• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Features you're looking forward to the most

Okay, now that I've had time to think here are some features I was excited about from start that I neglected top mention above

I like that the village isn't flat like in WW but is layered.
I like that they got rid of the stupid sky feature introduced in Wild World
I like the fact that we now play on the top screen and that the bottom screen is dedicated to the map, inventory and more.
I like that the cloths and patterns are more customization.
I like how when you are in your house you will be able to get a 360 degree viewing angles.
I like how you can change tools instantly like the Wii. This was always annoying on the NDS ACWW.
I like the fact that I can place my house where I'd like it to go
I like that the villagers can roam free during multiplayer.
I like the fact that I can have light post/street lamps in the town
I like the fact that you can place object on the wall

You pretty much summed up what I think too! :)

Customization! We finally have outdoor furniture back... It seems ridiculous that we went through two whole AC sequels after Doubutsu no Mori e+ with no sign of outdoor furniture (CF had the fountain and lighthouse/windmill, but I'd hardly count those for various reasons). I love the outside house customization. I love the new clothing and accessory options. I love that many of the things that CF ruined have been amended, like animal pictures have returned and we have some degree of options when opening up conversation with animals. I love that Christmas Eve has been changed so we're the ones delivering presents to villagers. It seems so much more appropriate for the holiday than what we had before.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing...

Finally, somebody cares that we can now wear pants! I don't do dresses.

I doubt I'll have my character wear pants, unless I see some style I really love. It's great to have that option, nevertheless.

I'm just glad that the guys can wear skirts. xD I hope NOA isn't stupid and ends up removing that. They certainly have a habit of giving the middle finger to gender identity expression outside of the norm when it comes to this series... Like Gracie.

Reading this thread is really not helping the wait at all. So many awesome things I forgot about until now.

I know right?
The anticipation is starting to kill me.
I had a similar sense of excitement for Guild Wars 2.
Every bit of new information is precious.
Every change made or returning feature makes the game sound even more fun than it already did.
I really hope I get a 3DS for Christmas so I can get this game when it comes out xD

From what I've seen there's a lot I'm loving. To keep it short and name a few (probably covers/repeats what a lot of others are looking forward to, but):

• Being able to work at The Roost
  • Being mayor. There's just so much more added with this feature. Being able to choose specifcs of your town, adding all sorts of new decor
  • The town area has improved way beyond that of City Folk's. Love the look and feel to the place (as well as all the new shops :3)
  • Swimming of course!
  • New character changes. There's a lot more freedom this time around, which I love
  • Look of the town (having the added space on the beach is wonderful. The ramps look nice as well
  • Misc features like being able to have a picnic, carrying coffee or an ice cream around with you
  • Look of the island and being able to visit the island once again
  • Multilayer has improved. More options available

There's just too many ._.

I'm looking forward to going swimming when I see a shark, omg I hope it don't eat me, also when it's raining ah. I'm so excited for club 444 lol, k.k. Slider being a dj is just my dream coming true. I never really played on wifi that much so I'm looking forward to that too. I am so ready for this game. The fact that when you're in shops or at the cafe other villagers will be in there too, it just makes me happy.

I'd also like to add finally being able to write letters back to mom, being able to change the outside of your home (the absence of the huge rock pathway in front of your house too), and the return of Redd's tent. Fits the black market vibe. :p

I just thought of something else that I would like to add...
and that is the sports fair where the villagers play tug-of-war and other things do work outs in the morning from AC:pG :D
I always thought that it would be a lot of fun to participate in those when I did play Population Growing...

I know, right? Redd just doesn't feel right without that shady tent! When I heard about his shop in the city I couldn't help but feel it was out of place. Seemed like he was too accessible. A tent made it feel like he was on the run from the law.

I'm also happy that rock pathway will be gone! I didn't like that about Wild Wold. I still don't know why that huge rock area was right there. It was such an eyesore. It could have used that space to plant a massive garden!

I'm looking forward to the new types of flowers and fruit, swimming and the town projects :D

This is what I'm looking forward to:
Hourly Music (It sounds nice so far)
New Features (Like being mayor)
Customisable House (Like designing furniture and the outside of the house)
Outdoor Furniture (I used to stand for no reason sometimes on City Folk! I can finally sit outside.)
Swimming
Shopping
Wi-Fi with my sister (It would feel like all those years ago...)

I'm really looking forward to customizing my town. I also can't wait to have some good conversations with my neighbors. They were so boring in City Folk! I really hoped they fix that...neighbors is like my #1 reason for playing Animal Crossing.

The main one I'd say is being able to turn my city into one where shops close late, in the past it's always been inconvenient as I play late in the night, this should make things a whole lot better :)

I am excited for the island with their "tours" as well as all of the customization you can do to your furniture and clothes!

What features are you looking forward to the most in Animal Crossing 3DS?

I'm really looking forward to being the mayor and doing public works and such. I've always felt like the mayor in previous games, so it's about time that I finally get to actually do the job. I'm also looking forward to the vast customization options. It'll be so exciting for me to actually be able to wear other things besides a dress! And I also really love how all the shops are in one convenient place. I know I'll really love visiting each shop every day and seeing what new things they all have to offer.

What unannounced features would you like to see?

Like someone above me said, I'd really like to see a checkmark or something similar to indicate when a bug or fish has been donated to the museum. It's hard for me to remember which ones I've donated, so it gets tiresome having to run to the museum to check the exhibits.

Is there anything you don't want to return from previous versions?

Animal tracks. It's a cool idea, but it wasn't executed properly and left a lot of towns looking like a desert. If they fixed it up a little bit, I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

I am looking forward to new music arrangements as well. :lemon: I found myself humming the music that plays during a rainfall as I walked to work today in the rain. :p Really pumps me~

Just some of the many things I'm looking forward to:

- Stepping into my new town for the first time
- Meeting new villagers and new special characters
- Building community projects around town (If I get a layout with an "island"...I'm building something there, for sure.)
- Hearing the new hourly music
- Participating in the seasonal events and other events, old and new
- Visiting the towns of old friends...maybe new friend's towns too!
- Playing the Island mini-games

Back