• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Features NOT from previous games that you'd like to have in New Horizons

Things I’d love to be included in NH:

- house boats would be cool

- cave exploration with traps and a bat npc that lives there

- villagers swimming in the ocean. Lazy villagers with a floaty. Jock villagers can swim fast.

- giving gifts to the npcs, I really wanted to give Timmy and Tommy a toy day gift :(

- asking villagers to follow you

- buying a villager’s clothing item and it disappearing from their inventory so that they won’t wear it again lol

- paying villagers (with bells or items) or villagers paying you to do other chores: picking flowers of a certain type, fruits, watering plants...

- villagers giving you a task to redecorate their interior if you have a high friendship level with them

- fashion show hosted by Label with you and the villagers participating

- frozen lakes in winter and being able to ice skate on them

- villagers that moved out can call you in the once you start your game (like when Timmy calls about the items you sold in the bin) to tell you how they are and what they’re up to. Like peppys can talk about their pop star career and going on tours. Lazies can talk about seeing their grandma and the new food they ate.
These suggestions are all so cute ahhhhh! The visual of a lazy villager with a floaty is so cute to me I just 😭💕

I’ve only played NL and NH, so I’m not sure if these existed in previous games.
- Customizable shoes and socks. Come on guys, I really want to craft cute shoes with faces on them 3:
- Interactive musical instruments. I know we can just click on one and it makes noises already in NH and in previous games, but it would be actually fun if it shows another screen where we can actually hit real piano keys or guitar strings. I want my villagers to be able to play in a band with me!
-
Being able to swim underwater. I know we have wetsuits already but we can only see our shadow form. It would be cool to see fish, find treasure, and possibly underwater NPCs we could interact with.
- I wish we could increase other villager’s friendships. Some of my villagers have beef and I just want them to be friends
- Playing sports with villagers and other activities like picnics or even gossiping 😶

Something brand new I would suggest is a Trading App for your Nookphone. I know a lot of people in this game like to do trades but sadly there is no way to trade Fish, Bugs or Sea Creatures. So what if they add a new app that allows you to do that. Its kinda like Pocket Camp where you can list your goods to your friends and they don't need to be online just to buy your stuff. If they do they will be a letter in your mailbox saying that someone bought your goods and whatever amount of bells you asked for gets sent to your ATM. I feel like that would be useful for people who have trouble catching Fish or Bugs because right now there is no way to do that so I figured something like that would make trading in this game a lot more useful.

Something brand new I would suggest is a Trading App for your Nookphone. I know a lot of people in this game like to do trades but sadly there is no way to trade Fish, Bugs or Sea Creatures. So what if they add a new app that allows you to do that. Its kinda like Pocket Camp where you can list your goods to your friends and they don't need to be online just to buy your stuff. If they do they will be a letter in your mailbox saying that someone bought your goods and whatever amount of bells you asked for gets sent to your ATM. I feel like that would be useful for people who have trouble catching Fish or Bugs because right now there is no way to do that so I figured something like that would make trading in this game a lot more useful.
I would love that for all items and make it available to non-friends. Have a search feature where you can see who has x item listed for x price and just buy it 🥺

While I could create a laundry list of QOL things I'd like in New Horizons, here are things more specific that the series has refused to let us do yet.

1. Have items face diagonally. Right now items can only be rotated by 90 degrees at a time. Let us rotate by 45 degrees.

2. Decorate villagers homes. Yes HHD had this, but it hasn't been a thing in a mainline game.

While I could create a laundry list of QOL things I'd like in New Horizons, here are things more specific that the series has refused to let us do yet.

1. Have items face diagonally. Right now items can only be rotated by 90 degrees at a time. Let us rotate by 45 degrees.

2. Decorate villagers homes (Yes HHD had this, but it hasn't been a think in a mainline game)
The angle rotation oh god I need this!

I wish I didn’t want to decorate villager homes but when they keep insisting on putting clothing gifts on display instead of wearing them I just 😭 I’ve been trying to get Beau and Pietro to clean up their piles of clothes for months

2. Decorate villagers homes (Yes HHD had this, but it hasn't been a think in a mainline game)

Thank you! finally someone says it out loud ( I mean I have been talking about this things with others and other threats but its not a popular thought ). I hate that while im decorating my home I cannot put a small candle in the middle of the table and put other things of the sides, or like in the middle of the chimney, why not?! in the games its either left or right but why not in the center!!!! i don't have OCD but sometimes I fell like the games makes me think I have got OCD lol 🤣 . Also, what about ceiling lamps and ceiling hangin decoration ? why not?

Been able to decorate my villagers home? hmm i was also expecting that specially taking into account we had a game for the DS just about that lol, Im truly truly sad i can not completely decorate my villagers home, some are truly clothe hoarders and it makes me mad !!

Thank you! finally someone says it out loud ( I mean I have been talking about this things with others and other threats but its not a popular thought ). I hate that while im decorating my home I cannot put a small candle in the middle of the table and put other things of the sides, or like in the middle of the chimney, why not?! in the games its either left or right but why not in the center!!!! i don't have OCD but sometimes I fell like the games makes me think I have got OCD lol 🤣 . Also, what about ceiling lamps and ceiling hangin decoration ? why not?

Oh, you're talking more specifically about the alignment on the current tile/grid.

I'm speaking about the direction furniture faces. When you rotate furniture, it goes either clockwise or anti-clockwise by a 90 degree angle. It can only face up, right, down, or left. 4 different angles. I'd like to fine turn the rotation to 45 degrees. This would give us slightly more control, which would help for placing furniture in corners.

1609177568762.png

Not sure if this has been in past games since NH is my first AC game, but Wouldn't be cool to have real life video clips to view of the bugs/fish/critters you have caught while visiting the museum in some way after donating of course.

• Let villagers fish actual fish and catch actual bugs. Maybe even a feature if you had really good friendship with them they'd catch bees, tarantulas and scorpions for you if you came to them and talked to them.
  • Villagers being able to visit you, maybe even a sleep over event kinda like how you play mini games with them.
  • Possibly a musical snow globe or sea globes etc where you could collect them for their different tunes and or colours that is seperate from the originals that are already in game.
  • Cooking! Crafting is already a feature so why not? A bit disappointed that they said there would be cooking yet it was Franklin which to us seasoned players was really cheap of them I personally feel.
  • Snow angels in the winter. Just be able to some how press "A" and make a snow angel on the ground. It would be so cute! (Not sure if this was a feature in previous games but feels like it might of been)
  • Fix boundaries on items and fences there's like a foot between you and that item sometimes and I think it's over due.
Post automatically merged:

We would get ice cream from street passes in NL, but those were a one time thing. You eat it and it's gone. I would like to see something like a ice-cream parlor or stand in NH where you can buy cones daily. Maybe have a limit on it so people don't go overboard per day.
I want this but I think theres a rumour that when they do bring Brewster he might sell snacks you see the villagers holding i.e sandwhich, donut etc. That would be so cool if so!
Post automatically merged:

2. Decorate villagers homes. Yes HHD had this, but it hasn't been a thing in a mainline game.
Also agree with this but onltyif they come up to us and ask like "My home is getting so stale, can you help?" type stuff xD

Last edited:
I'd love to see mannequins back again for one, I have so many clothes I'd love to have on them, but make them placeable outside too. As most people do I also want the villagers to have more personality again, so often I'll be chatting with my villagers, and they'll just repeat the same things. I'd also like the observatory to be back, and for Celeste to have something to do. I don't think creating constellations would work, with the way the game is, but for her to give you information like Blather's does, would be nice. Also again like everyone else, seeing Brewster and the cafe back would be good, but the cafe could be expanded on, with a gyroid collection in the basement and an apartment for Brewster at the top with cute pigeon stuff :D

I'd love to see mannequins back again for one, I have so many clothes I'd love to have on them, but make them placeable outside too. As most people do I also want the villagers to have more personality again, so often I'll be chatting with my villagers, and they'll just repeat the same things. I'd also like the observatory to be back, and for Celeste to have something to do. I don't think creating constellations would work, with the way the game is, but for her to give you information like Blather's does, would be nice. Also again like everyone else, seeing Brewster and the cafe back would be good, but the cafe could be expanded on, with a gyroid collection in the basement and an apartment for Brewster at the top with cute pigeon stuff :D

really good points there! Just in case you do not know this when celeste comes to your town and you show her any kind of star fragment she will tell you a mythological story, i have yet to try to discover if she tells more than one type Of story or if its always the same. I really like this and although i only played ACNL and have therefore not experience the observatory etc i feel its a neat detail ☺️. Just saying this in case you do not know this 😊

really good points there! Just in case you do not know this when celeste comes to your town and you show her any kind of star fragment she will tell you a mythological story, i have yet to try to discover if she tells more than one type Of story or if its always the same. I really like this and although i only played ACNL and have therefore not experience the observatory etc i feel its a neat detail ☺. Just saying this in case you do not know this 😊
I know <3 Just feels such a shame she's been so downgraded, I see a lot of myself in her, shy and loves stars, constellations and the night sky <3

every idea in this thread is so cute!! I definitely would love to be able to build bridges across cliffs, not only across rivers. and I saw someone mention rotating by 45 degree angles - yes absolutely! please. and also be able to adjust items I've placed on tables outside because sometimes it's just not quite where I want it to be. and also I'd love to just in general have more personal interactions with villagers, not sure what exactly but I just want to spend some time with them y'know?

tomodachilife.jpg

See that in the bottom right-hand corner? I'd love that feature from Tomodachi Life in the NH catalogue ... Boxes to show you how many different colour variants of an item there are and which ones I already have catalogued ... Empty boxes for the ones I don't have ...

Back