took it off.

• i would very much so like the ability to hug my villagers; i’m not too sure how this could be implemented (maybe as a reaction or have it as an option whenever you talk to a villager? there’d probably be a limit on how many hugs you can give a villager per day, though aha) but i’d do anything to be able to do this. 🥺

• this probably doesn’t exactly count as a feature but i really wish that npc birthdays were acknowledged in-game!

my list is pretty short lmao but these are the main features that i’d love to have exist one day. :’)

• this probably doesn’t exactly count as a feature but i really wish that npc birthdays were acknowledged in-game!

Not only does Isabelle already announce it on the day of, it's also announced on the bulletin board a week or more in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, I think you might be referring to those such as Isabelle

Not only does Isabelle already announce it on the day of, it's also announced on the bulletin board a week or more in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, I think you might be referring to those such as Isabelle

yeah aha, i was referring to the npcs like isabelle, tom nook, etc; they’ve all got birthdays and yet they’ve never been mentioned in-game before, which is sad. ;;

I'd like the ability to change the hourly music and either have new music or be able to use music from the old games. There are a few tracks that I like in NH, but I'm not a fan of others and it would be really nice if I could mix and match my favorite music from all of the AC games. I'd also like to be able to mix in the intro track for an hour without having to listen to it 24 hours a day. I'm surprised that with all of the customization options available in NH, everyone is still stuck with the same fixed hourly music.
Oh, that would be amazing. I love some tracks from ACGC, a few from WW and a bunch from NL (never played CF).

I've been wishing for this for months now. But my hope for this is very thin...

I'm starting to wonder if Brewster will ever come by... He's everybody's bet for every new update and never comes by. I guess Nintendo likes to mess with us

Lots of people tend to look back at previous games for the features they want in this game... So as a change of pace, lets look forwards: What features NOT from the previous games (including Happy Home Designer) would you love to see added?

Here are some I'd like:

-The power to automatically clean all newly spawned flowers of the day from our town. I have a town with lots of flowers in planned locations, and each time it rains/snows, it takes over an hour to clean them up. A cleaning service would help immensely.

-A greenhouse to store flowers that we don't wish to decorate with. I don't like having to clutter my beach with them in order to redecorate places.

-The ability to build bridges across cliffs. Just imagine the layouts we could make if we could do this!

-The ability to decorate the cliffs with wall mounted furniture. Then I could have all the Zodiac pieces outdoors where they belong.

-A much higher limit for the number of inclines and bridges you could build. 20 sounds like a better number for each!

-Bulk crafting for certain kinds of furniture, such as Fish Bait. I bet everyone wants that.

-Harv's Island, only for outdoor decorating and terraforming. That would help immensely for planning layouts and such.

-Peppy Deer and Jock/Lazy Wolves. I'm surprised they don't exist yet!

Ohhh I love the greenhouse idea, that’d be genuinely practical as well as a pretty addition, perhaps a greenhouse/Leif‘s shop/a flower clear up service could all be incorporated together 😊

I would like to be able to feed the bugs and creatures we catch.

Cranky girls. Bella= Cranky

Not having to fully expand our houses to get features like basement, storage, etc. maybe I want a smaller main room with a basement, and large storage.

Ability to switch mayors or town representatives without having to reset.

Those are just some things.
Honestly not having the personality types gender locked would be amazing, I don’t see if happening in acnh now bur I really hope they explore it in future games ;w;
• i would very much so like the ability to hug my villagers; i’m not too sure how this could be implemented (maybe as a reaction or have it as an option whenever you talk to a villager? there’d probably be a limit on how many hugs you can give a villager per day, though aha) but i’d do anything to be able to do this. 🥺

my list is pretty short lmao but these are the main features that i’d love to have exist one day. :’)
Hugging villagers/friends in multiplayer mode would be amazing ;w; So wholesome. Perhaps with friends the friend would need to accept the hug/with villagers it could depend on friendship level? This is such a cute idea awhwhwh.

@Lanstar I like many of your points such as:

• Green house ? YAS please but not just for flowers we dont want to decorate but for vegetables too.
  • Bulk crafting ? PLEASE!
  • 20 inclines and 20 bridges ? We need this, plus bridges between cliffs that could make tons of beautiful scenarios, so im in!
  • I most certainly did not know there were no peppy deers or Jocky/lazy wolfs, im impressed and would not mind if they were added.
  • I saw a video in someones forum where they would cover the cliffs and river sides just like we do with the paths and if that is what you mean I absolutely agree with you and love it.

> As far as things i would like to see I would say:
  • More vegetables to plant and cultivate but I would also like for them to be seasonable, meaning that, weather would affect their productivity AK: no pumpkin production during winter.

• Following in on the first point, i would like flowers to be seasonal, so flowers which are not meant to bloom in winter they would not, they would just look like a green plant.

• The ability to cook different drinks and dishes like soup, or pizza 🤤 or many more through mini game cooking game interactions. Not only that but to be able to eat food and maybe get special boost by certain dishes or depending on the dish quality also to be able to gift food.

• More functional furniture, like i have an expresso machine in my kitchen, Why cant I just make my self an expresso to drink in my kitchen or just to go !?, this is just an example in overall I want more functional furniture like I want to be able to ride in the tea-cup fair or in the bouncy horse etc.

• I know not everyone has payed for the internet subscription but for the ones who have, maybe implement new gaming systems for when players are together, cause there is absolutely nothing to do apart from catch fish, sea creature or bugs. Anything i think of is similar to other games or the same thing so i won't add to this point but it definitely needs more love by creators.

• The ability to own and have a pet to care and train if it is applicable. I know many people dont like this cause they say our villagers represent rational animals BUT what about the caged hamster and the puppy plush ? I wish we could start with Cats, dogs and fish tanks adding a whole need dimension and playability to the game which would add depth.

• Would love to see how the weather affected us, like, if its sunny and we walk with out a hat, or sun-umbrella or ( suns-screen? ) we get tan and could get tan lines depending on our clothing, that we could actually sunbathe. Also if we go out in the winter in shorts or tank top that we could go blue and shiver till we worm up etc. Basically more realistic interactions with the weather.

• Implement hobbies not just for our character but for everyone, like maybe since we have a beach: sand sculpin and paddle surfing or other such as painting, using the sports stuff we have case we sporty, mud sculpin. This hobbies could be seasonal related too like been able to go sleighing or like snow/skii-ing etc. Basically a kind of hobby/activities people can do

• Have the ability to center things, meaning, when you are decorating your home for example if you put a table i want to be able to put my small candle in the middle of the freaking table and in the sides a cup of coffee or something, you know what I mean ?Also Why are there no hanging lights or plants so we can put them hanging off the ceiling.
I think I overdid it a little bit 😅, but I would love to see things like this be implemented.AlsoI only played NL so maybe some of the things i may have said have been already in other entries andI didn't know, sorry for that.

This is sort of a silly thing I was thinking about the other day but when I go to visit my friends island it would be fun if I could bring one of my villagers with me, like they could just follow me around and we could talk to everyone on a different island.

This is sort of a silly thing I was thinking about the other day but when I go to visit my friends island it would be fun if I could bring one of my villagers with me, like they could just follow me around and we could talk to everyone on a different island.
That would be so cute ahhhhh!

We would get ice cream from street passes in NL, but those were a one time thing. You eat it and it's gone. I would like to see something like a ice-cream parlor or stand in NH where you can buy cones daily. Maybe have a limit on it so people don't go overboard per day.

Things I’d love to be included in NH:

- house boats would be cool

- cave exploration with traps and a bat npc that lives there

- villagers swimming in the ocean. Lazy villagers with a floaty. Jock villagers can swim fast.

- giving gifts to the npcs, I really wanted to give Timmy and Tommy a toy day gift :(

- asking villagers to follow you

- buying a villager’s clothing item and it disappearing from their inventory so that they won’t wear it again lol

- paying villagers (with bells or items) or villagers paying you to do other chores: picking flowers of a certain type, fruits, watering plants...

- villagers giving you a task to redecorate their interior if you have a high friendship level with them

- fashion show hosted by Label with you and the villagers participating

- frozen lakes in winter and being able to ice skate on them

- villagers that moved out can call you in the once you start your game (like when Timmy calls about the items you sold in the bin) to tell you how they are and what they’re up to. Like peppys can talk about their pop star career and going on tours. Lazies can talk about seeing their grandma and the new food they ate.

Things I’d love to be included in NH:

- house boats would be cool

- cave exploration with traps and a bat npc that lives there

- villagers swimming in the ocean. Lazy villagers with a floaty. Jock villagers can swim fast.

- giving gifts to the npcs, I really wanted to give Timmy and Tommy a toy day gift :(

- asking villagers to follow you

- buying a villager’s clothing item and it disappearing from their inventory so that they won’t wear it again lol

- paying villagers (with bells or items) or villagers paying you to do other chores: picking flowers of a certain type, fruits, watering plants...

- villagers giving you a task to redecorate their interior if you have a high friendship level with them

- fashion show hosted by Label with you and the villagers participating

- frozen lakes in winter and being able to ice skate on them

- villagers that moved out can call you in the once you start your game (like when Timmy calls about the items you sold in the bin) to tell you how they are and what they’re up to. Like peppys can talk about their pop star career and going on tours. Lazies can talk about seeing their grandma and the new food they ate.

Love your points !!!!!!!!

Back