• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Features you're looking forward to the most

Dustbunnii

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was just curious about some of the things that you're all hoping to see :D
What features are you looking forward to the most in Animal Crossing 3DS?
What unannounced features would you like to see?
Is there anything you don't want to return from previous versions?

Personally, I'm looking forward to the large amount of customization the most :3 I've always felt kind of sad in the past games when my furniture doesn't match, so being able to give them some sort of cohesiveness will be nice :D I also really really like that there are now more parts to the outfits than just a top, head gear and shoes, and how you can have long or short sleeves :3 I can't wait to make some winter outfits that will actually make sense for the winter xD
I'm also really looking forward to swimming. Swimming is something that I've been wanting to do since I played the GC version.

As for unannounced features, I would like to have some sort of checklist to see which things you've donated to the museum while you're not in the museum. Like, on the lists of fish that you catch, I feel like it would be nice if there was an icon of some sort to show that you've donated a certain fish to the museum. It might also be kind of fun to have a counter on how many fish/bugs you catch and how many total bells you've made off of each one individually.

I don't really want animal tracks to come back. If it does make a return, then I would really like for the grass to be easier to grow back or harder to wear down, such as it only gets worn down if you run over it or something, not just by walking. I do like the idea of having pathways in my town, but I don't want it to be without any grass, because grass makes it look really nice. I know that when I have my Animal Crossing phases, I'll walk the entirety of the town in search for bugs and walk back and forth along the river and beaches, and that would easily create a path that would eventually expand. I don't want that D:

So what are you all looking forward to?

i am looking forward to all the new fruit trees and flowers ^.^
and i also like that we can change the outside of our houses ^.^
all the customiztion stuff is good too, though thats not what im looking forward to the most XD

I'm looking forward to swimming!! Then there's the new music, new characters, new look of the town and all the events that I've been missing because I only have WW :D

I'm mostly looking forward to WiFi. I know it's been in the previous games, but I've never used it except for playing with my brother on AC:WW. I never really got into CF, and so I sold it. Not sure if it's worth getting CF again, or maybe just waiting for the 3DS release.

For new features, I'm mostly looking forward to the island, with the mini-games and rare fish and bugs. Also, I've been told that on the island it's always summer, so are the 'rare island fish and bugs' just normal summer fish and bugs that appear by the ocean and on palm trees?

Also the more in-depth designing and use of patterns is great. I hope they add more slots for patterns, but if that was in, they'd likely have shown it in the Nintendo Direct. I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe it isn't even coming out in Q1/2, and Paper Mario is secretly Animal Crossing? That would make me happy. Not that I don't like Paper Mario, but Animal Crossing is the one I want most out of Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion. Although it seems illogical to release Luigi's Mansion before Animal Crossing, considering the Japanese release date for Luigi's Mansion is still only known to be 2013, while Animal Crossing has a confirmed release date in early November 2012. It honestly makes no sense for Japan to have to wait 1 month to get Paper Mario, but then we have to wait half a year for Animal Crossing.

Sorry for going offtopic. I think my overall favorite feature is being able to choose where things go, so I can have my village all nice and organized and not all over the place.

I'm mostly looking forward to WiFi. I know it's been in the previous games, but I've never used it except for playing with my brother on AC:WW. I never really got into CF, and so I sold it. Not sure if it's worth getting CF again, or maybe just waiting for the 3DS release.

For new features, I'm mostly looking forward to the island, with the mini-games and rare fish and bugs. Also, I've been told that on the island it's always summer, so are the 'rare island fish and bugs' just normal summer fish and bugs that appear by the ocean and on palm trees?

Also the more in-depth designing and use of patterns is great. I hope they add more slots for patterns, but if that was in, they'd likely have shown it in the Nintendo Direct. I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe it isn't even coming out in Q1/2, and Paper Mario is secretly Animal Crossing? That would make me happy. Not that I don't like Paper Mario, but Animal Crossing is the one I want most out of Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion. Although it seems illogical to release Luigi's Mansion before Animal Crossing, considering the Japanese release date for Luigi's Mansion is still only known to be 2013, while Animal Crossing has a confirmed release date in early November 2012. It honestly makes no sense for Japan to have to wait 1 month to get Paper Mario, but then we have to wait half a year for Animal Crossing.

Sorry for going offtopic. I think my overall favorite feature is being able to choose where things go, so I can have my village all nice and organized and not all over the place.

I'm looking forward to the wifi stuff, too :D that and the streetpass
I never did anything with wifi with WW or CF because I don't want to give my friend code to someone just to have them come in and destroy all my flowers or cut down all my trees or something. But since we'll be able to visit towns through the Dream Mansion or whatever it's called, and things you do in the dream won't affect the actual town, that shouldn't be much of a problem :3 of course, I'd still have to be cautious when letting people come visit the town, but I still really like the idea of being able to go to another person's town on a whim. I love getting out of my town to see what other things people have done.

My new favorite features... There are quite a few. My character no longer has to wear a dress! I hated that. And shoes. So outfits are definitely a big plus. And I also love the much improved graphics. And the new characters. I'm looking forward to the island a lot, since I never got to do that in the GC version. I also love all the new furniture... and my favorite might be the return of the villager pictures. Even though I love almost everything about this game we know so far.

I'm looking forward to the customization of the town. That's one of the main reasons that I hacked my ACCF town. I'm also happy that we have more choices for designs with the new setup of the pallet.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the game and want most old features to return. Animal tracks is an exception. =3

Custom furniture, Custom Museum, Being Mayor, Summer Island, Mall. Mostly everything. The entire game.

Forgot to mention: Dream Manor, and StreetPass House area

It's rather hard for me to decide upon what I'm looking forward to the most out of everything, but I suppose I could give it a shot!

-Being the Mayor. I've been doing everything in my towns for years. I plant new trees. I pull all the weeds. I make the village a perfect place to live. It's because of my spending and selling that Tom Nook upgrades his store. I'm the one who donates money. I'm the one who helps the villagers get their things back for each other. It's about dang time I officially got put in charge! :p

-New clothing options. Now, I really like putting my characters in dresses, so the fact that pants and shorts exist now won't affect me very much. However, the shoes, socks, and skirts really interest me. I can't wait to start collecting clothes for my character.

-In the same vein, I'm also excited to design new types of clothing for myself! The fact that we can make whatever pallets we want from now on is one of the greatest thing's I've ever heard. It's something I've wanted every since the GameCube game first came out. I will no longer be restricted to the colors they give me!

-I'm excited to change the way my house looks on the outside. I hope that I'll be able to find house parts that suit my personality perfectly. The roof color option of the past was nice... but I want just a little bit more. I'm also hoping that our houses get as many rooms as Wild World, WITH the basement added on. I literally need all that space for the furniture I want to keep.

-New furniture items. I am excited that we can put items on the wall now. I enjoy making my homes look as close to a house I'd live in in real life as possible. When I see little decorative items I get excited. The new series that I have seen, mainly the seashell one, look absolutely beautiful. I want them all so badly.

-Item customization. I'll admit it. I hate collecting one series of furniture. I want to collect furniture based on how it looks. The only reason I collect full sets is to please the HRA. If I can customize all my furniture to match each other, I will be one happy camper.

-Meeting all the new animals. Not just villagers, but the NPCs. Though I love this series because of its relaxing game play, the reason I love it so much is because of all the wonderful characters that live inside it. Meeting new NPCs and then meeting new villagers is probably my favorite part of the experience. And, since I never played City Folk, I have a lot more characters I have to meet for the first time! The fact that there are new villager species and personality makes me so excited.

-Having all the shops in one convenient place. I just love the way that area looks. It seems really convenient.

-Custom museum exhibits. I've always wanted a place to store the world icon items that Gulliver gives me. I'll finally have a place to store them! As well as gyroids. Both of these items take up space in my dressers and my house. If I have a nice place to store Gyroids, I might actually try to collect them again.

-Decorating my town sounds like a wonderful, wonderful thing to do. I've always wanted to place decorations around my towns and create little areas where I can just sit and relax. I do like to role play in my head a little as I play, and any way I can immerse myself further into the world is always a plus!

This last one is a little silly but... Officer Copper. I am so happy to see Copper as an officer again. I have never liked seeing him in that guard uniform. When he got that uniform he basically became the 'talk to me for wifi' guy. I can't play online with others at the moment so I never talked to Copper. You can imagine how much I didn't enjoy this because he's my favorite NPC. When I found out he and Booker have their police uniforms again, I squealed. I'll stop here so I don't suffocate you all under a wall of text. xD

Okay, now that I've had time to think here are some features I was excited about from start that I neglected top mention above

I like that the village isn't flat like in WW but is layered.
I like that they got rid of the stupid sky feature introduced in Wild World
I like the fact that we now play on the top screen and that the bottom screen is dedicated to the map, inventory and more.
I like that the cloths and patterns are more customization.
I like how when you are in your house you will be able to get a 360 degree viewing angles.
I like how you can change tools instantly like the Wii. This was always annoying on the NDS ACWW.
I like the fact that I can place my house where I'd like it to go
I like that the villagers can roam free during multiplayer.
I like the fact that I can have light post/street lamps in the town
I like the fact that you can place object on the wall

All the new customization aspects, including new face styles, custom museum exhibits, house exterior, etc.

I'm most looking forward to the tiny additions, such as coffee on the go, working part time at the Roost, new villager interactions, picnics, ice cream on the go, and some other stuff. I'm looking forward to being mayor and all that stuff, but I'm really excited for the small things that will make this game even more fun.

Everyone's replies are making me remember more things that I'm really excited about, which is pretty much everything being mentioned xD

I think the customization is what I'm looking forward to the most, clothing, interior design, and all the outdoor stuff is what I'll probably be spending most of my time with, if you've ever WiFi'd with me in the past, you'd notice the large amount of patterns I had in my town, or all the clothes I made.

Finally, somebody cares that we can now wear pants! I don't do dresses. I want to run a city and turn it into a wealthy metropolis! Swimming sounds fun, and I like having a little secretary-dog. Staying up too late watching trailers. Dude, if this game doesn't come out soon, my grades might suffer! 😍💤M.C

Don't forget being a MAYOR! Dude, I'm so excited! And I don't even own a 3DS! �� glad I've been saving money for a while.

These new fruits are really cool I guess.

I donno I'm looking forward to all the customizaton we can do in this game. Irdc about being mayor

Reading this thread is really not helping the wait at all. So many awesome things I forgot about until now.

Back